Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Familiar Face

Default Searching for compatable cabin mate for cruising 2006

Single, adult, NON smoking female looking for compatible person to share cabin costs for cruising to Bermuda, Caribbean and other itineraries.
I have cruised extensively and want to continue but can't manage the single supplement costs anymore.
I generally cruised 3 to 4 times a year in the past. I have travelled a few times with an "unknown" cabin mate through the cruise lines and while it was fine, I thought this might provide an even better oppportunity to find someone who actually shares some common interests.
I prefer traditional style, not freestyle crusing, I dress for dinner, enjoy wine and some spirits, love history, culture, dancing, beaching and touring.
I have led an interesting life and while I am sociable, I am independent and can be left to my own persuits. I am very well travelled, especially in the Caribbean and prefer HAL, Costa, Celebrity, RCCL, MSC.
I am able to travel on short notice, am honorable and trustworthy as well as being attractive, interesting, intelligent and Fun!
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Beginner

I am a non-smoking, single, straight female interested in sharing cabin costs on some future cruises too. I have also cruised extensively but except for one solo cruise with a group, have always cruised with family. I have cruised with the cruise lines you mention, except MSC, and also like Princess as well.

Although I will be continuing to cruise with my family on occasion, I would like to cruise more but would also like to avoid the single supplement. I am very interested in cruises from Galveston and also would like to take the short coastal cruises that Princess is offering this September from Vancouver. I also prefer outside or balcony rooms.

While I don't drink alcoholic beverages, I don't object to a roomie drinking wine or socially--I just don't want to share with a partier. I prefer traditional first seating dining and also enjoy the ship activities, touring, and beach/snorkeling . But I too am independent and don't expect that we would be constant companions.

If you are interested, please post back and then perhaps we can exchange email addresses and "talk" more to determine compatibility.
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Familiar Face

Hi,
Thanks for responding. It does sound as though we might be suitable as cabin mates. If you have any interest in a cruise that begins on this side of the states please contact me! I like the Southern and Eastern routes in the Caribbean that embark from FL or Puerto Rico.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Familiar Face

Hello,
I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing the costs of taking the Queen Mary from NY to England in Nov?It would cost around for the cruise portion 900 dollars.If you would be,my email is: enigmajackson@yahoo.com

Bryan
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Beginner

Flying Dutchman, sailing out of Florida or Puerto Rico is much more difficult for me and requires much more advance planning, so I would not probably not be able to do this type of cruise before late 2007. I have much more flexiblity for cruises which sail out of Galveston. Those are not the typical Western itineraries as the ports often include Belize, Roatan, and Costa Maya.
So if your plans change and you might consider a cruise out of Galveston, let me know.
Old June 20th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Beginner

Hey Flying Dutchman,

I am looking to cruise the Caribean in Oct. I am looking at a 7 night on a Carnival Ship. I have been on 2 cruises, but that has been years ago. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you much more information.
Thanks,
Kurt
Old June 21st, 2006, 12:27 PM
Familiar Face

Hello Kurt,
I might be interested in a fall cruise to the Southern or Eastern Caribbean.
However, I do not care for the Carnival Cruise line. If you are considering other lines, let me know.
TFD
Old June 21st, 2006, 06:42 PM
Beginner

To Flying Dutchman:

I am interested in cruising the Eastern Caribbean on Dec 10-17 on HAL Westerdam, departing from Ft Lauderdale (?). My companion bailed out so I am looking for a roomie.

I am also a mature female. I don't need a constant companion, am capbale of independence but like to make new friends, too. I am a non-smoker and enjoy occasional social drinking.

I have never cruised before, but hope that this will be the first of many. A good dose of sunshine in the midst of Dec sounds so sweet!

I will check for your reply. I think maybe you emailed me before

I am from Oregon
Old June 21st, 2006, 08:42 PM
Beginner

RWJeepers, while you are waiting on your Westerdam cruise, would be interested in taking a short one or three day Pacific Coastal cruise leaving from Seattle or Vancouver on Princess in September?

