Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Beginner

Default In search of a cruise companion, end of Sept/Beg. Oct. Open

Well, this is my first post. Since my friends have backed out of our travel plans, I am in search of a cruise companion. I am extremely flexible with my travel plans...I work 80hrs a week so I need to see a beach and a blue ocean. I've never cruised alone...but what the h*ll!

I am looking to cruise at the End of September or beginning of October. Anywhere from 5-9 days is good I prefer to leave from Miami (love Miami!) but other options would be California, New York or San Juan. I am open to any suggestions.

I am seeking a female or male cabin mate between the age of 25-40. I don't mind if you smoke or drink, just be respectful and responsible with it. It is no problem if you are independent and do your own thing...as I will be doing my own thing a lot of the time, but it would be good to have someone cool to hang out with. I don't care about race, nationality or religion...just having fun! Late dinner seating is a plus.

ABOUT ME:
I am a Straight SWM, 32 years of age. I am 6'3" 240lbs...and I am comfortable telling you I am not ugly:-) I admit to being a touch shy, but that only lasts for about 5 minutes. I am a non-drinker and a non-smoker...except for an occasional cigar. But as stated before, I don't mind if my cabin mate smokes or drinks. I am very respectful of other peoples space and privacy (so I know what to do if I get to the cabin and the 'Do Not Disturb' sign is on the door:-) I get up early sometimes...but I am usually a night owl.

I want to share my typical day at sea just so there are no surprises:

-Wake up whenever, go to the gym for a bit
-Lunch on the deck
-swimming and onboard activities, see what madness I can get myself into
-Get ready and go to late seating dinner
-(Insert possible nap here)
-Catch a show, (maybe a midnight buffet) then go to a bar or the disco and shut it down
-Pizza bar and mingle 'til about 4 or 5am

When in port I like to take a shore tour and get the most out of the time off the boat.

If you have any questions please ask them here. I would like to have something concrete by 9/2/04 (soory for the short notice.) I can get pretty good deals on any cruise, but I am open to suggestions if you can get a better deal.

David
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2004, 10:08 AM
ILuvCruisin

Default Re: In search of a cruise companion, end of Sept/Beg. Oct.

Dave:
Interested in Galaxy oct 18? If so can send further details about myself.
Old August 31st, 2004, 04:19 PM
Beginner

ILuvCruisin, that sounds like a good cruise and ship, but unfortunately I have been to all of the destinations that it goes to...trying to go a different route this time.

Are you already booked?

Dave
Old September 1st, 2004, 09:25 AM
ILuvCrusin

yes I'm already booked.
Old September 1st, 2004, 10:41 AM
Beginner

Well, since I know better that to 'never say never' what would the price (with port taxes) be? At this point are you traveling solo or do you have other cabin mates already? What type of room do you have?

Thanks!

Dave
Old September 2nd, 2004, 08:25 AM
ILuvCrusin

Dave:

I do not have a cabin mate yet. There are others going that I know. I just found out that the price for cruise, port and taxes is $250.00. that's right $250.00. Send me and eamil at kytcurry@aol.com and I will tell you why. I was paying over $1,000 until today. at $500 I really don't need a cabin mate but I'm willing to share my good fortune if you are interested.

The ship sails from Baltimore. I'm in Largo, Maryland. so I'm only about 30 minutes away from the port. One way air from San Juan is about $175 at last check. I have an oceanview cabin on Deck 9. I'm going to call back later to see if any balconies open up.

You still saying never....
Old September 2nd, 2004, 08:52 AM
Beginner

It's good I never say never...all my other options seem to enjoy falling apart in front of me! That really sounds like too good of a deal to pass up. Airfare has been cheap from San Juan. Plus I have never been to the East Coast so it would be a good chance to check out a couple of things.

Oh yeah...that price sure isn't hurting things:-) I would be willing to pay extra if you get a good deal on a balcony.

I will email you soon...

Dave