Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default DEC '04: 2 WEEKS ON QUEEN MARY, WITHOUT RE-MORTGAGING!

I'm Jeff, 44, live in western Mass., and I've been on a few cruises. Rather than insist
on a particular ship or line, I usually choose according to itinerary, then see who's
offering a good deal, especially for a single traveler. But being an ocean liner buff
since I was a kid, I'll make exceptions; I made a point of sailing on the Norway-- formerly
the SS France-- a special treat for me.
While browsing Cunard's website, I saw that the Queen Mary 2 has a two-week cruise in
2004, departing NYC on Dec 6 for Fort Lauderdale, and calling at San Juan Puerto Rico,
Curacao, Bonaire, Barbados, Martinique, St Maarten, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
This will be 11 months after the Mary's maiden voyage, long after the high demand for
early sailings has worn off. Nov through Jan is the off-season to begin with, and
repositioning cruises always offer the lowest per-day fares. For a basic inside cabin,
(no great sacrifice, since even these are nearly 200 sq ft) Cunard is showing an advance-
booking rate, including port charges, of $1599 per person-- and it may well fall further
as the date approaches.
(For comparison, this is almost exactly what it would cost you to spend two weeks at the
Fresno Airport Holiday Inn-- not nearly as much fun, I'm guessing. HOWEVER: add tax; travel
insurance; tips, drinks & other onboard incidentals; touring ashore; and airfare, and I'd
plan on budgeting about a grand additional. And if no cruise would be complete for you
without some full-contact shopping and a reckless gambling spree, you'll need to budget
for that accordingly.)
I'd suggest we use my travel agent, who's always ferreted out great deals for me, as
good as what I see on the internet-- but if you have your own favorite bargain-hunter,
that's something we can work out later.
I expect we'd have a better chance of getting along if we're similar in age. I'm not
expecting some kind of fantasy shipboard romance, so your gender is not as important as
being a non-smoker, considerate, thoughtful and responsible. In any travel situation, a
great sense of humor always helps. Also, NOT snoring is KEY.
So if the chance to enjoy two weeks aboard this amazing, one-of-a-kind vessel sounds
good to you, please leave a post below or email me directly, and we'll take it from there.
Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Passenger

Default Jan 31, 2004: 2 WEEKS ON QUEEN MARY. Why wait a year????

Jeph:

Are you interested in doing the QM2's inagural Caribbean voyage from Jan 31st, 2004?

Anyone interested in that sailing, please let me know I have been to most of the islands but given all the buzz about the ship, I am certainly inclined to get on board.

Feel free to post here and/orto email me directly.

A.
Old December 19th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Passenger

Default Re: DEC '04: 2 WEEKS ON QUEEN MARY, WITHOUT RE-MORTGAGING!

PS: My email address is aanselm@NOSPAM hotmail.com

Inside cabins from 1599 pp. 11 days:

January 2004
31 Sat Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA Depart 5:45 pm
February 2004
1 Sun Cruising the Atlantic Ocean
2 Mon San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
3 Tue Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
4 Wed Fort de France, Martinique 8:00 am - 11:00 pm
5 Thu Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
6 Fri Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
7 Sat Roseau, Dominica 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
8 Sun Cruising Caribbean Sea
9 Mon Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, USVI 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
10 Tue Cruising the Atlantic Ocean
11 Wed Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA Arrive 8:00 am
Old December 19th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: DEC '04: 2 WEEKS ON QUEEN MARY, WITHOUT RE-MORTGAGIN

Dear Orange--

Thanx for your interest, but I just got back from the Carribean, so I'll wait. You might get a little useful info or a few laughs from my lengthy review (Carnival Triumph, Nov 29) which I'll post shortly, so it should show up in the Reader Reviews by next week.

Good luck & smooth sailing-- Jeph