CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Gay man looking for cruise partner (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/284527-gay-man-looking-cruise-partner.html)

Tom in Seattle September 5th, 2005 09:06 AM

Gay man looking for cruise partner

Gay man, 58, airline pilot. Looking for someone to share cabin on future cruises and avoid the single supplement thing. Live in Seattle. I often have to pass up a good "interline" deal because I can't find anyone else to go and I really dislike being a single. And who knows what might develop? Any age, race.

waterskier1 September 5th, 2005 06:43 PM

Re: Gay man looking for cruise partner

Hi Tom,

I'm a young 52 y/o SGWM in Colorado. I would be interested in cruising if the schedule worked. Usually, all I need is a few weeks notice, but sometimes I have weeks where I can't go all all. I know this makes short notice trips harder. Previously, my Ex and I planned months in advance, trying to take advantage of any airfare specials we could find - since there are no cruises departing Colorado :-(

Peter D September 19th, 2005 08:26 PM

My bags are always packed. I am 59 GDWM, non-smoker, non-snorer, an early riser, an almost complete teetotaler and a neat freak. Recently returned from overseas so have no permanent location---currently in Ft Lauderdale, soon in Scottsdale, then near Savanah during Oct and Nov.
Cruising as a single on RSS Voyager from Ft Lauderdale 05-12 Dec '05---it is a chocolate-themed cruise---you are welcome to consider joining me. Peter

phazer59 September 29th, 2005 08:20 PM

Did you come up with a cruisemate yet? I would be interested in doing a cruise in Dec, Jan, or Feb. got a flyer in Email for 6 nights at $539 for a balcony on royal caribbean. write back if interested (PHAZER59 at AOL)
John

rob40cruiser October 1st, 2005 01:12 PM

Hey Guys:

Masculine, SGWM, from Ontario, Canada. Love to cruise. Would be great to find someone to share costs with to avoid single supplement. Friendly, laid-back, casual kind of guy. Not a big partier. Looking to cruise in 2006. Very flexible schedule. If interested, email me at rob400505@yahoo.com.

ridinsolo October 8th, 2005 12:41 PM

hi....

are you looking for a gay male or will a female who does not have homofobia do? i'll sail anywhere anytime if you just want someone to hang with....andi

ahhh October 12th, 2005 01:35 AM

Looking for Travel Companion

Hi Tom and everybody else.

I am looking to share an inside cabin on Celebrity Summit's January 2, 2006, sailing to Hawaii. It leaves out of Los Angeles on a 14 day round trip. I am looking to share with another non smoker. Not looking for romance but another fun person (male or female) to sail with. I LOVE cruising and this will be my 6th cruise (second on Celebrity).

I made the booking about a year ago for $1038.00 PP, which is an incredible deal. None of my friends are available at that time. Let me know if you are interested.

Happy cruising, David

Cruisinisfun October 17th, 2005 10:36 AM

hey everyone

So where and when are we cruising? I love to cruise so I am always game. 33 yo here

Cruisinisfun October 23rd, 2005 06:10 PM

So where did everyone disappear to?

queenkarp November 16th, 2005 10:26 AM

Cruisinisfun:
I also live in central NJ. Am a 48 year old single female in desparate need of a vacation prior to January (tax season). Gay, straight, whatever. I always go with an open mind and no expectations.
Ann

Cruisinisfun November 21st, 2005 09:10 PM

Hey Ann, how are you, where are you looking to cruise to?

seattleguy37 November 26th, 2005 03:15 PM

I'd be willing to go with a couple months notice (I work full time). I live in Seattle so planning the details would be easy (like over coffee). I'm only 36 though. I know you said any age, but I'm not sure you planned on that big of a difference. I'm straight-appearing, nonscene and extroverted. I also don't drink or smoke and VERY quiet. Not sure if I snore cuse I'm single. Doesn't matter if you do, cuse I use earplugs.

queenkarp November 27th, 2005 11:58 PM

Cruisinisfun:
I am ready to go on a cruise prior to the end of the year. Preferably 7 nights in the caribbean. I am a light smoker and would prefer a balcony. If you can pack in a hurry, email me

MrMapt January 15th, 2006 04:52 PM

HI, going April 15 on NCL Sun. Have balcony room booked. Looking for a possible cabin mate

53 SWM - non smoking open minded. :D

ridinsolo January 26th, 2006 02:01 PM

hi tom

i live in northern california...I will assume that the cruises you take leave from the west coast ports? at least some of the time?

well, my bags are always packed....

i am 49, a retired nurse, female, and the kids flew the coop..so now i want to go out and play with kids my own age....like you hate to pay single fees.....

annie
?

