CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Seeking Shipmate(s) (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/283478-seeking-shipmate-s.html)

colt777 October 28th, 2003 09:42 PM

Seeking Shipmate(s)

Hi, I'm a 40+ professional, white male who is separated and soon to be divorced but who has been wanting to cruise for a long time. I would love to do a Caribbean 7-10 day cruise. I'm not necessarily looking for a cabinmate, although this possibility will be considered. Mostly, I would like to plan a trip knowing there could be a few familiar faces on board when I disembark. I have no preconceived ideas of what will take place. I just want to get away, enjoy myself, and make some new friends. If interested in taking a cruise sometime between December-March, please reply and share your ideas. I will be happy to tell you more about myself and even send a picture. Needless to say, I'm straight. I am easy going and I enjoy snorkeling. Maybe I would like to learn to scuba dive. I'm open to suggestions about when and where to go cruising. I would value any positive input. Thanks.

Mark

Marykay October 29th, 2003 08:05 PM

Re: Seeking Shipmate(s)

I have just returned from a cruise and have already booked another. I am interested in meeting other mature single people who love to cruise, for fun activities on board and excursions. My next cruise is on the brand new RCCL Mariner. I would love to hear back. My email is mnoone@houston.rr.com

Mary

LGalla9464 October 31st, 2003 05:28 AM

Re: Seeking Shipmate(s)

Am 46 and booked on the Elation on Feb 29th. Travelling solo, but also looking to meet friends and familiar 'faces'. This will also be my 'virgin' cruise, so I am a little nervous, but more excited and not sure what to expect....except that I am going with a positive attitude and WILL have a great time!
Laura

Mark Coulter October 31st, 2003 02:31 PM

Re: Re: Seeking Shipmate(s)

Mary, thanks for your e-mail. Where did you go on your last cruise? To where does the RCCL Mariner cruise? When does the ship leave and from where? As I said, this will be my first cruise. However, I'm a very experienced traveler and have lived overseas numerous times. Thus, I know how to fit in and go with the flow.

What types of activities do you enjoy? I am a member of another agency that sells cruises to singles for a very low (if any) supplement? Do you usually travel by yourself in a cabin? .

Have you ever shared a cabin with a relative stranger? If so, how did it work out? In fact, may I ask how you booked this RCCL cruise you mentioned? Do you have a cabin mate?

I'm really looking forward to getting away and relaxing. I'm open to suggestions. In the next e-mail, I would be happy to exchange fotos if you like. Thanks.

Mark