Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Holiday Cruise Anyone?

I'm hoping to take a cruise during the holiday season. I'd like to be out of town during Christmas and/or New Years. I was looking at a cruise that leaves from San Juan and goes to a different port each day, but I'm open to other options during that time of year. I'm a female in my early 50's from the southern California area. I love to dance, go sightseeing, and try whatever comes up. Anyone interested?
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Holiday Cruise Anyone?

u should try to go out or miami or ft laud gonna cost u alot to fly out of san juan, plus san juan is a hole i was there
Old September 13th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Passenger

Lyn:
San Juan is what you make it. I have been there twice and loved it both times.
Once, the boat docked and I just walked until I found a boat big enough that would take me across the bay for dinner and a beer. It was beautiful. The fish was delicious. The beer was cold. The air was fresh.
On the return trip, the moon was full. I was by myself, but it was nice anyway.
dan
Old September 14th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Passenger

Yes I would be interested. I Live in Arizona and would like to cruise around Christmas time. I am 53, attractive, in good shape and have a great sense of humor. I was wondering if you would be interested in a Mexican Riviera cruise or even an Hawaiian cruise. Let me know your feelings. dup1963@aol.com.
Old September 14th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Holiday Cruise Anyone?

I was thinking about the cruise out of San Juan because it stops in many ports, not because I want to see Puerto Rico. It just gets you closer to the southern Caribbean. But thanks for the tip.

Marcus, I've been to the "Mexican Riviera" and wouldn't want to do the same exact cruise again. I wouldn't want to do the Hawaii cruise because I think the waters are always choppy and I'm sure I'd get sea sick. I guess I didn't indicate it in my message, but I don't think I could share a cabin with a male unless I got to know him first. I think it would be okay to go on the same cruise and not share a cabin, but then there's that single supplement to deal with, which is high on most cruise ships. Oh, it's difficult being single in this world, isn't it?
Old September 15th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Passenger

Lyn:
Besides San Juan, if you get a chance, you must see Megan's Bay from a hilltop on St John's in the US VI. It will remind you of the most beautiful postcard you have ever seen and you will remember it for the rest of your life. I think one of the Rockerfeller's owned property nearby.
And, if you sail at all around the islands, I mean really go sailing, now that is enough to stir your blood. Sailing by moonlight, if chance permits, refreshed by the salt air are never-to-be-forgotten memories.
Don't let the company be a barrier to a great trip. Make it what you want and do not sweat the small stuff.
Marcus sounds like as good a prospect as any you might find. Just start an email dialog and see where it goes.
dan
Old September 22nd, 2004, 09:16 AM
Passenger

I am travelling on the Volendam out of Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 26th for 10 days. In my late 50s.
Old September 24th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

That looks like a really good cruise. It's in the right time frame for me. Can you give me more information. Are you looking to share a cabin or just go on a cruise and meet other singles? I'm sort of up for either option, although it could get expensive having a single cabin. Have you found a good fare for that cruise? Anyway, e-mail me.
Old September 27th, 2004, 05:13 PM
First Mate

Hi,

I live in Las Vegas and like to drive down to California and get on a ship. Any ship; they're all good ---just some are better. We could save the single differential and have some companionship. No pressure for extras, just see how it goes.

I'm over 60, but otherwise OK. (Hope you see the humor in this.) 5'9", 165 pounds. People I bribe say I'm not too bad looking. Like to dance and go to the shows. Shore excursions are OK also, although I've seen most of what I want to see in the towns up and down the coast.

I'm platinum level on RCL. Been on several others also.

Interested?? If you're ever in Vegas, I'll take you to dinner.

Chuck
Old September 28th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Chuck, If we could correspond first and maybe get together at some point, I'd consider taking a cruise together. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I can't see myself sharing a cabin with a complete male stranger. A complete male....yes, a stranger.....no. The dancing part sounds especially interesting. That's my favorite activity in the world. If you're ever in Southern Calfornia, I'll take you out for a dance or two (I guess I'm not that old fashioned, after all).
Lyn
Old October 4th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Passenger

Hi Lyn,
Called Holland America directly and mentioned that I wanted to share. They upgraded me to a larger toom. Have been to most of the islands but would like to visit San Juan too as it is the only island I have not vacationed on. Let me know if you are interested and I will give you more information.

