CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Cruising in your 20's! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/284393-cruising-your-20s.html)

cruise21girl June 6th, 2005 09:12 AM

Cruising in your 20's!

Hi everyone!

Just wondering.... I haven't been on a cruise in awhile (college will do that to ya) but now that I'm done I want to start cruising again!! I know cruises tend to have a little bit of an older crowd than what I may be looking for... any suggestions for any specific cruises I may want to take? I know that I should take Carnival, and not during any school holidays... etc. But any further suggestions?

Also, it's very hard to convince my friends to spend their money on a vacation at this point. Would consider sharing a cabin with a female from this board (or possibly male) if anyone is interested. Let me know!

Laur

PS - I will send a pic to anyone seriously interested. Just not that into putting my face on the internet!! :-)

cruise21girl June 6th, 2005 09:33 AM

Re: Cruising in your 20's!

Rereading this, I guess I should say a little bit more about myself!

I am willing to cruise any time, but would prefer September/October time frame. I am pretty much only considering a Caribbean cruise, as they tend to be the cheapest and warmest!! I love meeting new people and going out and having a great time. I am a very social person. I do enjoy having a few cocktails or beers once in awhile - after all, you are only young once and you only get to go on vacation so often! (Though I'm nowhere near being a sloppy drunk or an alcoholic, I promise) I would love to try a Voyger-class ship on RCCL. I am a NON-smoker! That is one thing that's very important to me.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Laur

franklin June 14th, 2005 02:03 AM

hey i am intrested if u'r ready for a expense paid cruise . i am franklin 20 male. from india.

Julie Skoruppa June 14th, 2005 08:44 AM

hi,
my name is julie and i am in the same situation; however, i have never been on a cruise, and with college getting ready to start, i need a break. the only problem is is i cannot get my friends to spend any money either. i too am looking for a roommate to go on a cruise so email me and let me know what you think.
julie

JD June 19th, 2005 07:19 AM

I have a cruise already booked leaving miami on sept 4th thru sept 11th.....w. Carrib, total price includeing taxes, tips, and cruise is around 665 for 7 night
visits Caymen, beliz,roton, cozulmel........carnival valor ship.....its gonna be nice. The person i bought it for ( my ex) unfortunatly cant make it .....lol, let me know if you would be intrested.

woodsrhome July 10th, 2005 10:42 AM

Hi there...I actually was just searching for a good cruise and was reading to do it alone, but then found this message board....Im 35 very active, a social drinker, and into adventure, & water activities too....Im from Arizona but In Central Florida for a few weeks, & Im ready for a quick vacation....Lemme know what you think!!

irishthor July 19th, 2005 05:18 AM

Hello,would you be interested in paying the other half of either of the top 2 cruises on this page?I would be more interested in going on the one to Galveston. http://cruise.com/cs/Forms/CruiseRes...DID=&LID=&AG=1

H and A July 19th, 2005 08:25 PM

We have been cruising for a few years now mostly in asia but a few in the U.S. My wife and I are both in out late 20's now. There always seems to be a decent amount of young people on board to meet and as the years pass the amount of younger people increase.

studawg January 4th, 2006 10:06 PM

look for cruisemate 2

Hey-
I am 24 yr ols SWM living in NJ looking at going on RCC or Carnival cruise outa miami in jan or feb. lemme know if u r interested

b9land January 7th, 2006 05:09 AM

Well you thing your young. I am thinking about going on a cruise myself. I am 18 yr old male. I am in the Air Force and I need to take a vacation myself. I am single but I don't think there anything out there for me right no. If there was an age group between 18-30. I would definitly go but its usually older retired people who go on cruises.

luvjftffc2 January 9th, 2006 03:50 PM

I tend to disagree with you saying that cruises are for old and retired people, you must have never cruised before. i am a 27 year old female, who looks much younger, and i am booked for the adventure of the seas leaving out of peurto rico on oct. 8. i cruise every year and there are lots of young people on board. looking to share my cabin if anyone interested. its for 7 days and its going to aruba all night, curaco, st. thomas and st. martin. my friends are also broke and that wont stop me from going alone, but i would be interested in sharing my cabin.

b9land January 10th, 2006 04:05 AM

I have been on 1 cruise before. Holland America on the Westerdam. But It was alwile back and I was young with my family. But I cain't get anyone I know on a cruise either. I am single and just looking to have a good time and vacation. I am looking to go on one myself. I just need to plan one. I am not sure what the drinking age is in St. Thomas, aruba, curaco or the cruise ship itself but once I find a cruise I am booking one. I love to travel so I need to get out of Arkansas. Give me some details about the cruise. Sounds cool!