Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2005, 11:06 AM
BrendaS.

Default "Mature" first timer needs cruisemate

I hope to save up for a cruise sometime this fall or maybe during the winter, but I really don't want to venture into it alone since this will be my first one. I'm not looking for someone to pay my way but I can't pay your way either. I just want to find a cruisemate that I can get to know a little bit (and learn to trust) before the trip.

I am "mature" but that doesn't mean I'm old, it's just a warning to the younger set that we probably wouldn't have much in common...but I could be wrong. See my photo if you want to see what i mean by "mature."

I'm not too particular about age, sex, looks, ethnicity, etc. but I want someone that laughs easy and knows how to have harmless, legal fun. Oh, and one more thing...I am recently divorced and am NOT looking for a sweetheart, so guys, it's about the cruise, that's all. Ladies, if you ARE looking for a sweetheart I'll try to let you have some time alone with the guys if you need it *wink*

Oh yeah, one last thing...I haven't picked out a cruise yet and am open to suggestions.

Cheers,
Brenda

Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Michael1963

Default Re:

Hi Brenda,

I might be interested. I am 42 yr old male.

E-mail me at mike31763@aol.com I will send you a pic and we can talk a bit.
Old June 14th, 2005, 11:59 PM
belle

Default Re:

where u from brenda? im fr los angeles. if ok with u to depart fr los angeles, maybe we can go together. but we r both first timers though.
Old June 15th, 2005, 02:15 AM
BrendaS.

Default Re: Re:

Hi Belle, I'm in Arizona and leaving from LA would be fine because it's not really all that far from here. I might even be tempted to just drive there and save air fare if I can find a place to leave my car during the cruise.

If you're a first timer too then we could learn the ropes together and hopefully no one but us would know if we did something dumb, lol. Let me know if you have any particular cruises in mind and maybe we can work something out.

Brenda
Old June 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: "Mature" first timer needs cruisemate

Hi!! I'm a 53 yr old male. I have already booked a 7 night cruise out of nyc in oct going to the eastern carribbean. I would be interested in sharing the cabin and splitting the cost. If you are interested in learning more e-mail me.

Buzz
Old June 21st, 2005, 06:13 PM
Passenger

Hi Brenda & Belle,

I'm single, 59 and planning a Hawaiian cruise in December. I'd be happy to show you both around the ship. Don't worry about doing anything "dumb". We all do, but it's the real idiots who would criticize. O, yes, I would have my own cabin.

Regal Princess 4/03
Norwegian Star 11/03
Norwegian Wind 4/04
Dawn Princess 5/04
Norwegian Wind 9/04
Carnival Spirit 11/04
Norwegian Wind 3/05
Holland America Ryndam 5/05(2, back 2 back)
Carnival Liberty 9/05
NCL America, Pride of America 12/05
Norwegian Wind 4/06
Carnival Liberty 11/06
Old June 21st, 2005, 06:52 PM
BrendaS.

Thanks, everyone who responded to this post. And thank you also to the ones who emailed. I have found a travel partner for my first cruise, which has already been booked, but I go so many nice replies that I have saved some of the email addresses in case I can afford to do this again in the near futere.

If anyone out there is worried about posting here for a cabin mate here I have to tell you that I am not sorry I did it. I got some VERY strange emails from people I would never consider sharing space with, but even those were fun to read. And I also got emails from some very nice, friendly, helpful people. I wish I could cruise with every one of them, but I can't, so I had to make a choice. Maybe later though??

Thanks again
Old June 22nd, 2005, 09:27 PM
Passenger

Hi Brenda,

You are a class act. Not many people would bother to tell everyone that they had selected a partner. Enjoy your cruise and Thanks.

Regal Princess 4/03
Norwegian Star 11/03
Norwegian Wind 4/04
Dawn Princess 5/04
Norwegian Wind 9/04
Carnival Spirit 11/04
Norwegian Wind 3/05
Holland America Ryndam 5/05(2, back 2 back)
Carnival Liberty 9/05
NCL America, Pride of America 12/05
Norwegian Wind 4/06
Carnival Liberty 11/06
Old July 11th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Passenger

Brenda,

I am looking for someone to cruise with. Not sure about your timing, but would be interested in the Eastern Carribean. Probably in November or December.

