Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2004, 01:58 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to LINDEE
Default Christmas or New Years Cruise?

I know it's early, but I've been thinking about my next vacation (counting the weeks actually), which will be in December. I'd love to go on a cruise, not even sure where. I'm 51, active and easygoing. I'd consider a male cabin mate, but only if we could meet first. I live in Southern California. Anyone interested?
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Christmas or New Years Cruise?

Hi, Lin. I think we communicated earlier, about an Alaska cruise. I found a cabin mate and did the cruise in July (my 1st). Loved it so much, I (and same cabin mate!) booked a cruise to the Panama Canal on the Celebrity Galaxy, leaving 12/30. (Skyauction.com has a good deal on it, for those w/one passenger over 55.)

I hope you find a cruise mate, and please keep the Galaxy one in mind. It would be fun to get more singles on board.

Nicole
Old August 6th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello, Lin...I may-- or may not!-- have found a replacement roomie for my planned two-week Queen Mary cruise, (leaving New York on Dec 6-- see details a few postings below yours) so I'm hedging my bets by asking other posters whose timing seems to coincide with mine if maybe they'd be interested. If so, please let me know-- Jeff
Old August 6th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Christmas or New Years Cruise?

Jeph, It sounds great, but I really can't go until the last two weeks through the first week of January.

Nicole, I'm glad you had a good time. I so jealous. I was not able to travel at that time because of strange changes at work. I really hope to do an Alaska cruise next summer.
Old August 7th, 2004, 12:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Lin-- thanks for your prompt reply. Sorry to hear that your schedule won't permit you to consider joining me on QM2, but I hope you do take the Alaska trip. I was on the Norwegian Sky (now sailing the Hawaiian isles as Pride of Aloha) in May 2003, and the scenery was as spectacular as I'd been led to expect. From personal experience, I'd recommend an itinerary that features Tracy Arm/Sawyer Glacier. (It's a fjord-- so I'm sure the Norwegians felt right at home!) And as long as you're "in the neighborhood", try to see Victoria and Butchart Gardens-- another spot that will give your camera a workout.

Best wishes for smooth sailing-- jeph
Old August 8th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Passenger

I will cruiseing in Dec. to Mex for 8 days. I'm in Hawthorne. Mario
Old August 16th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Passenger

Hi LinDee,

I am also 51 and live in Southern California. I just got back from the August 6 cruise to Alaska on Celebrity Mercury. It was my first cruise.

I have been thinking about a December cruise. What dates and destinations are you thinking of?

Linda
Old August 17th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Beginner

Hello! There are some great deals for that time period . . . I've seen a $599 deal for 10 days (after $100 shipboard credit and $100 cash back per person) in the Eastern
Carribean on Sun Princess (from 12/12 - 12/22). You have to move fast for that one, but there are other great deals to be had. I'm a 45 year-old woman, also from SoCal looking to cruise at about the same time.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 07:16 PM
Passenger

Hi Linda & Kerry,
Wow, this is great. We should get together and plan a trip for the holidays. Please e-mail me.