CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   looking for a cabin mate for Carnival Spirit Dec 27 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/284019-looking-cabin-mate-carnival-spirit-dec-27-a.html)

TammieF September 27th, 2004 10:32 PM

looking for a cabin mate for Carnival Spirit Dec 27

Hi all,
I am looking for a cabin mate to avoid the single supplement on the Carnival Spirit sailing Dec. 27 - 8 days Mexican Riviera out of San Diego.

I am in Canada, SWF, 40, non-smoking, pretty easy-going, neat, and looking forward to going on my first cruise.

Anyone interested?

Tammie

Mike Malone September 29th, 2004 03:21 PM

Re: looking for a cabin mate for Carnival Spirit Dec 27

Hi, Did you find anybody Yet , I CAl ? Do you have a pic?

TammieF September 29th, 2004 10:28 PM

Hi again,
I've still not found anyone to join me on Carnival Spirit.
But I think I've misunderstood the terminology a little and need to clarify. I'm new to this, so please have patience with me.

I am under the impression that when I specify "cabin mate" this implies platonic, no expectations, might hang out together, might not, very casual, just roommates. I expect only that my cabin mate be a non-smoker, relatively neat, and respect me and my stuff. I expect these things of myself as well.

The alternative to this, and I understand it, is a request for a "cruise companion", which seems to have an entirely different connotation. Am I right?

Anyway, if you're interested in being a CABIN MATE, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tammie

TammieF October 1st, 2004 02:16 PM

Ok, so now this is actually booked and my TA got me a nice rate. Carnival has posted rate at $1169+ and I got $1010 per person. So, if you want to come along it will be $1010 + taxes and port charges, so 1271.37 US total for the cruise.

New Year's eve in Acapulco - seems terrific to me.

HENRY October 9th, 2004 06:18 AM

Hello Tammie,
Did you find anybody yet? I am a 47 year old single Asian man. Not really interested in romance, but very interested in sharing the cost of travel. Please email me at:
SIRHENRYTHEGREAT@YAHOO.COM
Thanks,
Bye,
Henry

Zia October 20th, 2004 11:49 AM

Tammie,

I'm looking for a "cabin mate" for a New Year's cruise also. Leaving from San Diego would be great. I was actually looking at a cruise on the Diamond Princess for 10 days at the same time (leaving from L.A. on the Mexican Riveria. I'm a single female and am looking for a holiday cruise with another female roomie. BTW, I'm 52. Would you like to talk more?

"Zia"

TammieF October 20th, 2004 01:33 PM

Zia - I would absolutely like to talk more!!

I'm looking for a female roomie. I'm already booked and confirmed on the Spirit, so if you're willing to consider that cruise, that will be great! Let's talk more. Email me if you like. In any case I'll be in touch later today to your email. (I'll email from home tonight since I'm at work right now!!)

ttfn

Zia October 20th, 2004 02:23 PM

Hi Tammie,

I'm sending you a private e-mail with more information.

"Zia"

woodsrhome October 21st, 2004 05:51 PM

Sounds like fun shoot me an email, & tell me all about you, & maybe I can show you all the sights in Mex, as for I own a vacation home in one of the ports...

I am a 36 year old white male, & corporate pilot...& I love to cruise.

LisaW November 9th, 2004 08:05 AM

Hi Tammie,
Did you ever find a cabin mate? If not, I would be interested. I'm 40 F and a non-smoker looking to go on a NY's cruise.

Lisa

TammieF November 9th, 2004 10:05 AM

Lisa,
Glad to hear from you. I'll send you an email.

Tammie

Helmut November 22nd, 2004 12:25 PM

Hi tammie,
I also live in canada, vancouver island....and am also looking for a cruise mate . I am a attractive man, tall, in real good shape...
lets make contact and see....
yvrbc@shaw.ca
have a great day
helmut