Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Beginner

Default Re: SWF - Will trade companionship for expense paid cruise.

Old April 14th, 2005, 08:31 PM
jp#1

Hey Kim !
I also love to cruise and the last one i went on by myself wasn't enjoyable.
i would consider your offer provided the dates are acceptable.
when do you cruise and were would you want to go on your next cruise?
I can also forward a photo.
jimmy
Old April 15th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Passenger

cut me off from your site
i dont care

deleting my post **personal attack deleted**
Old April 18th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Iceman

Kim get a JOB
Old April 23rd, 2005, 12:56 PM
Maddy

I find these posts so amusing lol ---
Old April 27th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Passenger

Hi Kim,

At first I wanted to say............get a life ........ after reading all of these posts, especially the negative ones I now want to say.................YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!! People who criticize are jealous, I learned that a long time ago..........Good luck to you......God bless and stay safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elle
Old May 16th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Beginner

Kim
I absolutely adore your orginality, courage, and zest. If you can do it more power to you. Go get em girl.
Old May 22nd, 2005, 07:03 PM
FunTyme

Hello Kim,

I read your ad and I maybe interested in traveling with you on a cruise if you are still interested.

Send me a pic and lets talk more

Mark from Louisiana.
Old May 24th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Re: SWF - Will trade companionship for expense paid crui

I will tell you that as a formerly long-time single person who is just recently married (I am 51, and I have now been happily married for just 7 months), I really do not see anything ethically wrong with what Kim is doing.

There are dangers, of course, such as ID theft and/or stalking, but in my opinion those things would be more likely to happen in a work or neighborhood situation than in this situation.

The biggest danger here for both would be to find out the traveling companion is just not your type at all, and you would have a horrible time. The man would feel cheated, and Kim would feel bad (and possibly somewhat 'used') for having to go through with her promise to be a fun and cordial companion.

I dated a fair amount online, and to me this is the same thing, just a much longer and more expensive date. I would say maybe 1/2 of my dates were interesting to really fun with a fair amount of potential, and 1/2 were just "not a love connection" kind of situation.

In any case, if at all possible, before one does this I would talk on the phone to the person for hours first, learn about their morals and politics (sex & religion), and make sure their expectations are in the right place.

I believe most men would be able to accept this situation and pay even if it did not work out, without expectations. But there are going to be some who will say they don't expect anything, and mean it, but they are going to get a heart-break anyway if it does not work out - simply because their own self-esteem gets dashed if Kim doesn't fall for them as they hoped she would. Tough spot for Kim to be in for a week.

So, the question is whether Kim is being honest about the "great companion" part. Is Kim willing to truly be a roommate/companion to this person for dinner every night, etc.?

So, I am not making any judgements on Kim I would make on anyone who does online dating, a LOT of people match up that way these days. I am just saying that the situation could be a lot of fun for both people - it certainly beats cruising alone, and if you like each other even as friends then as a (formerly) single person I think it is potentially a great idea.

But it may not be that pleasant for either if it is not a compatible situation, and that is the danger. I just foresee a lot of uncomfortable situations and possibly some hard feelings by the man if he finds himself on a cruise with someone who said they are a great companion, but in reality barely speaks to him. He would probably be thinking he wished he had come on board alone. The chances of meeting someone else on board, after you tell them you have a freeloader sailing in your cabin with you, are not good.

If I were asked what i thought about this, as someone who has done enough computer dating to know that 99% of the people you meet are honest and not thieves or psychos, and that about 1/3 the people you meet are actually close enough to you to be decent companions for a week, I would say "if at all possible, meet the person in person first" - you can tell more in 1/2 hour of watching a person's facial expressions than you can in hours and hours of phone calls and email.

And do not go with someone if you truly do not feel you could at least get along with this person as a friend. That would not be fair to the man. And if you do not find them at all attractive and you get the feeling they may be desparate to meet someone for a love connection - do not lead them on. You are just going to break a heart.

However, if the man is mature enough to understand this is about friendship, companionship, and spending time with an attractive woman and both are OK with that - go girl. No harm done.

Old May 25th, 2005, 04:20 PM
mikeyc

Booked on Zuiderdam 6/18
Old May 30th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Sam F.

I'm thinking of cruising sometime this year but haven't decided the cruise yet. If interested email me at smjof@yahoo.
Sam

Old June 11th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Beginner

Kim--have you explored requesting they comp you a separate cabin. If they can afford a suite, they can spring for another cabin. I cannot imagine being stuck in close quarters for a week with someone substantially older whom I do not know. What if they stink? 300 square feet and no sex is immediate intimacy with or without sex. How come no trip reports? I am somewhat suspicious of this whole thread although I do not criticize the concept and think it is hilarious that someone calling himself "whiteknight" would accept an offer from a woman to pay for his trip but not consider paying for hers. Chivalry is truly ......
Old June 11th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Whiteknight

Chivalry? That is funny! I sure wouldn't have a problem paying the way for a nice looking woman. But I've never paid a woman $1000 to listen to her talk or to dance with or to go to dinner with or anything else that's free in this world and I don't plan on beginning now. Come on, get real! You show me someone who'll pay big bucks for that and I'll show you someone who's in denial or has a hidden agenda or may be your worst nightmare. Yeah, I'll accept the offer from a nice looking woman, but we're going to have a good time. So if you don't enjoy your own sexuality, don't make the offer.
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Kim A

Alright....been lurking for awhile now. I have to say I have had a good chuckle with the controversay my post caused. I guess I didn't have a thick enough skin and disappeared rather then defending my decision. Reading them today and the copy cat posts have given me pause to reflect on my choices. Well since my original post almost a year ago I have managed to squeeze in 5 trips. AND I'm happy to announce that I am ENGAGED to the most loving man I met on one of my trips. My dreams came true. Thank you Cruisemates.....Good luck Girl and Guys in finding your sole mate....

Kim
Old July 6th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Passenger

Very happy for you, Kim. Glad everything worked out so well. Best wishes for a super forever after.

Regal Princess 4/03
Norwegian Star 11/03
Norwegian Wind 4/04
Dawn Princess 5/04
Norwegian Wind 9/04
Carnival Spirit 11/04
Norwegian Wind 3/05
Holland America Ryndam 5/05(2, back 2 back)
Carnival Liberty 9/05
NCL America, Pride of America 12/05
Norwegian Wind 4/06
Carnival Liberty 11/06
Old July 7th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Lena?ottawa

Congratulations Kim. You worked hard, you deserve it. There is an old saying that determination minus ....................... leads to success

Cheers
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Passenger

Hi there...I actually was just searching for a good cruise and was reading to do it alone, but then found this message board....Im 35 very active, a social drinker, and into adventure, & water activities too....Im from Arizona but In Central Florida for a few weeks, & Im ready for a quick vacation....Lemme know what you think!!