Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Beginner

Default M looking 4 M cabinmate 4 cruise to Antarctica, winter 06/07

PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE FOUND A TRAVEL COMPANION.

I am looking to fulfill a lifetime wish to travel to the “Last Continent – Antarctica?. I am a 41-year old professional Latin guy who is looking for another guy (strictly platonic) to share a cabin on this once-in-a-lifetime cruising experience.

I am a seasoned traveler who has traveled to all continents except for, as you guessed, Antarctica. I consider myself to be a down-to-earth guy who is good-natured and upbeat with a sense of adventure for new and different experiences of all kinds. I am friendly usually sporting a smile and love to laugh. I am in good health, I do not smoke and I drink lightly. I am very easy going and can travel with almost anyone but I prefer to travel with someone who is upbeat, fun, reliable, considerate and open minded. Age, race and sexual orientation are unimportant.

Please keep in mind that these cruises can be quite pricey.
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Beginner

Your goal of Antarctica has been appealing to me for years, since Admiral
Richard E. Byrd flew his autogyro into my school yard exactly seventy years ago.
By now, stamina is staying pretty good, but that 'pricey' funding is a bit hard to come by.
I'm not clear whether you have selected a vessel, but I've been looking
at a trip jointly planned by Dartmouth and University of Pennsylvania,
with informative naturalist lecturers from each school. As I recall, the trip departs late in December and costs somewhere north of $9000.
If that falls in line with your thoughts, or you have a clear alternate, I'd be happy to hear. I reiterate that I'm not yet sure I'm ready to pay the rate this year, but Id be glad to consider it more weightily.
( One alternative list for cheaper trips is via Vacations-to-go, but most of theirs are more nearly large ships with little shore or observational
exposure.)
I'll look forward to your thoughts.
'Orchard'
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to fl_tpa_1956male Send a message via MSN to fl_tpa_1956male Send a message via Yahoo to fl_tpa_1956male

Are you looking for cruises with land excursions or a cruise by? And if a land excursion, how many days, and what type of activity?

I watch HAL cruise by excursion from Rio to Valparaiso. I have watched this for years. It is pretty reasonable and still a fun cruise. Probably can get the whole thing from door to door for undeer $5k per person. Although one should be able to get least expensive room for less than $3k per person, by the time things add up you will be at $5k per person.

Now other cruises that actually land on the continent will probably be over $10k per person.

Now my question is: Is it worth $5k to walk around some rock and dirt and see some snow just for braggin rights? The animals can probably be seen in the zoo. I have seen whales and penguins, although a great site, I wouldnt pay $1k to see them.

My plan is to take HAL, maybe share the room, and just tell people I landed on antarctica, who will know the difference. I may even fly up to Barrow or Prudhoe Bay Alaska for a similar sight. Remember these places are about as far north as you will go south, even on the expensive land based excursion.

Just remember, most people can't even spell the continent, much less know anything about it. Try it some time. Just ask someone off the street to spell it. You will be shocked. Note, I did not spell check this posting.

Antarctica, and the Galapagos islands, both very exotic and very expensive to visit.

I have limited funds, if I drove a Hummer or Porche I would be going for sure.

Anyways, I would be very interesting in learing what is worth the extra $5k for the land excursion. Tell me, I may eat pet food (which probably costs more than people food) for 5 years to save up for the trip.

Or if you know a better value than HAL Brazil, Antarctica, Chile cruise, let me know.

happy sailing