Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2005, 07:40 PM
firewater1st

Default Mar 26 Caribbean--teacher needs cabinmate

Hi!

I was happy to find this site!

I'm a single teacher whose vacations are set in stone. I've found a couple great cruises departing this spring either March 26th or 27th, but have no one to share the cabin with!

Any others out there interested in and able to sail 7 days to the Caribbean during March 25 through April 3? Male or female is okay...looking to share the cost, not the bed! lol I would prefer to arrange for a room with a balcony, but this is negotiable.
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2005, 10:37 PM
Paul L. Cathcart III

Default Re: Mar 26 Caribbean--teacher needs cabinmate

Lisa,

Just sent you an email...

Paul
Old January 2nd, 2005, 05:53 PM
svlazar

I am 37 year old Professional SWM...Non smoker... let me know if you still looking for somebody to share the cost

Email me if you are

Steven
Old January 3rd, 2005, 04:13 PM
firewater1st

Default Re: Re: Mar 26 Caribbean--teacher needs cabinmate

Just so you're aware, the dates cannot be changed for me, and yes, I've gotten 2 interested cabinmates (one smart-aleck I'm not counting, lol) who've written. I'll drop you a note about the exact dates, the departure point, and ports that I've found on two sailings that week.

Lisa
Old January 3rd, 2005, 06:14 PM
Paul Cathcart

Default Re: Re: Re: Mar 26 Caribbean--teacher needs cabinmate

I am not sure but I think I may be the smart aleck you are referring to. I am sorry if I came off that way in my last email. I surely did not mean to but if I did I am offering you a PUBLIC apology. I have taken 6 cruises and arranged for friends at least a couple dozen more. If I would have found cruising earlier in life, I would not doubt if I wouldn't be in the 30 or 40 range by now since I have traveled extensively. I post a lof of hints and tips on various cruise sites, this one among them.

I spend at least a couple hours a day doing this as it is my hobby and have spent many years building up a good knowledge of cruising. I consider myself more knowledgeable than many of the travel agents I have talked to. The points I made in my email reply back to you were not meant to be rude or smart alecky although I can see how they may have come off to you that way. The written word is a lot trickier to understand with meaning and intent than face to face or phone conversations.

It's just that I have corresponded and talked to many people who have either been misinformed about cruising or simply do not know all of the facts. Many people do not know the peak, low, and shoulder seasons for all the various destinations or what a "good deal" price is. I have found some people that thought they got a good deal when they paid $1000/pp for a 7 day cruise on a Carnival ship in January when they could have gotten away with spending half that amount.

AGAIN, I SINCERELY APOLIGIZE FOR ANYTHING I MIGHT HAVE DONE TO OFFEND YOU...

Paul
Old January 4th, 2005, 03:57 PM
firewater1st

Default serious oops

No, no, no, Paul, lol. Someone by the ID of "DR.-somethingorother" said, "no bed-sharing, not interested" and I knew he was just kidding.

Absolutely, I did not take offense to your absolutely non-smart-alecky email. How could anyone think that the benefit of wisdom and experience is meant to be condescending? Sorry I worried you. I'm a very light-hearted person, and it takes quite a bit to bend me out of shape, although I won't hesitate telling the person who does it.

Please accept my apology for causing concern,

Lisa
Old January 4th, 2005, 04:31 PM
firewater1st

Default About Me...

We are not really encouraged to list web sites here, but since this detracts in no way, shape, or form from this site or its affiliates, I'm mentioning now that any interested cabinmate who would like to find out more about my likes/dislikes, habits, and interests for the sake of a week's worth of "cabinmate compatibility" can find those sorts of details at the singles site called Match.com. My ID is "fire_water_1st" on that site. You may have to sign up to access my profile, but it is free, and this section does cater to singles, right? What can it hurt?

Thanks for your interest!
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:38 PM
firewater1st

Cruise I've located is on cruise.com with flight for around $1300

Carnival Destiny
San Juan departure
March 27, 2005
Old January 12th, 2005, 11:55 AM
firewater1st

Hi all,

It's exam week, and I'm neck-deep in semester grades as well, so it will be a few days before I can reply or update any info.

Lisa
Old February 13th, 2005, 09:05 AM
firewater1st

Thanks to all of you who expressed interest...

Sorry, but a broken furnace consumed all my thoughts, time, and unfortunately, my liquid funds!

If there's an unbelievably cheap 7-night Caribbean cruise out there somewhere for March 26/27, or if anyone needs a 3rd/4th person in a cabin for those dates, please let me know.

Lisa
Old March 18th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Cush

Hi Lisa,

It's too late now for the spring cruise but in the future if you need a cruise mate please let me know. I am free to cruise at any time.

cushcolash@hotmail.com
Old March 19th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Carina Ponce

Hi.

My name is Carina. I am Colombian 31 years old, single, and I work with the US Embassy in Bogota. I would like to share the cruise with you. What are the cruises that are you interested in ?

Regards,

Carina