CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   singles cruise - caribbean (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/284494-singles-cruise-caribbean.html)

Nancy55 August 19th, 2005 06:30 AM

singles cruise - caribbean

I am a single 50 yr old f looking for a great singles cruise to the caribbean and for a cabin mate to share expenses. I love to snorkel and new to scuba. Would love any ideas as to the best singles cruise's as this would be my first.

Harbahqueen August 19th, 2005 12:20 PM

Re: singles cruise - caribbean

Hi Nancy,

I , too, am single and 49. I will be 50 in March. I have decided to go on my first cruise to celebrate my 50th.. and a new chapter in my life..:-). I have checked out a lot of the cruises for info and, and discoverd this CM site, which is unbelievably helpful. I have decided I most likely will go on the Singlescruise.com "Spring Fling" Mar. 12-19 out of San Juan. Any interest in talking and seeing if we might do it together? I am also looking for a cabinmate.. and to share expenses. You can email me at Mrodes321@aol.com. I am also lively and looking for new adventures.

Maureen

CaptainJim August 26th, 2005 12:59 AM

Hi Nancy. I'm a SWM52, and I live in central Florida (the cruise capital of the WORLD!).
I've been on 22 cruises in the last ten years, including twice on Windstar ( my all-time
favorite!) I've organized group cruises for as many as 53 people, my most recent cruise was w/ Royal Caribbean in April '05 which I organized for my mother, three sisters & six brothers & all their kids. (we had a blast!) Most of my cruises, however, have been with a single cruisemate, usually first-timers, age 20 to 80. I've been most everywhere in the Caribbean, but I'm always looking for new places. I love introducing people to cruising, and I know all the tricks to minimizing hassles and maximizing the whole cruise experience for those who sail with me.
I love cruising so much that I went to school & became a licensed travel agent (though I've never actually worked as a TA) just to learn more about the cruise industry.
Why Captain Jim? Because I am a USCG licensed Captain (really!) and I'd rather be at sea any day than stuck on shore, and modern cruise ships are THE way to go.
Right now the best itinerary I see is Princess out of Ft Lauderdale. Their 7,10 and 14 day cruises have several ports-of-call that look exciting.. If you're interested & wanna have the time of your life - contact me and let's talk about it. The ONE THING I've learned about cruising is that it's not the ship or where you're going- it's who you're with that makes all the difference.

Seeking SWF for Cruise August 27th, 2005 09:51 AM

Hi Nancy,

This is my first cruise as well and looking for a roommate to share cabin with. Im a single mother 41 and love to travel. This year I decide to go on my own, last year I took my 6yr son to Hawaii with me and we had a great time snorkeling and swimming.

I have already booked a inside cabin for a cruise that is leaving out of Fort Lauderdale on Sept 24th returning on Oct 1st. Im a non smoker and medium bulit, and very easy going and love to shop, snorkel and have a few drinks on the beach. Here is the Itinerary for the cruise if your intersted please email me at tgboogie2001@yahoo.com and we can discuss further.

DAY DESTINATION ARRIVAL DEPARTURE EXCURSION
1 Fort Lauderdale 5:00 PM View >>
2 Princess Cays 9:30 AM 4:30 PM View >>
3 At Sea
4 Ocho Rios 7:00 AM 5:00 PM View >>
5 Grand Cayman 7:00 AM 4:00 PM View >>
6 Cozumel 8:00 AM 6:00 PM View >>
7 At Sea
8 Fort Lauderdale 7:00 AM View >>

Nancy55 September 10th, 2005 06:10 PM

Okay...so.....with CaptainJim's help...I have narrowed it down to the Jan 17th Princess cruise to the Caribbean....10 days of great snorkeling, sightseeing, cruising....anyone else interested? It is not a singles cruise...but we can still enjoy it as singles...on our own itinerary...