There are three cruises, one which is a one day and two of which are three day. (The Dawn Princess, the Coral Princess, and the Island Princess). The one day begins in Seattle and ends in Vancouver. The three day cruises begin in Seattle or Vancouver and end in LA. Since you live in Oregon, this seems like a great option for you to get a cruise "taster" before you big 7 day cruise. Since these are considered repositioning cruises, there is very good pricing.

I posted about these short coastal cruises in a separate thread too, as I am interested in these sailings as well as sailings out of Galveston to which I responded above.

So please let me know if you are interested in one or more of these cruises. I'll be glad to provide you information about the dates and other specifics.
Old July 28th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Beginner

I am an interline employee and get great rates, but my friends are not interested. Imagine that! I am 50 and will go on any cruise from Lauderdale. I am straight, independent, and love to cruise. Let me know if you are interested.
Wendy
Old August 5th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Beginner

Ka Cruiser-after reading your post, I think we'd be very compatible, although like you, I wouldn't expect us to be constant companions. Since you seem to prefer Princess, would you consider cruising Panama on the Regal Princess, 9/24/06, round trip out of Los Angeles for $1399. Air should be about $200 or less from Houston. Let me know.

Wendy Schnell-Hi Wendy, would you consider sailing on the Volendam out of Ft. Lauderdale, 10 day Caribbean, $644 p/p, Oct-Nov '06? I'd like to either do this back to back, or in conjunction with another cruise, 7 days or longer? Please email me if interested.

Me-43, straight, swm, don't smoke, drink or snore. Not looking for romance, just roomie to share costs, and maybe have meals with on occasion.

***For the 1st time, found a cruisemate from this website for 9/24/06 cruise***
Old August 5th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Beginner

Tdcruise, unfortunately due to work requirements, I usually cannot get off work for more than seven days, so I am usually limited to cruises that are 7 days or less. So I'll have to wait until I retire to take those nice longer cruises, including the Panama Canal.

I don't prefer Princess over all cruiselines, but I do like it a lot. Those short coastal cruises I mentioned above are a great price because they are repositioning cruises. Since I live in Houston, I also sail on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity sailing out of Galveston.
Old August 16th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Passenger

Hello Flying Dutchman,
I am 51 also looking for a cruise mate. What is you connection with Holland. I am also independent, like to share activities but also like alone time. Very well traveled, international person, lived all over the world. Now want some more luxury which involves single supplements. Need travel mates of like mind, Jennifer
Old August 25th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to mauisam Send a message via Yahoo to mauisam
Default Cabinmate?

Hi Ms. Duchman,

I am 51, nonsmoker and easy going guy. I am hygienic and do not snore. I am trying to build up my cruises on Carnival (I know Carnival was not on your list, but just checking), and am looking to do 4-7 day cruises. I will be doing serveral 4 cruises out of Port Canaveral Fl. During port calls I am a professional photographer and scuba diver, but evenings I to like to dress up for traditional dinner and go to shows.

Best regards,

Sam.
Old August 25th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Passenger

Hi Sam
Thnks for your message. No I am not too interested in Carnival. What I know of the line, its more of a party atmosphere, a lot of drinking and noisy. Maybe that is not justified, but just what I hear from others.
Regards Jennifer
Old August 28th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to JoJo16

Hi There
thinking of cruising on the 15th sept for 3-4 days to the bahamas... interested??? like you would love to cruise - the single supplement s too high!!!
I am fromAustralia and am coming over for a holiday - celebrating my birthday whilst i am on the cruise.
Let me know if this may suit you.
Jo
Old August 28th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Beginner

Default Copenhagen to NY - Roommate anyone?

Looking for someone to share cabin on Star Princess Sept 22, 2006 Copenhagen to NY. I'm a 58 yo female, non smoker, just looking for someone to share expense of room.
Old September 1st, 2006, 09:42 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to dmk446

I hope to sail RC a couple of times out of Bayonne in 2007, already booked for 2006. Have used balcony suites in the past but am considering inside room to increase number of cruises. Retired.
Old September 14th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Dutchman,

I have also cruised extensively, over 20 lifetime cruises, on most of the cruise lines that you mentioned and am now cruising 3 to 4 times a year now that I am retired. I can go on a cruise on a moments notice and don't mind repeating past destinations. It is the cruise experience that I enjoy with the dancing and the fine dinning, second seating to allow time to relax and dress. I bring my Tux with me on every cruise for formal nites.