willdubron March 12th, 2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom in Seattle (Post 595584)
Gay man, 58, airline pilot. Looking for someone to share cabin on future cruises and avoid the single supplement thing. Live in Seattle. I often have to pass up a good "interline" deal because I can't find anyone else to go and I really dislike being a single. And who knows what might develop? Any age, race.

it sound s very interesting - thanks

willdubron March 12th, 2013 11:41 PM

You gave me a giggle when I read your note about "neat freak" - I wish I was such but I just cannot get there !!!

willdubron March 12th, 2013 11:49 PM

sorry - just saw that your posting was in 2005.....

willdubron March 12th, 2013 11:53 PM

Are you still there ? I just foudn this site ! Will

AZCRUISER65 March 21st, 2013 04:14 PM

Tom,

Saw your post and I too do not enjoy the single supplement. I am retired and can go on short notice. I am 72 yo retired healthcare exec and enjoy cruising especially longer ones. Done most of my cruising on Holland and Princess but open to any - not sure about Carnival at this time.

Let me know if you would like to talk.

Bob

stbarts March 21st, 2013 07:46 PM

This thread is 7 1/2 years old!!!!!!!!!! rofl

Look at the posting date in the upper left hand of the original post. :shock:

Surfguyxxx1 March 21st, 2013 07:57 PM

Thanks STBARTS

Out with the old and in with then new; 7+ years later.:confused:

bgbailey1 March 23rd, 2013 01:23 PM

I love cruising and looking for travel mate. To discuss further email me: bgbailey1@hotmail.com

Gay white male 5'8" 165lbs 57 years old

ravenswood March 29th, 2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom in Seattle (Post 595584)

I plan on a seven day out of Seattle, Star Princess, July 27th, the itinerary includes the Tracy Arm and would be willing to consider sharing the stateroom.

ravenswood April 6th, 2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterskier1 (Post 595589)
Hi Tom,

I'm a young 52 y/o SGWM in Colorado. I would be interested in cruising if the schedule worked. Usually, all I need is a few weeks notice, but sometimes I have weeks where I can't go all all. I know this makes short notice trips harder. Previously, my Ex and I planned months in advance, trying to take advantage of any airfare specials we could find - since there are no cruises departing Colorado :-(

Waterskier1

Would you be interested in sharing an inside on a seven night cruise from Seatlle to Alaska on the Star Princess 27 July 2013? I am a GWM in my sixties, from Chicago but I live in Orlando. I don't drink alcoholic beverages or smoke and would prefer a non smoker and if you drink alcohol, then I would prefer a room mate who drinks moderately. (I hope that doesn't sound like a "Felix Unger". lol) John

ravenswood April 6th, 2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCRUISER65 (Post 1468059)
Tom,

Saw your post and I too do not enjoy the single supplement. I am retired and can go on short notice. I am 72 yo retired healthcare exec and enjoy cruising especially longer ones. Done most of my cruising on Holland and Princess but open to any - not sure about Carnival at this time.

Let me know if you would like to talk.

Bob

Hi Bob:

I am a retired attorney, SGWM, interested in sharing an inside on a seven day cruise on the Star Princess from Seattle to Alaska 27 July 2013. I am from Chicago but live in Orlando. I would prefer a non smoker and non drinker, but moderate consumption of alcohol is fine with me. John

Randyottaway April 21st, 2013 10:43 PM

I'm a youthful 57 y/o CPA in Phoenix; also looking for a cruise mate. I prefer Europe but am open to other cruises. I do like sun & beach. Currently I'm looking at a cruise for 8 days in Norway; June 1 - 8 in/out of Copenhagen. I'm trying to wrap this trip around an event that I need to attend on the east coast on June 14 - 16.

AZCRUISER65 April 22nd, 2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenswood (Post 1469388)
Hi Bob:

I am a retired attorney, SGWM, interested in sharing an inside on a seven day cruise on the Star Princess from Seattle to Alaska 27 July 2013. I am from Chicago but live in Orlando. I would prefer a non smoker and non drinker, but moderate consumption of alcohol is fine with me. John

Hi John,

Lets discuss this trip. I have been to Alaska before but do enjoy this cruise. I like Princess and have not cruised on the Star yet. What type of cabin are you looking at? I am a Gold member and looking for any cruise that Princess has especially the longer ones. Write me at RL4309@powerc.net.Bob

ken45 April 26th, 2013 03:34 PM

NYC

56 yr old prof. AA gent is interested.

Peace,

Ken

The single man April 26th, 2013 04:53 PM

Hi.

I'm in the same boat, not literally, but luv travel, but not solo. I would like to find someone to share costs and get to know; become friends