Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Beginner

Default Retired Female Senior CitizenSeeking Travel Companion

I am a retired, female, senior citizen seeking a female travel companion. I live in Guadalahara, Jal, Mex. and willing to fly to departure port within reason. I speak Spanish fluently and am contemplating a cruise and/or land tour to Spain, Italy, Greece for l4+ days, in Aug. 06 but am very flexible and open to suggestions. Don't let the "senior citizen" bit cause you any trepidation. I am healthy, energetic, love to laugh, dance and have fun as well as sightseeing, shopping, making new friends and exploring the wonders of each port. I do not smoke, like wine with dinner, am neat, clean and easy to get along with. Equally fine solo or together when mutually agreed. Mostly a night person but up and ready when the situation demands it.

aida
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Beginner

Default Norwegian Jewel Fall '06 cruises

Hi Aida
I am 58 y.o. woman currently not working due to hip problems but I'm having my hip replaced in a month so I should be fine by Sept '06 when I have 2 back to back Meditarranean cruises booked on Norwegian Cruise Lines newest ship, Jewel. I was supposed to be going with my ex sister-in-law but she is fighting cancer and won't be able to do the trip.

Both cruises are 12 days with fantasic intineries:

12-Day Egypt & Greek Isles - Norwegian Jewel 2006: Sep 27
Wed 9/27 Athens (Piraeus), Greece - - 6:00pm
Thu. 9/28 Katakolon, Greece 9:00am 5:00pm
Fri 9/29 Corfu, Greece 8:00am 4:00pm
Sat 9/30 At Sea - - - -
Sun 10/1 Alexandria, Egypt 7:00am - -
Mon 10/2 Alexandria, Egypt - - 6:00pm
Tue 10/3 At Sea - - - -
Wed 10/4 Iraklion, Greece 8:00am 6:00pm
Thu 10/5 Santorini, Greece 8:00am 6:00pm
Fri 10/6 Mykonos, Greece 8:00am 9:30pm
Sat 10/7 Izmir, Turkey 8:00am 5:00pm
Sun 10/8 Istanbul, Turkey 12:30pm Overnight
Mon 10/9 Istanbul, Turkey 6:00am*

12-Day Classic Mediterranean - Norwegian Jewel 2006: Oct 9
Mon 10/09 Istanbul, Turkey - - 3:00pm
Tue 10/10 Istanbul, Turkey - - 8:00pm
Cruise Sea Of Marmara - - - -
Wed 10/11 Cruise Dardanelles - - - -
Thu 10/12 Athens (Piraeus), Greece 7:00am 8:00pm
Fri 10/13 Cruise Ionian Sea - - - -
Sat 10/14 Dubrovnik, Croatia 7:00am 5:00pm
Sun 10/15 Venice, Italy 10:00am - -
Mon 10/16 Venice, Italy - - 2:00pm
Tue 10/17 Cruise Adriatic Sea - - - -
(Optional Tour To Pompeii Available) - - - -
Wed 10/18 Naples, Italy 7:00am 7:00pm
Thu 10/19 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 7:00am 8:00pm
Fri 10/20 Cruise Mediterranean Sea - - - -
Sat 10/21 Barcelona, Spain 6:00am* - -

I have booked an amazing cabin - It's a handicap balcony cabin which was reclassified into a suite with Butler service for the same price $5255 with taxes & insurance but no air for both cruises. I am very good at booking transportation and can do it cheaper than the cruise line was offering. I don't know how it would work if I had a different cabin mate for each cruise but I imagine that could be okay if you only want to do one of the cruises.

Although I am having health problems at the moment, everyone tells me what great attitude I have - I just smile and say that a bad attitude doesn't make anything better. I am a very happy, positive person who also loves to laugh, am very energetic, love sightseeing, making new friends and having new experiences- I'm trying to shop less as I have far too much stuff but my efforts aren't succeeding as I love shopping too much to stop.

I don't smoke and am unable to drink as I have endless food allergies which makes cruising perfect for me. I give them my can eat & can't eat lists and they treat me like a princess.
I'm a night person but get up at dawn to see a new port. I'm very organized and also easy to get along with. I enjoy sharing meals & experiences but am also happy to go it alone.

You sound like just the person I would enjoy sharing my cabin with. I hope this will work out

Bonnie
Old February 22nd, 2006, 03:43 PM
Beginner

Hi Bonnie: Thanks for answering my post. You sound great, a person I would most certainly like to meet and travel with. At the present time I have a land-tour planned in May through Spain, France and Italy and I can only do one tour a year. Perhaps we can get together next year, I'd like that. Also, perhaps you can visit me in Guadalahara. Keep in touch.

Aida
Old February 22nd, 2006, 04:24 PM
Beginner

Hi Aida
I'd like to meet you too. Sorry it won't work out this year, but hopefully we'll be able to do one in the future. Unfortunately due to my food allergies, cruising is the way I need to travel these days so land trips aren't in my future. I'll let you know about my plans - my email is bkarrin@sbcglobal.net. what's yours?
Bonnie
Old February 23rd, 2006, 06:15 PM
Beginner

Hi Bonnie: My email is: artexter@prodigy. net.mx.

Keep in touch. Good luck on your cruises.

Aida
Old March 8th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Passenger

Aida
My apologies for replying when your request states a Female
but from your request it would appear we would be acceptble cabin mates.
I am semi-retired age 63, love to cruise, dance and have wine with dinner,
do not speak spanish but am currently enrolled in an evening conversational spanish course.,,, Would love to cruise Spain Italy or Greece..anytime late 2006.....
again my apologies but I could not help but reply
thanks Pat
from Dallas Texas