Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Analyticalblonde

Default SWPF/40 wants roommate/cruise

Hi there,

I've never been on a cruise and would like to this year (2004). I am a single, professional female, 40, looking for a roommate so I don't have to pay the premium single cost and am open to the cruise (as long as it's reasonable in cost and is reputable). I would prefer a female roommate who is "young" but mature...doesn't matter if you smoke or not, drink or not, but you must be straight (sorry if this offends some).

I'd like to hear from you if you have cruised before and know the ropes plus it would be beneficial to me so I can start my planning as well. I do not live in a state near an ocean so I will have to fly to the port. Please keep this in mind...

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soon...

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Beginner

Default Re: SWPF/40 wants roommate/cruise

I am in my late 40's, fun-loving and also professional and adventuresome. I am already booked on a Feb 22 -29 cruise, lv. Ft Lauderdale to West. Caribbean, Mexico. The cost is $ 629. The ship is Radiance of the Seas, which has a 6 star rating.
Please let me know if you have an interest.

Sincerely,

Bernadette
Old January 11th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Analyticalblonde

Hi Bernadette,

I was actually trying to travel in late march or early April, preferably before the college insanity...unfortunately, I can't swing the February timeline but thank you so much....hope you have a bunch of fun....

Tracy
Old January 11th, 2004, 01:59 PM
mjbsunny

Hi Tracy,

I am a 41, soon to be 42, single, profesional, straight, female. I am looking to go on a cruise this year. I went on my first cruise last year, and am dying to go on another one. It is my desire to book something through Singlescruises.com because their fares are so reasonable. I live in Texas (coastal state), so anything departing off of Galveston, New Orleans, or Florida works for me. I do not smoke or do drugs, and would rather have a room mate that doesn't either. I was looking more at traveling either in June, end of October or for New Years this year. I know those are a ways away from the time frame that you had in mind, but I wanted to know if you would be open to taking a cruise during these time frames instead, if it meant finding the right cabin mate. I have not planned or booked anything yet. Just in the shopping around mode right now. I would prefer finding a good cabin mate first. Let me know what you think.

Marlene

Old January 13th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Beginner

Hi,

I stumbled across the CruiseMates website when I posted a question on the Cruise Critic message boards. I am in search of a cruise mate for my sister who is going through a divorce. The reason that I am doing the research for her is because she lost the use of her computer when she moved out of her home. She uses the libray on the weekends to correspond when necessary. She is very busy at work since she recently went from part time to full time and handling the divorce keeps her busy. Therefore, I am helping her find a cabin mate.

Chris is 50 years old, does not smoke, and is simply looking to sail with us even though shes alone now. She is a clean and neat person and knows how to have a good time.

We have a group of people booked on Royal Caribbeans Serenade of the Seas, doing the southern caribbean. The cruise visits some wonderful ports, St. Thomas. St Maarten, Antiqua, St Lucia and Barbados. The sail date is April 10, over the Easter week. We have a few teachers sailing with us and this was the necessary week. We have a good rate through Buycruise.com and she currently has a category D with one of the larger balconies booked. She would be willing to downgrade to a lesser category, oceanview or inside room to save even more money. She is willing to share her Crown and Anchor discount coupon which has been applied to the room. She simply needs to split the cruise only cost with somone. She has her own airfare booked from Ft Lauderdale, Florida. Our groups is coming from all over. I will fly from NY. Some are coming from Pa. some from NJ and even Ohio, and Boston. We have a very diverse group.

Some fo us are flying down on the day before, April 9th. She also has a room booked at the Wyndham Condado at a great price. It is not necessary though to share this room if you can not fly out a day early. Some are simply flying that same morning as the ship doesnt leave port until the evening.

This is my/our first experience with this type of correspondence and were not at all offended when you mentioned that your were looking for a straight cabin mate. I was sort of uncomfortable on how to approach that so Im actually glad you mentioned it. We are simply looking to share the cost of the cruise.

If you think this sounds like something you might be interested in please contact me at Didyousaycruise@optonline.net or Chris at Chrisycrocket@aol.com

Old January 14th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Karen 1234

Hi,

I want to go on the cruise to Catalina and Ensenada on the week of May 31-June 4. It's being offered with my country music station in California and it's a great deal! I've been on this cruise before, to Ensenada, and it was very fun, although it was a different cruise line. I am looking for a roommate due to the double occupancy rule. I too, am 40 years young. I don't smoke or do drugs, am straight and fairly conservative, but I do like to have a good time, stay up late, do a little dancing, eat the great food, sit by the pool and socialize over a cocktail or two! I am blonde, blue, average build & 5'2". I would love to find a female cotraveler for this cruise! If you think you want to travel together let me know. Due to the low cost of this cruise, it's booking very fast. I, too, am flying in to long beach , if I do get to go. Let me know what you think! ....................Hopefully, we'll be heading for the open seas!!

Karen
Old January 19th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Analyticalblonde

Thank you to all who have replied....I have found a cruise and a cruise mate....best of luck to you and enjoy yourselves!!!!
Old January 20th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Mira

Hi Tracy
I am 52 years divorced female. I am profesional, get along with most people. I am interested in a cruise to a warm climat in Februarty'04 ,preferably middle of February.
Mira
Old January 28th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Jane Herrmann

Hi Tracey,

I am just back from a 7 night S. Caribbean cruise (my first) and it was so great that I want to go again. Next time, I would like to go to the W. Caribbean. I went on Celebrity and loved the cruise.
I am a SWPF, 43, (straight) non smoker and I now understand the economics of crusing, so a travel buddy would be great.
Jane
Old March 1st, 2004, 06:54 AM
MaryK

Hi,
I am a "young" forty. I also am looking to go on a cruise this year and want to avoid the single surcharge. For one reason or another none of my single friends can go this year. Email me at mary202020us@yahoo.com if you would like to discuss further.

Mary
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:23 PM
davided

Default Re: Re: SWPF/40 wants roommate/cruise

hi just aquick note re your request fir a gabin mate iam available for any cruise iam in my 40s photo attached 5.11 11st clean non smoker and sociable hope to hear from you my pager is +61 415 138 471 rgards david
Old March 10th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Beginner

Is March 28th, 2004 too soon? Carnival 8 day Southern Carribean cruise from Ft Lauderdale. I am a YOUNG 45 year old woman who is fun and has a sense of humor (also straight). Non smoker, social drinker.
Old March 16th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Melanie Grant

I saw your posting on the cruise mates web site and
thought I would check and see if you have booked
anything yet. I am a princess circle member looking
for a roommate on the Star Princess departing Apr. 22
for 12 days. It leaves out of Rome....hits Malta,
islands in the Med, Athens, and finally back up to
Venice. I am a straight female...31 yr. old professional...very
independent...just trying to save money and I don't
plan to be in the room that often. I do not smoke, but I do drink sometimes. A married couple
that are friends of mine are going. We were going to
try to share a mini suite with 2 rooms but it is too
expensive per person. They can travel as a couple for
$1200 each. I could do the same if I can find a
roommate. If I travel alone the cabin price is $2500
and if I wait for Princess to pair me with someone in
a room, the price increases to $2900! I really don't
understand that. If you are interested, please let me
know. My friends and I can't seem to find anyone that is interested in cruising for that long that I can room with.

Melanie Grant
Austin, TX
Old March 16th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Melanie Grant

Default Re: Re: SWPF/40 wants roommate/cruise

If interested in previous msg. please email me at magrant88@yahoo.com