Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Familiar Face

Default Working Cruise Vacation "Thank You for all Replies"

Hello,

I am a retired University Professor who has just completed his first two special topic lecture cruises on the 15 day Island Princess cruise out of LA to Hawaii January 26 to February 10, 2007 and April 11 to April 26, 2007. Thank you to all of you who have responded to my "Working Cruise Vacation" posting on Cruisemates so far.

In addition, I have finalized two back to back 9 day Caribbean lecture cruises on Crown Princess departing from New York. The first one is May 12 to May 21, 2007 followed by the next one May 21 to May 30. I have already confirmed two cruise share partners from Cruisemates to go on these cruises, a man on one and a woman on the other.

I am also posting this message on Cruisemates to find others who also lecture on board ships and would like a cruise share partner. It would be very attractive to the cruise lines to have two lecturers for the price of one. Depending on each others lecture topics the combination of lecturers and subjects this may be exciting to the cruise line.

If you do not lecture but would like to find a way to cruise at discounted prices with someone who does lecture I would also like to hear from you.

I am aged 66 and an experienced cruiser, with over 25 lifetime, going on 4 to 5 cruises a year now that I am retired. I can go on a cruise at a moments notice and don't mind repeating past destinations. It is the cruise experience that I enjoy with the good food, service, dancing, entertainment and meeting people. I am well travelled having visited every continent and most countries. My interests include cruising, travel, dancing, cooking, gardening and wine making.

A reminder to potential cruise share partners who do not lecture but would like to find a way to cruise at discounted prices with someone who does lecture, I would also like to hear from you.

Please email me at onfirst1@yahoo.com

James.
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Familiar Face

Default Interested...Tell Me More!

Interested...Tell Me More!

Jseph
Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:00 PM
Familiar Face

My posting describes it all. Email me direct with any questions and information about yourself.

Email to onfirst1@yahoo.com

James.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 12:32 PM
Familiar Face

Check updated posting March 3, 2007.
Old March 11th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Familiar Face

Check my latest posting update on March 11 with a new lecture cruise choice to the Caribbean.
Old March 20th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Familiar Face

My most recent posting update #3 on March 20, 2007 added another 9 day cruise on Crown Princess to the Caribbean out of NYC May 21 to 30 which follows the earlier Crown Princess Caribbean cruise on May 12 to 21. The 2 back to back cruises result in 18 days of Caribbean cruising. What could be better than that?

If you are interested email me at onfirst1@yahoo.com

James.
Old March 26th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Beginner

What is your lecture topic? Do you do the same one with each cruise? Do the cruise lines request certain topics?
Thanks, sounds very interesting
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Working Cruise Vacation UPDATE #3

James -

Please let me know if you ever get booked as a lecturer on HAL's Rotterdam. Catching her for at least one day is all that stands between me and sailing HAL's complete fleet. Started cruising 20 year ago as a guest lecturer on her predecessor. JFMR, what are your lecture topics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfirst1
Hello,

I am a retired University Professor who has just completed his first special topic lecture cruise on the 15 day Island Princess cruise out of LA to Hawaii January 26 to February 10, 2007.

I have also recently finalized another 15 day cruise to lecture on Island Princess out of LA to Hawaii for April 11 to April 26, 2007. In addition, I have just finalized two back to back 9 day Caribbean lecture cruises on Crown Princess departing from New York. The first one is May 12 to May 21, 2007 followed by the next one May 21 to May 30. I am looking for a cruise share partner to go on any or all of these three cruises.

I am posting this message on Cruisemates to find others who also lecture on board ships and would like a cruise share partner. It would be very attractive to the cruise lines to have two lecturers for the price of one. Depending on each others lecture topics the combination of lecturers and subjects this may be exciting to the cruise line.

If you do not lecture but would like to find a way to cruise at discounted prices with someone who does lecture I would also like to hear from you.

I am aged 66 and an experienced cruiser, with over 25 lifetime, going on 4 to 5 cruises a year now that I am retired. I can go on a cruise at a moments notice and don't mind repeating past destinations. It is the cruise experience that I enjoy with the good food, service, dancing, entertainment and meeting people. I am well travelled having visited every continent and most countries. My interests include cruising, travel, dancing, cooking, gardening and wine making.

A reminder to potential cruise share partners who do not lecture but would like to find a way to cruise at discounted prices with someone who does lecture, I would also like to hear from you.

Please email me at onfirst1@yahoo.com

James.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old March 30th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Familiar Face

Hello Divemaster and Jeri,

Thank you for your reply to my posting on Cruisemates.

My general lecture topic is "Winning Negotiations with Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime for Anything". Cruiselines require at least one lecture for every sea day. I would be happy to give you more information on cruise ship lecturing.

Email me direct at onfirst1@yahoo.com

James.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 05:42 PM
Familiar Face

Hello,

Thank you to all of you who have responded to my "Working Cruise Vacation" posting so far. I have already commited to someone for a lecture cruise share on some of the cruises that I listed in my posting. I have other future cruises that I am in the process of finalizing soon. In addition, I have been approved to lecture on a number of other cruises throughout the year in 2007. So if any of you cruisers out there want to find out how you can participate in a lecture cruise share at discount prices I still want to hear from you.

Once again Thank You to all who responded to my posting. Take care.

James.
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:10 PM
Familiar Face

Hello,

Thank you again to all of you who have responded to my "Working Cruise Vacation" posting so far. I have already commited to lecture cruise share partners from Cruisemates for my next two back to back cruises on Crown Princess May 12 to 21 with a man and May 21 to 30 with a woman. I have other future cruises that I am in the process of finalizing soon. In addition, I have been approved to lecture on a number of other cruises throughout the year in 2007. So if any of you cruisers out there want to find out how you can participate in a lecture cruise share at discount prices I still want to hear from you.

Once again Thank You to all who responded to my posting.
Take care.

James.
Old August 1st, 2008, 11:58 AM
Beginner

Well that's a great alternative and I admit that I never tried it although I love lecture. I am definitely interested and I hope the offer is still available the next year as well because now I am already booked for Princess cruises.