Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Default Re: SWF - Will trade companionship for expense paid cruise.

I have deleted some posts that were personal attacks on Kim and are not allowed on the boards according to our TOS. Understand that Kim has stated that sex is NOT included and if you think so then forget it. I worry about her safety but she is a big girl and it is her responsibility. To accuse her of immoral behaviour is wrong. I am by no means stupid or sheltered but we do not know if there is anything immoral going on and all statements by her have stated that there is nothing immoral or illegal going on so who are we to question her. I wish her well. I for one know that I would rather share a cabin with a female than a male and know I can respect my cabinmate. I just would not pay for her passage.
Jim

PS Oh, and my wife would have to agree which is doubtful. <G>

Old September 13th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Shirley Barber

Kim, you are a lady after my own heart. Yes you will be giving others power if you stop posting. My thought on the negativity of others is that there is a certain amount of jealousy that they don't have the courage to do what you have done. I have just turned 57 years old Sept. 10th and keep in great shape so look a lot younger . You have put wind in my sails.....I might even advertise for a younger man..along the same lines...........HAH

If I do, I will be sure to tell you.

Keep on cruising and keep having fun. no matter what!!!!

Shirley
Old September 13th, 2004, 11:55 PM
wolfie

Geez people (kim & shirley) get a life! Get a job and quit asking for handouts! People would have alot more respect for you gals also! Kim, I noticed you weren't looking for a woman to pay your way! So much for your "no sex from me" theory!
Old September 14th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Kim A

Ok...Ok..I just had to respond one more time. I know I have my critics. Yes... I have had many offers. I have now enjoyed 2 cruises .... with only a few bumps in the road. A yes, these gentlemen I have accompanied were in there 50's while I am in my 30's. (Truth is I have not had any offers form any ladies to pay my expenses as some posters inquired) I don't believe either of us were disappointed with our choices and have both had a great time. Ladies, I highly recommend it! Just go into it with your eyes wide open. Make sure your both clear on your expectations prior to departure. And yes, have an exit plan in mind should your trip not turn out the way you expected.

I have been very clear about my expectations with my travel mates. I set up my own on-board account. I pay my own way for my personal onboard expenses unless my companion insists on paying for our drinks.

The bottom line is, I'm a fun traveling companion. A few people made reference to married men...I don't know and really couldn't care less as long we are up front with each other.

For those with words of support...thank you.
Old September 15th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Shirley Barber

Default Re: Re: SWF - Will trade companionship for expense paid crui

Kim, it's interesting how people interpret situations...I guess it just reflects their own personalities...I never would have considered exchanging friendship, companionship and just sheer living for the moment as a "handout" I guess it takes all kinds.

At any rate, I think you should write a book if you decide to take a few more cruises like this (and why not)...it might be a good book on "tips" of what to do and what not to do in situations like these.

Good luck and happy cruising

Shirley
Old September 16th, 2004, 12:17 PM
mike112

Hello,

I am 39 year white male, 6ft2 200lbs and (some say) good looking -

I saw your ad and I would happ y to exchange bios and photos and see what happens...

Cheers, Mike
Old September 16th, 2004, 05:28 PM
AG

Jim, just curious --but why would you rather share a cabin with a stranger, a female, rather than a male? Why is that? Wouldnt it be awkward sharing with a strange female? Arent there complications to that arrangement? and I agree---why should this woman expect a man to pay her way? What is that all about?
Old September 17th, 2004, 12:37 AM
ibowman

Hi all, This is my first post and am looking at taking my 1st cruise in Sep 05 or that is my plans. I just had to put my 2 cents in on this topic. I see lots of pros and cons to this. What a neet way to meet people, and if your single you could have someone to have dinner with, go to beach with, go dancing with etc. However as a father no matter if it were my son or daughters I'd have fears. For a lady doing this what if you get a stalker, while your not watching he looks in your purse and gets your home address, he already knows your single. For a man apparently you got money do be doing this you go in for a shower and this stranger gets your credit card numbers etc. 3 months later surprise surprise. Too it would be my luck I am told attractive female 35 years old get a photo e-mailed to me of a nice looking lady. We then meet on ship to find out this lady would be toothless covered in tatoos & 600 pounds. It just sounds too risky for me and I'd pray my kids when they get old enough would not go this route, I'd be scared for them. OK I'll shut up.
Old September 17th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Beginner

Kim -

See my ad (Scubamoose) I posted shortly after you posted yours...we may have common interests - I have a cruise for two paid for, but my sig. other bailed on me without notice -

I'd swap pictures and interests if you'd like -

Will
Colorado
Old September 23rd, 2004, 03:53 PM
MJA

I am thinking about a cruise and would enjoy some friendly company. Tell me about yourself and what you are interested in a cruise..
Old September 24th, 2004, 12:35 PM
First Mate

Kim, You go girl, I would do the exact same thing if I had the time to go...
Old September 30th, 2004, 02:43 AM
ch

it only got "be carfull" after everyone else got shot down, what the ???
Old October 11th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Jimmikinz

Possibly.

