Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Passenger

Default i'd love to save some money, but is it really doable?????

Love to cruise. Dont wanna pay double.

But it seems impossible to find right person and actually pin
them down to a date and have them actually go.

Any success stories out there?????????????????????????????????????????????/
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to asongulove
Default Re: i'd love to save some money, but is it really doable????

i'm looking to go 2/19 on the glory,.,,need a roommate...only $725 each,.,

Carnival Piano Bar Performer

Triumph 7/05
Legend 9-10/05
Fascination 11/05
Miracle 1-2/06
Old January 20th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Passenger

I have had success with a cabin mate I found on this site and I am now looking for a cabin mate for 5/08/05 Carnival Valor.
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:20 AM
LynD

I went on a cruise over New Years with three great people I met on these boards. A good time was had by all.
Old January 23rd, 2005, 11:22 PM
Passenger

Course it is. I could tell you the good and the bad. Went to Antartica with a girl from San Francisco that I didn't know except from the internet. We wound up talking on the phone and online all the time and we got along fine. The cruise she turned me onto would have cost $6000 and for us (3 in a room) it was an inaugural cruise so we went 12 days to Antartica for $1600. I wound up paying from LA only $800 for airfare. We wound up adding on Buenas Aires on the way back for a week as long as we were in South America, plus 3 days in Iguazu Falls (like Niagara Falls). On the Antartica ship by the way, everyone was paired up or tripled up -- you had to really, and I wasn't with her but with an Australian couple. She was with two really nice girls right across the hall from us. I got on great with my Australian couple. The guy was a drunk (and I don't mean that in a bad way -- I drink too for fun but he was the real thing -- up all night drinking water because he was dehydrated, etc.) but we all got very close (no funny business, though). I got on with his girlfriend too -- it turned out she has lunch every Tuesday with her friends at this fancy hotel in Melbourne where I spent Christmas 7 years ago -- its's a small world. Anyway, I got on friendly with my friend's two roomates, but when it came time for us to go off on our own to B.A., it didn't turn out so well. We liked each other all right, but she sort of resented who I was (very LA, had been happily married, likes 5 star hotels, etc.) where she had been never married, and wantd to hike all around the mountains instead of lounge by the pool, know what I mean??? Second story, I went again with 2 other strangers (we were all strangers) one girl one guy to Vegas because we all belong to this social group in LA. (About 250 of us.) My only demands were if I were already asleep to be quiet, and to not make me get up in the morning if I didn't want to. The other girl and I took turns like showering and dressing. The guy and I were friendly but didn't hang out, you know, and the girl and I hung out one of the nights and got along okay when we didn't and went with other friends, etc. you know? In other words, those two times, VERY successful, VERY economical, NO best friend, though and NO romance. Would I do it again? OF COURSE. I do have one bad story though and I guess you'll hear others. I went on a cruise once where they just hooked me up with a stranger and all I knew was she was an older lady, but I figured you know, that's okay. It wasn't. It was a NIGHTMARE. First of all we were in sweaty Brazil, and I swear she took 1 shower in 8 days and that was just to wash the bug repellent off. Every time I took a daily shower she looked at me like I was a whore or something. She also got up at the crack of dawn, driving me nuts. We were on vacation, for heaven's sake. I have heard of rooming with old people where some people had to actually help them to the toilet or something. Luckily, nothing like that was involved. I'm not the type to be able to do that sort of thing. So there you go. . . .

Old January 24th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to jack124

just got back from cruise with someone i met on here. i had a fantastic time with a great lady and would highly recommend this to anyone. clarify ahead of time what you expect and give it a shot.