Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2005, 01:06 PM
iluvcruzing2

Default Looking for Cruise Roommate

Hi, I'm an early planner and want to get something lined up for January, February or March 2006. I'm interested in a 14-day (or so) cruise, perhaps South America, Australia or the Med/Greece. I'm female, early 40s and a nonsmoker, looking for another female roommate. Anyone interested?
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2005, 04:56 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Looking for Cruise Roommate

There is an excellent South America cruise on Princess in January. "Unfortunately" I'm not female so I can't take you up on your your offer. But surely others will respond to your ad and of course, you may use this information. And if there are other males, maybe we could put a group together.

13 Nights
DEPARTING: January 29, 2006
Valparaiso to Buenos Aires
Regal Princess
Ocean View from $1,499!

2/11, 2/24 & 3/9/06 sailings also available. Itineraries vary.

Good luck.

Regal Princess 4/03
Norwegian Star 11/03
Norwegian Wind 4/04
Dawn Princess 5/04
Norwegian Wind 9/04
Carnival Spirit 11/04
Norwegian Wind 3/05
Holland America Ryndam 5/05(2, back 2 back)
Carnival Liberty 9/05
NCL America, Pride of America 12/05
Norwegian Wind 4/06
Carnival Liberty 11/06
Old July 5th, 2005, 11:08 AM
iluvcruzing2

Thanks for the info Chazz. I'll be checking out those intineraries shortly.

I was actually debating on whether or not to specify a female roommate -- I've had only female roommates in the past, so I kind of know what is expected of them (and of myself). Not sure how to explore the male roommate possibility. Hmmm, something to think about!
Old July 5th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Familiar Face

i would loooooove to do rio de janiero on a cruise ship.....any interest in exploring that?...male 48

Old July 6th, 2005, 03:50 PM
iluvcruzing2

Default Re: Re: Looking for Cruise Roommate

Actually, I saw that Celebrity's Infinity has a nice cruise on Feb. 19 that starts/ends in Buenos Aires and spends 3 days in Rio. It does look very enticing!
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Familiar Face

I looked up that cruise and it looks awesome...I'd love to see Argentina too!...My dilemma is that it is in February and that seems too soon for me as I am already taking time off from work at the end of October/November...March maybe but the cruise wasnt available then..I did see the same cruise ship touring Chile in March...another place i long to visit...if I can convince myself that I can be gone from work for 2 weeks...I'd be interested in that one..does that one interest you?

Old July 7th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi,

Cruise to SA in January sounds great - I am partial to Princess. Which itinerary are you interested in? Would also consider Greek Isles cruise in May. I prefer a balcony cabin - don't know if this appeals to you. We can talk off line also if you prefer - just write to me at my e-mail address. I am also female, single 40s (non smoker). Pretty easy going and always looking to meet new cruise buddies.

Jeana
Old July 8th, 2005, 11:26 AM
iluvcruzing2

rodnarf -- I think the itinerary suggested by Chazz above is similar to the March Infinity itinerary for a lot less. To be honest though, that itinerary isn't as high on my list as the Rio one and some others (Australia, Greece). I believe it's a lot colder, especially way down south there. Brrrr

Jeana -- Greece in May is definitely worth considering. I'll e-mail you privately about that. Yes, I also prefer the balcony cabins as well.
Old July 8th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Looks like balcony cabins are not available (at least for now) for any of the South America Princess cruises in Jan/Feb 06. Perhaps some will open later.

Anyone else interested in the Greek Isles cruise May 22, 2006:

Venice, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Olympia, Athens, Mykonos, Ephesus, Rhodes, Santorini, Naples, Rome

I think this is the one for me. Leaves on the weekends, so extra time in Venice and Rome before / after the cruise.

Perhaps we could get a group of singles going.

Old July 8th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Passenger

OK. I'd love to do the Mediterranean with you guys. Since I'm already booked(Carnival Liberty, September 30) you could come along on the same cruise. I'd love to see more singles on board.

Regal Princess 4/03
Norwegian Star 11/03
Norwegian Wind 4/04
Dawn Princess 5/04
Norwegian Wind 9/04
Carnival Spirit 11/04
Norwegian Wind 3/05
Carnival Liberty 9/05
Norwegian Wind 4/06
Carnival Liberty 11/06
Old July 8th, 2005, 03:24 PM
iluvcruzing2

Wow Chazz, that's a great itinerary! And having 3 sea days nicely spaced out will give you time to recoup some energy. I did a similar cruise last summer (not Dubrovnik or Messina). September 30 is a little too soon for me now though as I have a Thanksgiving cruise lined up. Are you part of a group on this cruise or on your own? Would you be up to a Greek Isles cruise next summer? I like Jeana's idea of getting a group together.
Old July 8th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Passenger

I like this cruise too. I'm travelling solo: a couple of days in London and three in Rome prior to the cruise.
I don't know about next Summer, yet, but I'll keep in touch. Have a great weekend.