Hello! Lets go on that tropical Cruise! DWM, Professional, safe, sane, lots of fun and well rounded seeks companion for Caribbean 5-Nights out of Tampa to Cayman and Cozumel beginning Sat., Dec. 10th at 4PM. Booked early for great value, but broke up with girlfriend! Upgraded stateroom, great price! Great itinerary on a fun Carnival Cruise Ship! I can help with Tampa stay arrangements if needed. Smoking OK, but no need to smoke in room if preferred. Great value and lots of fun await. Please e-mail ASAP for details! Jimmikinz2002@yahoo.com Thanks- Jim

Old October 11th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Passenger

I would be very interested in your proposal. I am looking to take an NCL cruise from Miami to Cozumel and Grand Caymans. Departs on Sunday, 11/14 and returns on Friday, 11/19. Since I am traveling from Atlanta, I will be flying in the day before (13th) and am planning on staying in Miami the night we get back as well (19th).
Drop me a line if interested and let's talk.
Have a great day,
Guy
Old October 18th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Carey Wheeler

send me a picture
Old October 21st, 2004, 06:09 PM
Passenger

Kim,

Sorry for all the negatives they have posted...but who cares!!!

Anyway's I am a 36 year old straight white male, & corporate pilot who just loves to cruise....

Im not lookin for anything but good friends, & good fun..if you are still cruising email me at woodsrhome6@yahoo.com...no expectations, & no strings attached.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 10:05 AM
taylor gabel

hi there
did you find a companion to cruise with? I would love to go with you as the timing is great and i need to get away.I am 5'6" and weigh 150 lbs.How old are you and when is your birthday
Nancy
Old October 22nd, 2004, 01:59 PM
Cliff Benoit

Hi Kim. My name is Cliff Benoit and I was looking to book a cruise in November. Having never been on a cruise vacation, I just became aware that most are booked on the basis of double occupancy. Please forward your photo and we will discuss this further. This is a serious reply/inquiry. Thanks, Cliff
Old October 24th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Special Friend USA

Hi all,
I just stumbled on thisa site and WOW what a great post.

I am a 39yo MWM (Tall, dark and handsome) and I am looking for a Kim! Any interested ladies please say hello at specialfriendusa at yahoo.

Thanks Kim
Old December 25th, 2004, 09:02 PM
infantryman

hi 30 y/o w/m overseas in the army will be going on my first cruise in may or april 05 do not really want to go by myself might be interested in paying for the right person for companionship write me back and we can discuss it further
Old January 14th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to anewman05 Send a message via Yahoo to anewman05

Would love to see a picture. I will send you mine as well.

Mark
Old January 24th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Rigo

Hi Kim, just browing through these ads and I'm very interested in traveling I'm a 1st timer and pretty much open to go anywhere any suggestions? I'm a 31yr old Hispanic male.

Can you email me your picture?

Rigo,
Old January 28th, 2005, 04:53 AM
jack b (nimble)

Hello Kim ,
How did your cruise go . Let me know if you want to cruise again. western carribean , new orleans . feb -apr 2005. Jack
Old January 28th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to asongulove

wow...so much desperation...so little class...
Old March 12th, 2005, 04:25 AM

Kim, are you saying that a man who is a complete stranger sent you an airline ticket to get to the cruise and paid for your cruise and there is no sex involved.

If this if for real Id also be interested. Though it sounds too good to be true.

And the men out there why would you pay to take a stranger on a cruise. What if you paid for and sent her an airline ticket and she never showed up but instead cashed in the ticket.
Old March 13th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Passenger

i have extra bedrooms in my home in silicon valley

free rent for ??
Old March 13th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Passenger

okay okay

tight on dollars free place to stay for nice and nice looking female who
likes companionship then you can pay you half when we cruise together
Old March 13th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Passenger

hey we all pay to get some one way or the other
Old March 15th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Danny

Hi Kim,
I'm recently divorce man and looking to go on the cruise. I'm willing to pay your expenses to the cruise. I'm in need of vacation just trying to get away from the city for a while. Beside you could teach me on how to be single again. If you interested let me know and we could arrange something.

Danny
Old March 29th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Amazed!!!

This was a VERY INTERESTING READ!! All I can say : to each their own style and way of surviving in the cruise world.. What should you care? If that is what Kim wants to do, who are you to judge? God? I don't think he cares and neither do I...