Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Passenger

Default Olympics!! UK-Greece/July 31-HAL-Westerdam-Roommate wanted,.

Hi guys...

Recently found this 13 day cruise from London to Athens, via Rotterdam, Paris, Spain, Malta etc. Sails july 31, 2004, arrives in Athens the day b4 the Olympics opening ceremony.

The ship is HAL Westerdam and it is brand new.

I am an easy going, straight female in my thirties. I prefer a non smoker.

Please email if you are interested in possibly rooming together.

A.
Salsero!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2004, 12:40 PM
croozbabe

Default Re: Olympics!! UK-Greece/July 31-HAL-Westerdam-Roommate want

Does it stop at any of the Greek Islands? Which ones?
Old January 11th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Passenger

Sorry,... no Greek isle on this particular cruise... I was initially plannign to do one greek isle cruise and one med cruise this summer, but after finding this one which will put in in Athens on the eve of the Olympics, I tink that it is now my choice.

Here is the itinerary.....

1 Harwich (London), England --- 5:00 p.m.

2 Rotterdam, The Netherlands 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

3 Le Havre (Paris), France 8:00 a.m. 8:00 p.m.

4 At Sea --- ---

5 Vigo, Spain 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

6 Lisbon, Portugal 7:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

7 Cadiz (Seville), Spain 8:30 a.m. 6:30 p.m.

8 Malaga, Spain 6:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m.

9 At Sea --- ---

10 Cagliari, Sardinia 8:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

11 Palermo, Sicily 8:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

12 Valletta, Malta 8:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

13 At Sea --- ---

14 Piraeus (Athens), Greece 8:00 a.m. ---
Old January 15th, 2004, 06:48 AM
natrnut

Hi there
Sounds like a fantastic trip, and Ive been meaning to do HAL. I do several cruises a year, solo, and am looking to try something just a bit different, ie, share a cabin. What sort of category did you have in mind? With the clout of 2 it would seem a balcony would be within range? Im a conscientious straight guy, NS, early 40s, with friendship in mind or whatever. Thanks
R
Old January 15th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to frank_holland Send a message via Yahoo to frank_holland

Wow this is a really great looking cruise to me.
I would love to do this cruise, also because I really love the Olympics and it would be great to be there when they are heating up for the event.
Unfortunately I can't go there with you as I just made a cruise and I'm not in the financial position of making another one this year.

As I was born and still live in Rotterdam I might be able to meet you at the port and get you and your roommate around in my city, of course I won't charge you anything, because I think it's fun showing people from abroad what Rotterdam is all about.
So if you're interested in a free tour through Rotterdam, let's stay in touch about that.
You can tell me your interests and I can check out which are the best places for you to go and like I said, even go with you and your roommate if you want to.

Although Rotterdam is called the biggest port in the world, cruiseships won't come to Rotterdam very often.
It will be more and more in the future and I really like it, because in my opinion Rotterdam is much better then Amsterdam hehehe.

Caribbean Princess
Old January 20th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Greetings "Ms Orange"...(Anselm?)

I tried a coupla times to email you, but they didn't go through-- has anyone else reported such problems? Anyhow, I'll just post this here instead.
While I'd still prefer a cruise to the Greek isles, and so wouldn't be interested in the HAL itinerary, I hope you're having luck in finding travel partners. I think I've found someone who's up for the Dec 6 QM2 trip, but I wanted to give you a second crack at that one. I'm assuming it was too late to round anyone up for the Jan 31 departure. Cunard's already jacked up the price a bit on the one next December! But if I can assemble a little group of interested parties, rather than just one cabinmate, we might all be able to get a little more negotiating position on the price. Please let me know if you're still thinking about it, no matter which way the European trip turns out.
Happy Travels-- Jeff
Old January 20th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello again...PS, forgot to mention, the same day I heard from a woman on this board about the QM2 trip, I decided to sign up for a 3-month trial subscription ($35) to Travelchums, which I believe I'd heard mentioned on one of your threads. The site looks well-organized and well-run, and it produced a reply almost immediately, which I'm about to go check up on. You can view member profiles at no charge; the subscription fee allows you to reply & connect. If you like, I can keep you posted as to whether and how it works out-- Jeff