Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Like to Cruise

Default Another SWF - Will trade companionship for expense paid crui

I saw Kim's post and figured Id post a message. I am SWF fairly good looking and well educated. Since financially I am unable to cruise right now....I would be willing to accompany a gentleman in exchange for an expense paid cruise. I stress here that I am not trading sex...only companionship for dinner, shore excursions, dancing, intelligent conversation etc. Unlike Kim I am not in my 30s but in my early 50s
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Rosey

Default Re: Another SWF - Will trade companionship for expense paid

Hi!

If you live in Florida then maybe we could cruise together. I am in my sixties and love to cruise. I am retired so I have a lot of time on my hands. We could try a cruise to the Bahamas (3 or 4 days) and if it work out we can do longer ones. I am a part time Cruise Consultant and can sometimes cruise at a discounted rate. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rosey
Old March 21st, 2005, 07:48 AM
Marshall

Hello!,
In response to your posting, I would be interested in a companion cruiser. I am a home based part time travel agent. From time to time the cruise lines offer FAM(familiarization ) cruises at a reduced rate. I am married,but my wife doesn't seem interested in them. Therefore I would have to pay a single supplement. I would rather have a companion. No problem with sex,because as a two time cancer survivor, I have been left sexually impotent!
I hope to hear from you soon.
Regards,
Marshall
Old May 25th, 2005, 06:42 PM
curious

How many responses have you received? Have you gone on any cruises with anyone you have met through this add? How did it work out?
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:29 AM
michael cohn

Where do live? Picture?
Old June 3rd, 2005, 01:21 AM
Robert H

I am interested in a cruise companion, please tell me more.
Old June 7th, 2005, 10:29 AM
GeorgeCruz

There seem to be several women seeking to trade companionship for an expense paid cruise. Maybe there should be a separate category for this so thse are all together for people who are interested.
Old June 7th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Another SWF - Will trade companionship for expense p

George, what a great idea...........maybe it should be under something like "Please pay for me, a complete stranger, to go on a vacation........I will be nice to you if you do"
Old June 7th, 2005, 01:29 PM
T.O.

*cough cough* Haters
Old June 7th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Passenger

, Beggers
Old June 7th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Lonely Man

Default IMPORTANT: Female Compansionship for Cruising

To All the Women who question those that offer companionship for a free cruise:

I am lonely. I have been in the desert in the middle east for 8 months and its depressing. I am only 22 years old, and am older then most of my friends out here. I dont have a family, I didnt have time to start one. I havent even finished school yet, I have one more semester to go.

I get one break during this tour, and it lasts only a few days. Sometimes a cruise ship offers the best of both worlds - relaxation and all inclusive low expenses - the very two things that are needed.

The company of a female is very treasured after a long tour out in the sands, because it brings a comfortable, almost relaxing presence. Conversation brings a different perspective of life, and a smile brings a warmth that hasnt existed for months. I do not have to sleep with the woman to appreciate her company, I do everytime she smiles back, or we make funny face gestures across a room when we have both picked up on something intuitively. Thats the amazing bond between men and women, the likeness that can be shared along with the subtle differences that are admired. Forget the sex, its pathetic.. its a natural evolutionary need that our body is driven from at its most primitive and pressing need - evolution survives through re-creation.

Our brains, however, have developed past the point of evolutionary needs determining every action. We can understand a deeper meaning between the companionship of a man and a woman, and can appreciate the subtle joys each can bring to the others life.

There are a million stories like mine that tell of men taking a vacation on a cruise as a perferred method of relaxation, but also of being lonely, or of truly wishing they could share this time with another person.

Dont crticize these ladies for posting available times in their schedule to share a vacation with another person. One person has the monetary funds but lacks the available companionship of another, while a different person lacks the funds but is more then ready to share in the joy of meeting new people and sharing memorable moments in their lives.

The internet allows for this incredible unification of people, from all around the world.

Dont criticize people for finding eachother, thats the building block of our eternity, and hopefully will forver be the foundation of our future matrimonies.

-Lonely Man in the desert
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Passenger

Default Re: IMPORTANT: Female Compansionship for Cruising

That's pretty funny guy..........thanks for the laugh....................................
Old June 8th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Whiteknight

I can appreciate that and most of us have the very best intentions. But we all are familiar with the workings of the human mind and if we're completely honest about it and not trying to pretend that we can walk on water, everyone knows what goes throught the mind when we see the opposite sex walk across the room in their sleep wear, unless we're homosexual. It's the nature of man. I think it's great to be forward enough to make these offers, but there's no sense in trying to fool everyone and make it sound so innocent. The people offering and the ones accepting both know the score, so let's knock off the innocent act. None of us were born yesterday.
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Like to Cruise

You are wrong about this. I guess what you are saying is that it is impossible for men and women to be platonic friends, business partners, or co workers, and that all male female relationships are about sex.

Have you ever gone on a date with someone you knew that you were not going to marry. Most people have. Perhaps you want to go to dinner or a show and dont want to do it alone. Perhaps you want to have someone to talk with at dinner or about the show youve just seen and see everyone else is coupled and dont want to be alone. Perhaps you have professional or intellectual interests you like to share.

When a man and women go out on a date it most likely is the man who pays for the date, because 1) it is the custom and expected of any decent man and 2) most men make more money than most women.

