Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2005, 06:57 PM
Beginner

Default Singles Cruise Info Needed

Im curious about singles cruises or just plan cruising alone as a single. I am considering a 4 night Bahamas cruise on Royal Caribbean, Majesty of the Seas, in November. This would be my first cruise but I will most likely have to go it alone.

My questions are:

Has anyone out here been on a cruise alone and how was it?
I know its all subjective, but is it worth a trip alone? What about seating at dinners and activities on ship? What about some of the cruise lines that match you with another traveler to help offset the single supplement?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Private emails or on the board is fine. I will keep an eye on the board.

Thanks
Charlie
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Singles Cruise Info Needed

I think vacations to go might be a good one. They have a singles cruise. I went with the cruising for love group and was not impressed. They do sit you at your own singles table. but they didnt really feel that they were very organized. JD
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Linley

I would go with a singles group. I have been on many RCL cruises and they do not attect many singles. If you cannot find one that works with your schedule, I would look to Carnival since they target young singles. Good luck.
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:48 PM
booboo4031

I would go with a singles group. I've been with singles cruises.com and that was good. I'm going with cruising for love and so far I'm not impressed. I'll let you know when I get back....

Old April 3rd, 2005, 03:08 AM
Admiral

Im also going with cruising for love, though I would try another company next time just ot compare. Im on the same cruise as booboo so again will have to wait and see. Princess and Holland lines match you with a roommate, if they don't find you someone you get the cabin to yourself with no singles supplement! A good deal if your just going to travel and don't care as much about meeting people, our group is around 40 people and they say you get to know everyone. Singles cruise.com is much larger groups with hundreds of singles, but some complain they were disorganized also and that they didn't get to meet enough people. I guess it's trial and error. I can't speak for eather group yet, Im willing to try it all ways since most of my friends are married or have kids I have a serious lack of people to travel with.
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to asongulove

i enjoyed singlescruise. i agree with linley. groups present more opportunities to meet new people...