Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2005, 06:35 PM
LynD

Default European Cruise - Summer

I'm hoping to go on either a river or ocean cruise this summer. I'm looking at a couple of cruises that go to Northern Europe, either Russia or Scandanavian countries. I'm in my early 50's, have done a lot traveling, am easy going, and enjoy being active. Anyone interested in sharing the journey with me?
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2005, 11:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: European Cruise - Summer

Lyn: I just wanted to write to you but I'm not sure for myself. I was listening to KRLA (don't know if you like talk radio) and they announced a Seven Seas Radisson cruise in I think August with my favorite people Michael Medved and Dennis Prager and such. The radio sponsors different cruises where of course they talk and get to go for free. It said on the radio that it was for $1499, and there's a Cordon Blue Restaurant and open seating and a small ship of 800, and they're going to St. Petersburg and Stockholm and all. I almost crashed the car cause I know right now airfare alone is that much. The dollar is really bad -- its not a good time to go to Europe. So I pulled off and ran into what I thought was Carlson Travel (the one handling it), but it was Select Travel and anyway, they said it's about $4000. That's what I figured. And that's WITH a roomate, which of course is what I'd need. Still don't know what's true, but if you could afford it and/or find a roomate, that would be the coolest cruise ever. (If you're like a liberal who hates these people, no offense meant!!) Sandy

Old January 24th, 2005, 04:56 PM
LynDee

Hi Sandy, It sounds like a great cruise. I happen to be a big fan of Dennis Praeger. I've heard him speak at various conferences. And the ports seem really good. The only problem is that it's a small boat and it cruises on the Baltic Sea, which could be somewhat choppy. If I go on an ocean cruise, I'd have to go on one of the very large ships. But thanks for telling me about it and if you're considering another cruise, let me know. My time frame is somewhat flexible, so it doesn't necessarily have to be in the summer.
Old January 26th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Elaine Giamona

Hello, I'm planning a Greek Island Cruise, during May. Are you interested?

I am 57, real estate broker, grandmother, christian/spiritual, and lots of fun.

Went to Malta-London-Egypt in May of 2003.
Going back to Malta, as I have dear relataves there. Am planning to see Greek Islands sometime in May this year.

Let me know.
Old January 28th, 2005, 02:08 AM
LynD

Hi Elaine,
May might be a little early for me to travel. I don't think I'll have enough vacation days accrued by then. But if you would like to go in the summer or later, maybe we can talk about it. My vacation schedule is not certain now, but I have some flexibility. If May is the only time you can go, I understand and hope you have a great time.
Lyn