Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Rob in Vancouver

Default Cruisemate for July / Aug Alaska cruise

Hi

I'm a 26 yr old Australian guy living in Vancouver, Canada for the summer and I really want to do an Alaskan cruise without paying more than I have to!

Would anyone be interested in making a new friend? hehe... not looking for a relationship, just someone to hang out with for the cruise since im told they are mostly made up of 'old couples'. Anyway under 30 would be cool, male or female, and it would be super great if you were already in Vancouver so we could hang out prior to the trip! But if not then no worries. I'm just a regular guy into the outdoors and photography etc, so im more interested in the scenery than having a party on board.

I would probably be looking to do a cruise in late July or earlish August, one of the 7-night cruises preferably return to/from vancouver for around CAN$700 or $800 ... wouldnt have much money to spend on shore excursions etc

Anyway if anyone is interested let me know! or if anyone has any tips on seeing Alaska for cheap without doing a cruise... i would love to hear about that too!

Thanks a bunch! Happy travels

~ Rob

smulder@bigfoot.com.au
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:26 PM
kevin-r-jones

Default Re: Cruisemate for July / Aug Alaska cruise

Hi Rob,
I'm in the same position you are. I'd like to do an August cruise to Alaska, but can't afford a double fare...If you're still interested, there are still some cabins available. I'd prefer the week of Aug. 14- 20. Let me know if you're still interested.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old July 19th, 2005, 09:56 PM
noledrob

Rob -

You should check the Sept. 9th Statendam. Great rates and they only charge 1 1/2 for singles in an inside stateroom. Holland America also offers a share program you pay the price for a double and if they don't find a single to share with you, you have a cabin to yourself.

Post Edited (07-20-05 09:28)
Old August 17th, 2005, 12:04 AM
JCR

Hi Rob. Not sure if you've been able to take your Alaska cruise yet, but I'm looking at some of the late August / early September ones on the Serenade of the Seas. If you have any interest, please let me know. Thanks, Julie