I am a 65 year old male interested in cruises, travel, dancing, cooking, wine making and gardening. I have travelled the world extensively having visited every continent and most countries. I am interested in sharing. Cruise prices are especially good for the next few months.

E-mail me direct at onfirst1@yahoo.com

James.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 11:17 AM
Passenger

Default Share cabin

Hi: I am an experienced cruiser (50+ cruises) and world traveller, straight female, retired. Have a booking for Dec. 9 from SAn Juan RT on the Sereanade of the Seas for $562 all inc. Have until Monday, Sept. 25 to pay in full or cancel.

There is also a river cruise to the Christmas Markets flying to Munich on the Danube River and returning from Budapest - 8 days on Dec. 14 $1,299.

If interested, let me know immediately as good deals sells fast, any of the two.
Thanks, Maria
Old September 24th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to fl_tpa_1956male Send a message via MSN to fl_tpa_1956male Send a message via Yahoo to fl_tpa_1956male

50, swm, non-smoker, looking for panama canal, full transit or transatlantic, probably '07. bargain cruise preferred. email me FL_tpa_1956swm@yahoo.com
Old November 14th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Beginner

Default Possible cruise together

Hi,
I've noticed your other posts and wondered if you would be interested in sharing a cabin for a cruise. I prefer something longer than 7 days, and also am not keen on Carnival. There are a number of one day sales today on Royal Caribbean (though most seem to be for 7 days), and I am also interested in the 10 cruise from Fort Lauderdale on Nov. 29, 2006 on Holland America's Amsterdam ($625 + $207 taxes + tips), or the 17 day cruise on the Golden Princess from Rome to New Orleans, Novl 29 to Dec. 16 at $800 + $55 tips. It has a lot of interesting stops in the Mediterranean.

I am a retired Humanitarian Assistance Project Officer (worked for the Canadian International Development Agency), well travelled, independent, and enjoy the fine dining on cruises. I like snorkelling, sports, foreign languages. I am a non-smoker and would hope to be a considerate cabin mate.

Please let me know if you would be interested.
All the best,
Carol
Old November 14th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Familiar Face

Just came across your profile and was immediately interested in replying to you. Booked 10 day Scandinavian Capitals cruise, 8/30/07-9/9/07 on the Star Princess. Leave Copenhage, then Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki, 2 days in St Petersburg, Tallin (Estonia), Warnemunde (Germany. It's a cuise of a lifetime. This is my 10th cruise. Went to Alaska this summer. Have had 3 cruisemates on prior cruises, one lady from the UK. All three pleasant to travel with.

A little about myself. I'm an active 68 year retired Realtor living in Vero Beach, FL. Like you, Seeking a compatible lady cruisemate to share the cruise and schare cost to avoid the single supplement. I am a gentleman and your privacy would be assured. Dble occupancy cost including everything is about $2200. Only #1200 is all I'm asking. If interested, please reply to billsimo2@juno.com
Cruisinbill
Old November 16th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Familiar Face

Default CABIN MATE: Available Most Anytime

I am a 59 year old gentleman, retired, straight, honest, considerate, respectful and quiet. I would like to share a cabin male or female to meet the double occupancy standard. A cruise I have in mind leaves San Diego on 01/05/2007 for a 15 day cruise to and from Hawaii, returning on 01/20/2007. I am open to cabin class, inside is $1359 and an oceanview is $1448 etc. I would also be open to any cruise for any lenght of time between 12/26/2006 - 01/20/2007. Please understand and agree, this is not an offer for anything more then a cabin mate to meet the double occupancy standard.
Old November 17th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Familiar Face

U S Veteran
I appreciate your reply, however, I, too have booked cruise. Can't afford more then one, Also, I live in Florida and I'm not inclined to leave from the west coast
Korean War Vet, cruisinbill