Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Passenger

Default Seeking Cruise Companion

Female, 45, non-smoker, social drinker, seeks conscientious and respectful balcony cabin mate to defer the dreaded single supplement. Not looking for a full time companion - I am very independent - but if we enjoy some of the same things, that's even nicer.

Well-educated, independent traveler who enjoys sightseeing, shopping, sampling local cuisine, and history. To me, half the fun of traveling is learning as much as I can about a new destination, and I will rarely take a cruise sponsored excursion, preferring to research and plan an independent tour for myself (and anyone who wants to come along) for an off the beaten path adventure. On board, I'm a (quiet) early riser, and most sea days you'll find me in the outdoor Jacuzzi or somewhere on deck taking in the salty ocean air.

I'm a late diner (you don't have to be!), love to dress up and enjoy a cocktail (or two!), and a few dances. Also enjoy trivia contests, comedy and talent shows, and good music. However, many evenings you'll find me on a quiet deck or the balcony, taking a late night swim, reading, or enjoying an evening cocktail and good conversation.

Probably my worst quirk as a roommate is that I really love to fall asleep to the sound of the waves lapping against the ship, and so I prefer to leave the balcony door open at night. I've been known to fall asleep out there as well! Other than that, I am quiet, considerate and easy going. Don't mind at all if you smoke, if you are okay with smoking on the balcony or outside the room.

Right now, I am hoping to go to the Greek Isles / Mediterranean next May - perhaps the Grand Princess May 2 (Rome / Naples / Santorini / Rhodes / Kusadasi / Mykonos / Olympia / Corfu /Dubrovnik / Venice). Also, would love to take a Caribbean or South American cruise in early January.

Even if your travel plans don't include these particular itineraries, I would still love to hear from you. I don't plan on becoming a landlubber any time soon and I am always looking for cruise buddies. Thanks!

Post Edited (08-22-04 15:43)
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Seeking Cruise Companion

Are you looking for a male or female companion?
Old August 19th, 2004, 08:07 PM
jeanaa

Default Re: Re: Seeking Cruise Companion

I am flexible - but would probably prefer a female cabinmate.
Old August 20th, 2004, 10:41 AM
croozbabe

Default Re: Re: Re: Seeking Cruise Companion

Hi,

Your message caught my eye because I also would like to take a cruise next year to the Med and the Greek Isles. It sounds like we have some common interests in that I also prefer balcony cabins, I'm a female, 52 years old, non-smoker, enjoy shopping and some sightseeing, love getting glammed up on formal nights, playing trivia, maybe karaoke :-), and going to the shows after dinner. I'm rather quiet, a considerate roommate, and find great pleasure sitting on the Promenade deck with a good book.

I have been looking at a cruise next June on the Brilliance of the Seas roundtrip from Barcelona which stops at Nice, Florence, Rome, Naples, Mykonos, and Santorini. But the one you mentioned on the Grand Princess also sounds nice. I really need to find someone to share a cabin so if you think this might work, let me know. If you want to know more about me, you can go to www.travelchums.com/croozbabe.

Thanks.

Debbie
Old August 20th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi there babybear...it sounds like we have quite a few travel preferences in common. If you could put up with an inside, for economy's sake, could I possibly interest you in joining me aboard Queen Mary in December? You'll find plenty of details in my post down at the bottom of the page. (By the way, even if you don't want to do this Caribbean trip, your Mediterranean itinerary sounds great-- I might be up for that one as well!)

Best Wishes for Smooth Sailing-- jeph
Old August 21st, 2004, 03:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Seeking Cruise Companion

Hi Jeph,

Thanks for your message. Your December cruise sounds very nice, but unfortunately, I just can't get away before the end of this year. I have to say, the balcony is really important to me. I spend a great deal of time on it, taking photos (all hours of day and evening!), and I actually have fallen asleep there a few nights.

Thanks again for your offer. Hope you find a cabinmate. I have heard great things about the Queen Mary. It should be a lovely cruise.!

Regards,
Babybear
Old August 21st, 2004, 04:23 PM
Passenger

Hi Debbie,

Saw your profile on TravelChums. I have to say, I love Princess - while the cruise line 's pricing policy is not particularly sensitive to single travelers, I have always met wonderful people and other solo travelers. My favorite memories are the champagne toasts with new friends at sailaway. If departing Italy, wonderful Italian music is playing. If in France it's Edith Piaf.. It's so lovely there...not to mention the ship's aft outdoorJacuzzis at sunset...

I realize the Royal Caribbean cruise you are interested in has a few more ports in the Mediterranean. That may be more important to you. However, if you think you might find the Princess cruise intriguing, please write to me directly at my email address.

Thanks.
Old August 24th, 2004, 08:43 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Seeking Cruise Companion

Debbie,

I am going on the Brilliance of the Seas next June, and am interested in finding someone to share. You can contact me at patksac@cwnet.com and we can talk.

Pat
Old August 25th, 2004, 02:08 AM
John's Mom

Hi BB,
Would you be interested in a cruise to Mexico on Jan. 9,05 for 1 week on Royal Carribean? The ship docks @ Puerto Vallerta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. Just had my work buddy back out and I need a cabin mate and you sound great. We would be traveling with my best friend and her boyfriend (both professionals and fun loving people) who are also getting a balcony cabin. The cost seems to be around $1025. I am 47, happily married (but he won't cruise) am a professional, a non-smoker and a social drinker. I also enjoy finding out as much as possible about the area I'll be visiting. My girlfriend has done quite a lot of travel in Mexico but her guy hasn't. Neither he nor I have ever been on a cruise before and she wanted us to experience it. Hablo poquito espanol (I speak a little Spanish). You sound like you would be a great cabin companion, especially the trivia part and late night swims. I'd appreciate if you'd get back to me via the reply board within the week or I'll have to let the T.A. cancel the room. Thanks.
Old November 27th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Passenger

Babybear:

I realize your message is not new. Would you be interseted in a Panama Canal cruise? Please see my message dated 11/4/04 under the name Matthew. If interested please reply to younzershogfarm@comcast.net.

Matt