Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Jeanny

Default Looking for a cabinmate

Hi,

I'm thinking about going on a cruise in mid to late October/early November, any destination, and am looking for a female cabinmate just so I don't have to pay the single supplement. We can do things together or separately whatever.

I've cruised before with bigger groups (usually about 200 people) and shared cabins with women I didn't know before.

I'm 38 years old, quiet, love walking and music, hate formal nights, don't smoke, drink or snore.

Anybody interested?

Jeanny
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Yvonne

Default Re: Looking for a cabinmate

Hi Jeany, I'm very much interested. I posted the note below you "Looking for a cruise partner for Nov. cruise." I had my eye on one to the Bahamas (Carnival) for 5-days leaving in early Nov. out of Ft. Lauderdale for only $299 inside cabin but I'll definitely consider others. I'm 44 also quiet, also love walking and music, don't smoke or snore. I think we'd be a good match. Let me know what cruises you were thinking about.

Yvonne
Old September 6th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Jeanny

Default Re: Re: Looking for a cabinmate

> I had my eye on one to the Bahamas (Carnival) for 5-days leaving in early Nov. out of Ft. Lauderdale for only $299 inside cabin but I'll definitely consider others.

Do you have any details about that cruise (especially ports)? I have been to Florida (Tampa, Miami, Key West etc.) last year and it's not exactly where I wanted to go again. On the other hand, I've never been to the Bahamas.
I prefer an outside cabin. It's more expensive but one can see daylight, the sun, the weather.

> Let me know what cruises you were thinking about.

I don't really know: Id be interested in a European cruise (Canary Islands), one out of New York (I'd like to go there for a few days before or afterwards) or a Transatlantic cruise. But Bahamas, Bermuda or the Caribbean would also be okay, depending on the ports. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Jeanny
Old September 6th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Sue99

Where are you located?
I've booked the Nov. 20 11-day cruise on NCL's Dawn out of NYC.
Would still consider cabin mate.

Do you happen to play backgammon?

I'm good on my own during the day but it's fun to share a game
in the evening.

Prefer no phones, no TV, am an early riser. 45 straight female
(boyfriend doesn't travel with me), non-smoker, quiet.

Sue
Old September 6th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Jeanny

> I had my eye on one to the Bahamas (Carnival) for 5-days leaving in early Nov. out of Ft. Lauderdale for only $299 inside cabin but I'll definitely consider others.

Do you have any details about that cruise (especially ports)? I have been to Florida (Tampa, Miami, Key West etc.) last year and it's not exactly where I wanted to go again. On the other hand, I've never been to the Bahamas.
I prefer an outside cabin. It's more expensive but one can see daylight, the sun, the weather.

> Let me know what cruises you were thinking about.

I don't really know: Id be interested in a European cruise (Canary Islands), one out of New York (I'd like to go there for a few days before or afterwards) or a Transatlantic cruise. But Bahamas, Bermuda or the Caribbean would also be okay, depending on the ports. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Jeanny
Old September 6th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Jeanny

First of all sorry for the double post. It wasn't intended.

> Where are you located?

Europe (Germany to be exact). Where are you located?

> I've booked the Nov. 20 11-day cruise on NCL's Dawn out of NYC. Would still consider cabin mate.

Sounds good. Do you have any details about the cruise (ports of call)?

> Do you happen to play backgammon?

No, I don't. I've never played and don't know the rules. Wouldnt mind to try it.

> Prefer no phones, no TV, am an early riser. 45 straight female
(boyfriend doesn't travel with me), non-smoker, quiet.

I don't even have a mobile phone, like to watch TV on occasion. What's early for you? I usually get up at 8/8.30 on a cruise because I want to have a decent breakfast before going to see the sights.

Jeanny
Old September 7th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Sue99

Default Re: Re: Re: Looking for a cabinmate

I'm in Burlington, Vermont. Will take the train to NYC on Sat. Nov 19 and stay at the
Best Western Convention Center that night, just a few blocks from cruise ship piers.
Cruise departs NYC at 5 pm Nov. 20, at sea two days, arrive Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Wed at noon, Thurs - Grand Cayman, Fri - Roatan, Honduras, Sat - Belize, Sun - Cozumel, Mon - at sea, Tues - Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, Wed - at sea, arrive
NYC Thurs 12/1 10 am.
I will then take taxi to Newark, New Jersey airport and fly home.
All cruise info can be found at www.ncl.com Norwegian Dawn sailing 11/20.

I mostly don't like TV playing late into the night or when I'm trying to read. Do
enjoy a good movie on TV sometimes.
I'm not a noisy early riser - would probably get up around 7:00 and walk deck
for an hour before breakfast.

Sounds like we're compatible so far - more questions?
You can see me at www.bannersunlimited.com

I've never met someone online before - what should I be asking!!??

Sue
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Yvonne

Default Re: Re: Re: Looking for a cabinmate

Jeanny - The Bahamas cruise is out of Ft. Lauderdale and it goes to Nassau and a private island and I believe stops in Key West too.

I've been to Mexico and I've been to the Bahamas and I liked the Bahamas better.

Yvonne
Old September 8th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Jeanny

Sue,

I sent you a private e-mail but it was returned: Client host [...] blocked using

Jeanny
Old September 8th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Sue99

Did you use banners@surfglobal.net ?

Sue
Old September 8th, 2005, 11:34 AM
LarissaSoCAL

HI
I am tyring to go on the 8 night exotic cruise in the southern carribean on oct 24th - i dont smoke but i do like to go out and have fun - I do like to get dressed up though I will be honest. are you interested? if so, you can reach me at mstabitha2003@hotmail.com
let me know asap as they are almost sold out
L