Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2004, 05:06 PM
charlesb

Default I am seeking a cabin mate on Royal Caribbean's Voyager of t

I am seeking a cabin mate on Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas sailing on October 22, 2004.
The 8-night Caribbean cruise is from New York to Miami on Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas.

The Voyager of the Seas is the original MEGA-ship with an ice skating rink, rock climbing wall, mini-golf course and even a shopping mall. This unique repositioning cruise sails from Cape Liberty, NJ (New York Harbor) to Labadee, Hispaniola and Aruba before arriving in Miami, Florida.

I would like to get an inside cabin which start at $599 pp, but I would consider sharing Atrium Cabin (overlooking the shopping promenade) from $639 pp, or Oceanview from $699 pp.

SAILING ITINERARY

Date Port Arrive Depart Activity

22-Oct Cape Liberty Cruise Port, Nj 4:30 PM Boarding

23-Oct At Sea

24-Oct At Sea

25-Oct Labadee, Hispaniola 7:00 AM 6:00 PM Tendered

26-Oct At Sea

27-Oct Oranjestad, Aruba 7:00 AM Docked

28-Oct Oranjestad, Aruba 1:00 AM Docked

29-Oct At Sea

30-Oct Miami, Florida

I have shared cabins with others – males - on three cruises with no problems. These were cruises when the cruise line set up the share-a-cabin deal.

As an aside I am also a cruise in 2005. This one will be in March out of Miami.

I've learned from past cruises if you're looking for a person willing to share a cabin it's best to be as clear as possible. I would share a cabin but prefer whoever I share a cabin with not invite other people to the quarters ( I don't want to end up sleeping on deck waiting for someone's "company" to leave). Also if there is a difference of opinion about something, that doesn’t mean someone is going to have to wander around the ship all night.

If you snore that's okay with me, so long as it doesn't sound like a fog horn. And, please have good personal hygiene.

Very easy to get along with. I don't smoke. I also like to go to shows for fun, laughter, and dancing.

It may not be politically correct but I wouldn't want to share a cabin with any religious fanatics, I don't care what your faith is I don't want to hear about it! I don't smoke or drink, but I still enjoy the night spots onboard.
I'm not a night owl.

Never bring a "companion" to cabin since that would be sleazy. More about me: single, not gay, neat, love to laugh, meet new people. Spend most of time outside cabin in sauna, swimming and sun, enjoy exploring destination stops.

I know how to give others their space and freedom when to compromise on decisions.

Actually, I'm fairly easy to get along with but I wanted to be as honest as possible. If you're interested in sharing this cruise, get in touch because commitment must be made as soon as possible..

A couple of issues that you might want to think about is the way to handle two items.
1. Payment for the trip. It seems to me that the reservation could be made in both names and each of us could send in our share of the cabin cost directly to the vendor – to ship company or an agency.
2. Possibility that for some reason there would have to be a cancellation by one person or the other for some reason. Since this could be a serious financial issue. I would like to have your thoughts about it.
Sponsored Links