Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2006, 10:56 AM
Passenger

Default Single Senior Ciitizens UNITE

I have posted a similiar topic recently and have had 43 viewings..
If the majority of these are in fact Senior Citizens Single and want to cruise
Why dont we unite and leave your emails and maybe we can agree on a Cruise line and Destination for the end part of this year and have our own
singles cruise....If we can reserve 10 to 15 cabins on the same ship we all should get some type of discount....Maybe Pat Hagen could help coordinate this....any interest??????
PatMack@airmail.net
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Beginner

Default Interested in 9 day cruise on Feb 9th

Single Retired 58 years Male. Non Smoker. First time on cruise. Interested in above Celebrity cruise. E mail at EWU1977 for any information needed.
Old June 14th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Beginner

count me in
LindySued@yahoo.com
Old June 15th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Banned
Familiar Face

Default hard to arrange

Hi...hate to burst bubbles but from what I have seen on this site and others and a newsgroup, it is really hard to arrange these sort of things as "group consensus"...

There are many threads here, but hard to really "connect' the dots, there are so many choices

I think it might be nice if Pat Hagen arranged a singles cruise, but there are so many already in the works. They have the singles cruise calendar there

This site, and another, have "group" cruises, they sometimes have good rates.

However, I have noticed here that many people will post they are looking to cruise but they either have some specific cruise in mind, OR they are just looking I guess?? I have not seen that many "matchups" truly come together

I have posted a group rate cruise that is really affordable on the Valor Western out of Miami, and they also have some really good rates in early fall.. I just booked on the Carribean Princess Singles Halloween Cruise too

From what I have seen on both the singles cruises and the group cruises on cruise boards, the easiest ones to fill are the more "standard" cruises, like 7 night east or west carribean or maybe exotic west carribean
out of South Florida

For west coast cruisers, the 7 night mexican cruises seem popular.

The thing on this board often is that people have some "esoteric" or exotic cruise they want a roommate for : ie, a repositioning cruise, a cruise in europe, etc or a cruise out of the "other" ports. Those might not appeal to as many people.

Getting people here to "agree" or commit to some particular cruise seems pretty hard, that is why the established "singles' cruise agents do better, they pick a popular, easy to sell ship/cruise/destination and offer a good rate and "perks" (ie, singles party, room credit whatever) then they advertise and they fill the cruise I guess

I went on one in May that was not a major player and it turned out to be more just a roommate matching service , so apparently these are NOT so easy to fill unless you have the backing and experience to advertise and promote them.

You might want to look at the calendar they have here for the cruises...also IF Pat was to put together something for exotic west carrib I would be interested late summer, or early dec tee hee <grin>

see..we all have picky picky interests I do think haha

If anyone is still interested in a cheap cruise to the exotic western late summer or early dec, let me know, PM me thanks
Old June 19th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Passenger

Default Re: hard to arrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShareCruises
Hi...hate to burst bubbles but from what I have seen on this site and others and a newsgroup, it is really hard to arrange these sort of things as "group consensus"...

Good advise, thanks for steering us on a easier course.
Passenger

Quote:

Passenger

Quote:

Old June 24th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Beginner

Default Count me in - I think that's a great idea, a seniors cruise!

Old June 24th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Beginner

Default Please count me in -

Have you got a group of seniors wanting to cruise? I'd very much like to join the group. Let me know what destinations/dates have been discussed.
Old June 25th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Banned
Familiar Face

Default Re: Please count me in -

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2bzzy2cruz
Have you got a group of seniors wanting to cruise? I'd very much like to join the group. Let me know what destinations/dates have been discussed.
No....if you read over this board you will see many people post stuff but no one follows up much

like I said before..it is really hard to get any sort of group decision here

They have a list of singles cruises, established cruises, here on the board...I really think you are better off trying them

getting a bunch of people here to agree is really hard

I am still looking for a female non smoking roomie for the Valor...late august or dec 10 sailings....exotic western...some really REALLY cheap rates ..like under $500...but altho I have some people just email to chat, not any real solid takers...

I am also booked on an "established" cruise, Oct 29 on Carribean Princess....much easier JMO even tho we could save money other ways

the thing is....if you wait around here to find a group who could agree you could wait forever...take a look at the posts here..many ask for roomies, few reply...few go thru with it from what I see

this idea of getting 10 or 15 cabins booked?? Impossible...could never get all those people to agree

maybe the people who run this site will set up a couple cruises, that would work I think...but expecting people on this message board to agree ?? Hate to say it..but take a look at the posts here...I don't see it happening, sorry