Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2005, 02:41 PM
Jordan

Default alone

I had hoped that, sooner or later, I might have connected with a woman somewhere close to my own age who was willing to share a cruise cabin with a man, but it's starting to appear to be unlikely. Understandable, I suppose, because most women will presume that a man only wants to travel with her with an expectation of sex as part of the deal, whether that's what he's asking for or not. Seems so much easier for two straight women to hook up for a cruise than it is for men. I just can't bring myself to share a cabin with another man, regardless of sexual orientation. Maybe its the result of having been married so many years and, when that ended, I found that I really didn't know many other women and none I care to travel with even if they were interested. Yes, I could cruise as a single despite the greater expense but I'm not a great "mingler" and I visualize myself as being pretty much alone for a week, even with 2000 other people on board. I've seen many women on this board who complain that not enough men in their age groups want to go on cruises. Do they wonder why that is?
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2005, 02:02 AM
Admiral

Default Re: alone

I think rooming with a stranger is scary man or woman, I recently took a singles cruise and got very lucky with a great cabin mate of the same sex., though she was married. Singles cruise groups will NOT room you with a woman, they would only look for a same sex roomate for you due to liabilty reasons.

My advice is try a man or go alone, but book with a singles group, if your social you should at least make some friends,
(many people who take these are people who simply don't want to be alone on vacation, they may be in a relationship but their partner can't travel or does not enjoy it, some are not necessarily looking for romance, though some are)

If you talk to people and socialize hopefully you will meet a lady friend who in the future would be willing to travel with you. As for me I meet a bunch of nice people on my singles cruise, our group bonded quickly and I always ran into them all over the ship, I was seldom without company. Now we are keeping in touch via e mail, and I hope to see them again on a future trip. As for rooming with a man, you really don't hang out too much in your cabin on a cruise (way too much to do elsewhere) so I say give it a shot, unless you can afford the singles supplement.
Old July 3rd, 2005, 08:03 AM
Jordan

Thanks. By now, I've pretty much conluded that, if I really want to get away, I better just try to go it alone. The off-season rates aren't too awful, even with the singles supplement tacked on.
Old July 21st, 2005, 09:05 PM
Nona

Jordan

What is your age bracket?

Where do you want to cruise?

I need a roommate for New Amsterdam, 12-22-05-1-06-06. From San Diego to Hawaii and return.

My roommate's granddaughter is coming home from Switzerland Business/Financial school for Christmas. She is bringing her intended, who is a doctor. She wants Grandmother to give her approval

I have early dinning and at a reasonable rate.

My brother's daughter's son lives in Honolulu and will be giving us the "Cook's Tour".
I also have a military pass for base and PX.

Just wondering..........................? Another couple are going along.

Nona
Old July 23rd, 2005, 02:37 PM
Jordan

Default Re: Re: alone

Thank you for the kind offer but due to funding limitations and other personal considerations, I don't feel that I can do Hawaii at this time. I'm pretty much limited to the Caribbean from an east coast port for now. I do appreciate your offer.
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:33 PM
footprints in the sand

Hello!
I am new to this message board, but travel frequently. No one wants to pay the single supplement, trust me. If your interested in "just travel" look me up. Recently my friends and I are finding it difficult to sync our schedules. So here I am! I am a soon to be 40 year old woman, non smoking, heterosexual, considerate. To have a roomate does not mean being joined at the hip, but if you find that you found a new friend, then you can do all the other activities...
Also, I am booked on a singles cruise Dec11th-18th..Costa Med. For more info on this, look up, vacationstogo.com. Look under singles cruises...

Shauna
Old July 28th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Jordan

Default Re: Re: alone

Hi Shauna,

I'm not looking for someone to sleep with. There are less expensive ways to accomplish that goal if that was what I was looking for. I would like to cruise with someone who can carry on an interesting conversation at mealtimes and if we decided to do other things together, e.g. shop, tour, sun, etc., all the better but not required. I don't smoke and don't drink much. I also don't own a tux (but have lots of suits) so my style isn't very formal. In hot weather, my usual attitude is, " if I can't wear shorts, I don't want to go there". Obviously, that doesn't work well on a ship, so I do dress appropriately for dinner.

Jordan
Old July 28th, 2005, 12:55 PM
footprints in the sand

Default Re: Re: Re: alone

Hello Jordan!
I am sorry that my message to you was misunderstood.
A singles cruise is for singles, meaning that a group of people interested in travel are matched with the same sex to AVOID paying the supplement. I don't dispute the fact that people might have other agendas, but if you signed on, you do not have to attend the functions if you choose not to. Anyway, I was just trying to help...
Good Luck...
Old October 7th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Passenger

I MIGHT OF MISSED IT, BUT HOW OLD ARE YOU.....I AM 48...
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Beginner

To ridinsolo:

I'm 66. Too old?