Aloha,
Chazz

Regal Princess 4/03
Norwegian Star 11/03
Norwegian Wind 4/04
Dawn Princess 5/04
Norwegian Wind 9/04
Carnival Spirit 11/04
Norwegian Wind 3/05
Carnival Liberty 9/05
Norwegian Wind 4/06
Carnival Liberty 11/06
Old July 9th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Phyllis Ventura

I am looking for similar and also am a planner like way out down the line to save for it, or in a month. . . Have done So. America and Mediteranean (both GREAT) but not Australia. and have never done the river cruises of Europe or Amazon . . .hmmm how about the Panama Canal?? I would love to do a luxury ship for once. . . I am 59 (just), widowed a LONG time, 15 yrs, moved to AZ in 2003 but do I ever need a roommate to share that cost. . I don't drink or smoke. Very conservative so I am good at leaving you alone when you want to stay up all night. . .My stamina needs working on. Used to ballroom dance but some nasty rheumatology problems cropped up. . .not to be in a wheelchair. . hope to hear from you. . . somehow/
Old July 10th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Ferret

because of this thread I checked out the Celebrity Infinity cruise that spends 3 days in Rio....were you aware that that is during Carnaval?

I am interested in this, especially since I was on the Infinity last year and it was beautiful. The problem is that Celebrity has a 200% single supplement. BOO!
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:09 AM
Rascal Rider

Hi,
My name is Ruth and I live in Santa Barbara, CA. I use a mobility scooter and I love to cruise. I am recently retired and have 32 cruises under my belt. I have been looking at March 9, 2006 ... Pacific Princess from Ft Lauderdale to Capetown/S Africa and then perhaps staying aboard to Singapore. I know that the shore excursions may not be suited to the use of a scooter, but I am willing to take a gamble. I am independent, but have a neuromuscular disease, so must use scooter now for distances. I am easy-going and don't feel the need to be locked at the hip. I am more of an observer now than a participant in shipboard activities, but love to root on the revelers!

I am also looking for someone to share with me this Sept 9, 2005 for a 10-day Baltic and St Ptersburg, Russia .... Sept 22, 2005 for a 17-day Trans-Atlantic, Iceland and Greenland ... and a Oct 9, 2005 Western Caribbean ... all on Star Princess. Are you intersted in any of these?

If interested email me and we can exchange more info and photos.

Non-smoker and non-drinker (for the most part).

Ruth
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:15 AM
iluvcruzing2

Hi Phyllis, Ferret and Ruth! Thanks for responding.

There are so many great opportunities to consider! But right now, I'm considering either of these two cruises for the first few months of 2006. I'm trying to wrap up some personal business that will tell which one for sure.

02/19/06 Celebrity Infinity's 14-day cruise of South America has some merits. I was on this ship thru the Panama Canal, and it is a great ship! Airfare might be more reasonable because this cruise starts and ends in the same city. I just received one of my travel magazines that featured Buenos Aires and it discussed something about international tango exhibitions that I believe would be during this time. (Phyllis, I too am an ex-ballroom dancer, and so appreciate the beauty of the tango (especially when I'm the spectator!!).)

03/21/06 Princess has a 12-day cruise that starts in Sydney, Australia and ends in Auckland, New Zealand that also looks great. It would allow some time beforehand to spend in Sydney.

Ruth -- your ideas sound wonderful. But the 2005 trips are too soon for me. Maybe others will be able to discuss that with you.

I'm going to shoot for one of these in the first few months of 2006 with the hopes that there will be more opportunities to cruise the other itinerary in early 2007. I'm also hoping to do the Greek Isles cruise this summer and liked jeana's idea of getting a group for that one.

If anyone wants to discuss these cruises further, please join in or e-mail me directly! I'm always of the mindset "the more, the merrier".
Old July 19th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Fay Julia

Hi there I am in Australia. Love to cruise2. Keep in touch and let me know your plans if you like. I am open to wherever, it just has to suit the moment.
regards. Julia
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Familiar Face

are you interested in cruising Dec 25th for 9 days out of Ft. Lauderdale? email deborahwoodfield@ipsb.net if interested
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Familiar Face

Default is this possible ?

This thread is 5 years old since the last reply.