When a man and woman go on a cruise it is simply a long date.

There are also circumstances where a man may have business either on the cruise or at the ports and may be going to business events where he is expected to have a woman with him (if he does business at the port he may be able to take a tax deduction as a business expense).

Also at least one of these posts offered her companionship to women as well as men. There may well be some elderly or disabled man or woman who has difficulty getting around and needs a companion or pehaps a single parent or couple who desires an au pair.

I do not know what prostitutes charge but its my guess that if a man wants to pay for sex he can do so for a whole lot less money than the cost of a cruise.

Your quote was "It's the nature of man" perhaps it is but these posts are being made by women not men, promiscuity is not the nature of women, so if everyone is up front with what they expect and what is or is not included there should be no problem.
Old June 9th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Passenger

Whiteknight.........you are the first reality based person I have seen writing on this page.....................................ty for restoring the faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 9th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Jack C

I think the only way Elle could get a man interested is if it was a dark cabin
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Passenger

Nah............it'd have to be a cave..............and a pre-historic man..........but, thanks for the compliment................ :-)
Old June 9th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Passenger

just so you know how right you are Jack C.........here's the ugly mug it's hard being a dog but................some of us just weren't blessed in the gene pool.............sorry..... ps, I am not shallow enough to attack a person for their looks, Jack........people are born as they are.........they didn't ask to look the way they look........it's sad you judge a book by its cover.....................

Post Edited (06-10-05 07:01)

Old June 10th, 2005, 10:56 AM
JackC

Thats pretty sad that you posted a pic of your daughter.. do you let her go out like that???
Old June 10th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Passenger

Jack, again I receive a compliment from such a witty boy...........that actually is my great great great granddaughter, would you believe that she is only 12? all those hormones they put into the food these days have these young ladies developing so early........ I have actually just turned 109 myself.........I am really starting to get feelings for you here............with all of your compliments *blushes* thank you so much...........I look forward to your posts as they make my day.........being here in a nursing home is so lonely............maybe you can come for a visit sometime.............you stud you............Ciao babes.......................Elle

Post Edited (06-10-05 12:55)
Old June 13th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Beginner

Dear Elle13

I find it interesting that JackC was not judging the book by its cover. Actually your "picture" was posted after his comment. I believe that based on your reponses to this message as well as others, he was judging your "persona" ...how you are inside!
Maybe we should try to understand and be respectful of other's way of thinking and feeling. My best friend use to say..."people like you start wars".
Old June 13th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Passenger

Actually FL girl........he was implying that I was ugly, before even seeing my picture.....saying I couldn't get a man except if it was really dark or something like that implying that.......if one was ugly, they couldn't get a man.........basically saying that the cover was all that one should use when judging the worthiness of a book.......so yes, he in effect is saying that he only judges books by its cover.........never gets to see what's on the inside if they don't look perfect on the outside..........I attached my picture after the fact to show him who I am ................. he still may think I am ugly.......everyone has their own taste and really it doesn't matter to me anyway..........

ps..........someone has to start a war..........

Post Edited (06-13-05 08:47)
Old June 30th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Like to Cruise

One of the readers here indicated they had looked for but couldnt find this post so Ive moved it to the top to make it easier for this person to find
Old July 1st, 2005, 01:43 PM
Admiral

Maybe I need to remind folks that personal attacks are not allowed here? Any further attacks will be deleted. Understand that not all women are secretly offering sex or want someone to drool over them and hope that they make a pass. Until informed otherwise I will take these ladies word for it. There are also males out there that do appreciate female travel companions and are not looking for a sexual encounter. Some are married like me, (of course my wife would never let me cruise without her, she loves cruising), and some just don't like sharing with another male. That would be me if I were single. I also have a number for great female friends including my best friend and sex has never been an issue. Friends and companions do not have to mean sex partners so of you get your mind out of the gutters.
Jim

Old July 8th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Passenger

Gee,

It started nice and friendly didn't it? Can't we all just get along? I guess I am putting my two cents in because I just happen to be looking for a cabinmate (for 04/30/06).

Though I am not comfortable with someone paying my way, I certainly have an expectation that if I signed on to share a room with a man that it would be just that, to share the room and not to share a bed. So if there is anyone out there willing to share a room, strictly platonic with another decent human being (I am a 48 yo female) drop me a line.
Old July 13th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Love to cruise too

You seem to be a lovely sensitive mature man with an incredible insight into life and human beings.
Thankyou for your love and expression of love to all here.
I would cruise with you any day.
I am sure we would have a wonderful time.
Old July 13th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Love to cruise too

The message above was directed at the comments posted by lonelyman
Old July 31st, 2005, 01:40 AM
Shirley Barber

Beautffully put and so true. I hope you find what you are looking for because you sound like a good person indeed. People will be people and those who criticize the ladies who seek companionship in exchange for a paid vacation, only show how truly shallow their thoughts are which really aren't worth commenting on

Old July 31st, 2005, 01:50 AM
Shirley Barber

Thank you Jim - it gets pretty depressing reading when the claws come out. What you had to say was very refreshing. The world has enough cynics without the comments which have been posted.

Thank you again.
Old July 31st, 2005, 05:52 PM
Passenger

I won some money from my states lottery and would love to take you on a cruise if you don't mine being with a older person I asure you I'm full of life and like to enjoy it to the fullest.