Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Passenger

Default XMAS! BVI 62-ft Yacht Charter 8nt 12/21 fr St.Thomas $1500pp

My daughter and I are so excited, this is the XMAS Trip of a LIFETIME and what a deal!!! The Ragamuffin is a GORGEOUS (all teak interior) and spacious 4-cabin/2head vessel and we have space for two more guests ( there's actually space for plenty more, but thought we'd keep it uncluttered).

There are 2 of us, a 47 y/o Mom and mature 18 y/o daughter (unlike many teenagers, my daughter is GREAT) from the Atlanta area. We are fun, easygoing, open-minded and laidback. Females preferred but will consider others, especially if you're related to each other since this is Xmas and all. You should be fun, low-maintenance, adventurous spirit and generally cool - no drama! You should be comfortable on a large sailboat, but you don't have to know how to sail (you can learn if you want, no extra charge). Commodore Squeek (the kitty) will be supervising all aspects of the cruise. Pirate training is also available :-)

This is a CREWED yacht charter, with a Captain to do the sailing and his wife who prepares breakfasts and lunches. We go ashore to a different island every night for dinner and local-atmosphere partying, returning to the ship to sleep of course. The Captain knows what nights to go where, so to speak (and other charter guests gather too, so it's real fun). Lots of snorkeling, beach-combing on uninhabited islands etc and we can rendezvous for scuba diving it that's of interest (I'm newly certified, so we'll probably do at least one, and we can arrange an instructor for you to learn if you're interested I'm told). I'm also told that if we're all women we'll have the most popular boat in the BVIs, . Your only expense is for dinners/drinks ashore, trinkets ashore and scuba if you want to do that. This type of cruise is not about dressing up and high heels, but is all about swimsuits and shorts. We make our own schedule, except for arrival and departure.

Our flight arrives into St. Thomas 8:30 pm on 12/22 so I negotiated an 8th night. We conclude in St. Thomas the morning of 12/29. Xmas 8 nights in the BVIs!!! And you're home for New Year's with your honey or stay on in the Virgin Islands, US OR British, it's easy to get from one to the other. Believe it or not there are still some good airfares out there, try Spirit Airlines in particular. On other airlines, you might want to check out flying into Puerto Rico and popping over from there. But if you're interested don't waste any time arranging for your flights.

You can see the RAGAMUFFIN at http://www.caribbeancruisingclub.com/raga.html
Join us, we are going to have a BLAST!!!

Bucket-List Cruises in my future:
  • Greek Isles/Istanbul/Turkey
  • Amalfi Coast/Pompeii/Herculaneum etc
  • Egypt/Pyramids etc
  • Alaska, Russia, China, Hong Kong - a World Cruise is my dream!
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: BVI 62-ft Crewed Yacht 8nts 12/21/6 fr St. Thomas $1500p

Rats - A perfect opportunity for the kiddo and I to bag salt water dives, and kiddo to work on his Sailing Merit Badge but alas the time spans across custody intervals. Kiddo is a mature 11 with 6 cards, CPR/AED, and 50 dives and dad is Divemaster, Master Diver with 8 cards, CPR/AED, and Lifeguard card. Smooth sailing - trade you one of our San Antonio Sea World Shamus for one of your Atlanta Aquarium Whale Sharks. :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvledger
My daughter and I are so excited, this is the XMAS Trip of a LIFETIME and what a deal!!! The Ragamuffin is a GORGEOUS (all teak interior) and spacious 4-cabin/2head vessel and we have space for two more guests ( there's actually space for plenty more, but thought we'd keep it uncluttered).

There are 2 of us, a 47 y/o Mom and mature 18 y/o daughter (unlike many teenagers, my daughter is GREAT) from the Atlanta area. We are fun, easygoing, open-minded and laidback. Females preferred but will consider others, especially if you're related to each other since this is Xmas and all. You should be fun, low-maintenance, adventurous spirit and generally cool - no drama! You should be comfortable on a large sailboat, but you don't have to know how to sail (you can learn if you want, no extra charge). Commodore Squeek (the kitty) will be supervising all aspects of the cruise. Pirate training is also available :-)

This is a CREWED yacht charter, with a Captain to do the sailing and his wife who prepares breakfasts and lunches. We go ashore to a different island every night for dinner and local-atmosphere partying, returning to the ship to sleep of course. The Captain knows what nights to go where, so to speak (and other charter guests gather too, so it's real fun). Lots of snorkeling, beach-combing on uninhabited islands etc and we can rendezvous for scuba diving it that's of interest (I'm newly certified, so we'll probably do at least one, and we can arrange an instructor for you to learn if you're interested I'm told). I'm also told that if we're all women we'll have the most popular boat in the BVIs, . Your only expense is for dinners/drinks ashore, trinkets ashore and scuba if you want to do that. This type of cruise is not about dressing up and high heels, but is all about swimsuits and shorts. We make our own schedule, except for arrival and departure.

Our flight arrives into St. Thomas 8:30 pm on 12/22 so I negotiated an 8th night. We conclude in St. Thomas the morning of 12/29. Xmas 8 nights in the BVIs!!! And you're home for New Year's with your honey or stay on in the Virgin Islands, US OR British, it's easy to get from one to the other. Believe it or not there are still some good airfares out there, try Spirit Airlines in particular. On other airlines, you might want to check out flying into Puerto Rico and popping over from there. But if you're interested don't waste any time arranging for your flights.

You can see the RAGAMUFFIN at http://www.caribbeancruisingclub.com/raga.html
Join us, we are going to have a BLAST!!!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Passenger

Wow, Divemaster, would've been fun (and convenient) to have you along - sounds like the kiddo's pretty awesome too. Maybe we could plan another trip at a more convenient time, with or without kiddo's (possibly with other adult divers, and a dive focus), and share expenses for an awesome trip at affordable rates. Can't believe you'd give up Shamu though!

• Egypt/Pyramids etc
Old November 14th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Hi:

We have spare Shamus, but no whale sharks here and Southwest, our Texan airline of choice, does not fly into Atlanta. Kiddo wants to dive with a whale shark - he's BTDT with other sharks, whales, dolphins, manatees and rays. He's also travelled on more cruise ships than most adults, as well as subs, sailboats and other watercraft. He's been at the control of large ships since 8 and a diver since 10.

Keep us in mind when planning. I'll be solo diving Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Grand Turk, and the Bahamas on the Prisendam in December as kiddo can't make it. I hold Navigation, Buoyancy, Enriched Air, Equipment, Deep and other cards. Kiddo's pretty much functionally a Junior Master Diver, but still limited to 40 feet at his age.

Kiddo's signing your dive log would make it collectable. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvledger
Wow, Divemaster, would've been fun (and convenient) to have you along - sounds like the kiddo's pretty awesome too. Maybe we could plan another trip at a more convenient time, with or without kiddo's (possibly with other adult divers, and a dive focus), and share expenses for an awesome trip at affordable rates. Can't believe you'd give up Shamu though!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old November 14th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Passenger

Trip of a lifetime!

• Egypt/Pyramids etc