Steve

Old July 11th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to BrendaS Send a message via Yahoo to BrendaS

Thanks Steve,

I have found a cabin mate and have booked a cruise in December. If was was rich I could go on one in November too...but for now I just can't swing it.

I hope you find someone to join you. I'm finding that the preparation phase is lots of fun too.

Brenda

Old July 20th, 2005, 11:45 PM
kim larson

Default Re: roomate needed

Brenda,
I am also looking for a companion to cruise with me aboard the regal empress
the date i am looking at is sep20th,but i will be headed to fortlauderdale on the 19th
the cruise is for two nights to the bahamas.i will be staying another night in fortlauderdale after the cruise then i am headed to orlando florida,which means i need a driver for a rental car with unlimited miledge .after that you can decide if you want to hang out with me for the rest of my trip ,which involves staying at the days inn for ten nights and splitting the cost of the room? i am planning on hitting the parks and pleasure island but i dont want to go alone .(so i would love your company)if you are interested call me at 1-763-535-3636 .
hope to hear from u soon
kim
ps-i am a female 42 years old
Old July 21st, 2005, 08:45 PM
Nona

You probably have had many replies. Some serious and some just for fun.

I live in Florida. Originally from Illinois where I went to the University.

I love to travel. At the present, I need a roommate for 12-22-05-1-6-06 on New Amsterdam San Diego to Hawaii and return. I have early dinning and at a reasonable rate.
My brother's daughter has a son working in Honolulu. He is going to meet us and show us around. I have a military pass for base and PX.

I would not be using the room except for me to sleep. I play it strictly platonic.

Nona
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:44 PM
footprints in the sand

Hello Brenda!
What type of cruise did you have in mind?

I am all about the cruise! However, if I did meet someone by accident......lol
I am almost 40, heterosexual female, non smoking, considerate.
Feel free to email me...
Shauna
Old July 28th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: "Mature" first timer needs cruisemate

I am looking at an Hawaiin cruise in December. If you are interested in sharing a room, not a bed, with a 69 year old first time cruiser, let me know.

Terry
Old August 3rd, 2005, 10:27 AM
Elizabeth barnett

I am also looking for someone to a person to share a cabin. I am a 56 retired female.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 11:51 AM
Rog

Default Re:

Hi Brenda
I'm a 50 yr. old guy....very young at heart...love good hearted legal and harmless fun. Good clean fun. Sometimes a little less harmless than others, but not that bad. Adventerous sense of humor with a hint of sarcasm, so I sometimes find myself in spots that I need to wiggle out of....but sometimes that's half the fun. Anyway, I love to laugh and make others laugh....not looking for anything but hangin' out together.
Hope you write me so we can talk.

Roger
Old August 3rd, 2005, 12:24 PM
Rog

Hi Brenda

I don't kwow if my email address went through.....rmassimi@monmouth.edu

Thanks,

Roger
Old August 3rd, 2005, 08:21 PM
pauls

I just posted an a message for a cruise partner and just saw yours. Would you be interested in an NCL cruise leaving New York on 11/20/04 for 8 days. I'm a little experienced in cruise matters (I think). I've traveled on three cruises before.

I'm in my mid-40s, east indian male, professional, easy-going, fun, flexible, open-minded and a great travel companion. I can be a substitute cruise guide if you'd like.

Let me know what you decide. Thanks.
Old August 5th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Beginner

Hello and how are you? I read your posting and it really caught my eye. I want seek a cruise companion who is on the same level as I am. I dont want to venture alone and I am not picky in regards to sex, age ethnicity etc. I also enjoy having clean legal fun. I love to laugh at the right times of course lol. I describe myself as friendly reassuring and just like to have fun in a positive way. I can see that you have a lot of responses so far but I do hope to hear from you as I said before, I am seeking somone who I can trust and laugh with. I havent picked out a cruise yet, so I am also open to suggestions. This is my first one too. I wanted to go during fall/winter time, I have been saving up money for a while to do this. So email me back when you can. I look forward to hearing from you.

Stephanie
Old August 15th, 2005, 02:31 PM
frank cruiser

Default Re:

Divorced 3yrs seasoned traveler 5or 6 cruises. last 2 or 3 with teen sons. Warning... older but very much alive. Canít see traveling with male cabin mate. Need to split cost though. Looking to cruise early 06 caribbean or mexico from Florida.
Old August 15th, 2005, 07:16 PM
kathina

Hello, I am wanting to go on this cruise Departure
1 Miami, Florida --- 4:00 p.m.

