Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Beginner

Default Anybody interested in a River Cruise - Summer of 2007

I'd love to do a European river cruise this summer. The itineraries and excursions look awesome. The single supplements are outrageous and the cruises are already on the pricey side. I'm especially interested in the Russian River cruises. I'm in my 50's, live in Calfornia, and have done a lot of travelling. I'm very easy to get along with. I'm usually fairly active when I'm on vacation, but I don't expect my travel partner to do the same activities as I do. Anybody want to start considering this wonderful possibility?
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2006, 09:48 PM
Beginner

My name is Kristi. I have been interested in this cruise for a couple of years. I am 63 years old, non-smoker, lover of classical music, theater, and circle dancing.

Do you have a particular cruise line you are looking at?

Kristi
Old November 25th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Familiar Face

Default CABIMATE: Reply from Connecticut

Hi NancyLynn,

I am interested... tell me more.

A little about me and my immediate quest...

I am retired, 59 Years Young, Straight Male and live in Connecticut. I enjoy cruises and am almost always ready on a days notice.

I am looking for male or female cabin mates to meet the double occupancy criteria as a single traveler.

I am friendly, considerate, quiet, respectful, clean, easy on the eyes, honest and have no underlying intentions other then a cabin mate.

I am equally comfortable and content with polite pleasantries or friendly conversation, the cabin mates’ choice. I do not smoke or do drugs, rarely drink; perhaps a glass of wine with dinner and the occasional beer is the exception.

I am rarely in the cabin... a normal routine is to leave the cabin in the morning, returning for dinner and then returning again to sleep, approximately 1-1½ hours after the main show of the evening. Not much of a gambler either.

My forte is lounging by and in the pool or hot tub, perhaps joining in a deck game or water volleyball, and a little reading. I enjoy the sun and work on a tan as much as possible. I also enjoy photography and sketching for watercolor when I get back home.

Opportunities to learn about other cultures, people and visiting the wonderful sights are always a favorite depending on where I am at. There are times I prefer not to go ashore and stay aboard and by the pool.

Normally I am open to the duration of a cruise, in this particular instance however I have to be back by January 21st. I signed-up for a couple of classes at the local college; watercolors and digital graphics with an emphasis on advanced Photoshop and illustrator. Classes begin on Monday 01/22 and continue through June. I will have a spring break and would like to book a cruise for that period also..

I have posted a few requests; one in particular is a cruise leaving on Holland America's Zaandam from San Diego on the 5th of January for a 15 day cruise to Hawaii, returning to San Diego on the 21st. If this cruise is of interest to you please keep me in mind. Again, to reiterate, I am open to any cruise that will get me in the hot and sunny climate.

I hope to hear from you concerning any cruise you may have in mind and perhaps we can iron out the details and enjoy a wonderful cruise to start off the New Year.

I will answer any appropriate questions you may have and thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to meeting nice people and my wish is to make friends with enough cabin mates to allow for several cruises each year.

Wishing you health and prosperity during the holidays and may all your wishes bring you happiness.

Sincerely,
Joseph
Old November 27th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Beginner

Hi! I am scheduled to go on a Russian river cruise in August 2007. I'm traveling with a group of 7 or 8 other women, and it should be a great trip. I've taken several river cruises in the past, and this is one I've been looking forward to. The price is very good, itinerary is great. We'd love to have you join us! Send me an email and I'll give you all the details. cruisemuse@yahoo.com (cruisemuse at yahoo dot com)
Hope to hear from you!
Old November 27th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Beginner

Which cruise line are you using?

It is great that you got a group to go together.

Would you have room for one more?

I am about 60 years young and have interests in classical music, circle dance, theater, and books.

Thanks,

Kristi
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:14 PM
Beginner

Would love to take a European river cruise but unsure if can do before fall. Am looking right now for someone to share a cabin on a caribbean cruise this Feb/March. Am non smoker; like to snorkel and sail; wine tasting, reading and watching people. Also like to shop. Am usually up early in am; not a real late partier. Am 62 and recently retired.

Barb K