Would not want to share a room with man I didn't know for 10 days.
Old October 4th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Kathleen Roseboom

How about China....Dec 19 for 16 days...return either the 2 or 3 of January???
Old October 4th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Kathleen, Please tell me more about the China trip. Those are really good dates.
Old October 6th, 2004, 11:44 PM
First Mate

Hi Lyn,

I don't know how this works. How do I give you my eMail or phone without giving it to all the world? Do you know the process?

Chuck in Vegas (But with grown children in So. California.)
Old October 8th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Chuck, Just e-mail me. It's listed, but in case you don't see it, it's LynDHopper@aol.com. I don't give out my phone or address so easily, but I'm not too worried about who has my e-mail address.
Old October 11th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Jimmikinz

Hello! Lets go on that tropical Cruise! DWM, Professional, safe, sane, lots of fun and well rounded seeks companion for Caribbean 5-Nights out of Tampa to Cayman and Cozumel beginning Sat., Dec. 10th at 4PM. Booked early for great value, but broke up with girlfriend! Upgraded stateroom, great price! Great itinerary on a fun Carnival Cruise Ship! I can help with Tampa stay arrangements if needed. Smoking OK, but no need to smoke in room if preferred. Great value and lots of fun await. Please e-mail ASAP for details! Jimmikinz2002@yahoo.com Thanks- Jim

Old October 20th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Passenger

Lyn,

I was looking at a cruise on the Diamond Princess leaving from Los Angeles on December 28 and returning on January 8, sailing the Mexican Riveria. I'm 52 and a single female. Would you be interested? It would be nice to have a "buddy" to share a trip, but don't mind doing things on my own either. I'm trying to avoid the single supplement.

Let me know.

"Zia"
Old October 20th, 2004, 06:54 PM
LynD

Hi Zia,
I was just looking at your post. Have you already booked that cruise? It sounds good, but I really want to be away for more of the holidays, like from 12/26 or even earlier. Do you live in Los Angeles or are you planning on flying there? We have a lot in common as far as age and occupation. We should stay in touch.
Lyn
Old October 24th, 2004, 09:56 AM
AA

Hi all:

I am interested in possibly doing one of the following cruises, and I am looking either for a potential roommate, or alternatives, for any other singles on those sailings who may enjoy getting together for shore excusions etc.

If any of them interest you, please send an email. Here they are:

-NY-NY - 11 days!!! $915. Visiting several islands eg. St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Dominica, Barbados November 28. (Other dates are available on that one)
- NCL from Ft laud to Chile, Dec 4. 999$ pp Inside cabin- 14 days
- Princess - Cape Town to Chile Dec 17. 1499 pp Obstructed outside cabin. 24 days

If I were to do one of the last two, I would like to visit Macchu Picchu and maybe La Paz after the cruise.

Please email if you are interested.

AA.
Old October 25th, 2004, 02:00 AM
LynD

Wow, you seem to have so much time off. I and 2 other women on these boards are in the process of planning a cruise on the Carnival Spirit from 12/27 for 8 days. It leaves from San Diego and goes all the way down to Acapulco. If you or any other singles are interested, it would be fun to meet aboard the ship. With all the families travelling over the holidays, it would be great to have a nice group of singles.
Old November 22nd, 2004, 12:36 PM
Helmut

Hi..
perhaps I am interested...
also looking to go away..
I am a man , very tall and attractive.
my contact is
yvrbc@shaw.ca I live in Western Canada..
have a great day
Helmut
Old November 23rd, 2004, 07:27 AM
Passenger

Hi Eliz
I am also looking at a Holiday cruise right now. the 10 day cruise on the volendam sounds great. This was the ship I went to Alaska with last summer.
If you do not have a travel partner in the next couple of weeks and/or are still interested in a partner for the next cruise ... I am a retired female in mid 50's ...young in mind and spirit... active and fun loving... well travelled ... but just started the cruising this year.
Would like to share cabing with female ... I am also independent and do not mind doing things alone or with others.
Edith
Old November 29th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Passenger

Have you found a cruise mate yet? I might be interested in a South American cruise. I'm an aventurous, active lady in her early sixties.
Old November 29th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Passenger

Have you found a cruise mate yet? I might be interested in a South American cruise. I'm an adventurous, active lady in her early sixties.
Old December 9th, 2004, 12:10 AM
valarina

Hi
anyone want to cruise from Tampa bay for Xmas I am single 52 year young female looking for a fun sane but happy cabin mate non smoker in room a must they are several options 5 days to 8 days mexico from Tampa holland america or carnival new boat from 711. to around 919 leaving either 12 /20 or 12 /21 from tampa
Valarina