2 At Sea --- ---

3 Belize City, Belize 9:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

4 Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras 7:00 a.m. 3:30 p.m.

5 George Town, Grand Cayman 9:00 a.m. 5:30 p.m.

6 Cozumel, Mexico 11:00 a.m. 11:00 p.m.

7 At Sea --- ---

8 Miami, Florida 8:00 a.m. ---

Sep 18-25, 2005 $549 $699

Need help? Call 1-800-735-8000

Vacation consultants are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you plan your next cruise.

Offer Code: 9NCB-ENS. Please have your offer code ready to give to one of our travel professionals. This will ensure the lowest possible rate.

But none of my friends want to cruise or have the time... I am 37 female live in Portland Oregon
Old August 16th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Ron Sibley

Default Re:

Hey Brenda,
I am a 47 white male been on a few cruises.
Divorce will be final Sept. 8 and I am looking to go on a cruise in Oct. and need a nice roomate.
Check cruising for love's web site Oct. 7-10, 2005. www.cruisingforlove.com/
I'm in the medical field and live in the Daytona Beach, Florida area.
Let me know if this sounds good to you.
Will send pic if you're interested.
Ron
Old August 18th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Nancyin canada

Default Re:

Hi Brenda,
I am in the same shoes...recently divorced and looking for my first cruise but do not want to spend ALL of my vacations dollars for the next two years on it! And I want to have a good time...meet other people too...so we could do that together. I am also not looking for a 'sweetheart'...just a fun time experiencing my first cruise. I have been trying to find a singles cruise as that may be more fun than having all married people on board.....what do you think? I am in Canada and would prefer to cruise to the caribbean...ie cayman islands etc.
Nancy
Old October 20th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Beginner

Hallo Nona!
I am going on the almost same trip San Diego to Hawai on Febr. 5th
with HAL.
Too bad we did not find each other earlier and we could have split
the cost. I am also traveling single and dont like to pay the extra
money. Maybe next time.
64 but young at heart, female
big sense of humor and easy going.
Have fun at your cruise.
Renate
Old November 7th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to caitlyn20
Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyin canada
Hi Brenda,
I am in the same shoes...recently divorced and looking for my first cruise but do not want to spend ALL of my vacations dollars for the next two years on it! And I want to have a good time...meet other people too...so we could do that together. I am also not looking for a 'sweetheart'...just a fun time experiencing my first cruise. I have been trying to find a singles cruise as that may be more fun than having all married people on board.....what do you think? I am in Canada and would prefer to cruise to the caribbean...ie cayman islands etc.
Nancy
Are you still looking to go on a cruise? I am trying to find someone to share a cabin with on the November 20th, 13 day repositioning cruise on RCCL Grandeur. It's only $849 per person double occupancy right now.
Old November 7th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Carribean cruise Jan. - Apr.

Hi! I'm also a first timer, male 50 yrs. old, and I'm looking to cruise out of Florida in '06. I'm not much of a "party animal" but love to have fun and have a good laugh! hrstupp@yahoo.com Harry
Old March 10th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Beginner

My mom is looking for a cabinmate for a RC caribbean cruise out of Nj on 4/25/08. If yiu are interested, e-mail me at ljg7857@yahoo.com
Old March 10th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Beginner

My mom is looking for a cabinmate for a RC caribbean cruise out of Nj on 4/25/08. If yiu are interested, e-mail me at ljg7857@yahoo.com
Old March 11th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Beginner

Hi Brenda,
I also am a new cruiser and am looking for a cabin mate and it looks like we think alot alike. I am in Oregon at the time and would like to do a cruise this summer or more likely the Fall. My email is lavonprice@yahoo.com
Old March 13th, 2007, 04:16 AM
Passenger

hi

i am 24 yrs old and am trying to get from los angeles to sydney to meet up with friends with out flying, i am not sure what you are looking for but their is a 31cruise that leaves august 31 2007 from los angeles to sydney...with stops in hawaii, fiji, bora bora, tahiti, new zealand among others. if interested please email me at werbz46@hotmail.com