CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Looking 4 Cruise Buddy (Florida depart Oct/Nov/Dec 2007) (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/331575-looking-4-cruise-buddy-florida-depart-oct-nov-dec-2007-a.html)

emsone April 12th, 2007 07:23 AM

Looking 4 Cruise Buddy (Florida depart Oct/Nov/Dec 2007)

I don’t want this to sound like a singles ad, but here are some basics:
White male, age 44, never married, active – not a couch potato, 5-8 and 135 lbs. Non-smoker and social drinker, clean cut, friendly and fun to be with, workaholic – thus want to get away from it all for a week to 10 days (no cell phone/pager/email etc.)

After 4 years my cruise buddy decided it was better for her to find a new mate on Valentines Day. She cancelled a nice Princess Cruise we had reserved for Western Caribbean departing Fort Myers on Nov 6, 2007 on the Emerald Princess. I like that itinerary. Also wanted to do a mid-Caribbean (leaving Florida port and basically going around Cuba (Key West, Haiti, Grand Cayman, and maybe Mexico) with Royal Caribbean line on the Mariner of the Seas, departing Port Canaveral, Florida. A three or four day escape is fine with a sailing date before either of these. Also prefer to stay away from scheduling on Holidays.

Now, you understand my thoughts of cruises and been on two cruises before (3 day to Bahamas and a 7 day Carnival to Western Caribbean.) I am OK with an Ocean view room or small Balcony room.

The type person I am looking for is mainly a cruise buddy. Someone to go on a cruise, but not to be together, not to date, not to get romantic with, but can share some excursions with if interests are similar or just go on our own ways. I prefer not to be late, thus if you are a high maintenance person or running late – forget it – I’ll leave ya in the cabin. I also don’t want to return to the room to find a note on the door advising me to go up on the Lido Deck and sleep on a deck chair either. Male or female is OK, nonsmoker only – sorry allergies, weight proportionate and light to moderate packer (my last 4 day trip was form a carry-on suitcase only and I did a Las Vegas trip of 7 days from the same one carry-on suit case.) I generally awake after sunrise, not before 8 (unless there is a reason as a shore excursion) and not go to bed till around midnight – while on a cruise. At home I awaken each day at 4:30 A.M. to go to work.

Also, I want to talk by email first (billfrodl@hotmail) and due to so much junk email, please title it something like Cruise Buddy from _____________ (city) and follow it with your zip code. After we talk by email, also want to chat on the phone and meet at least twice before going on the cruise (I drive a lot, thus meeting closer to you is OK and possibly easier.) If I can post pictures of me on this site I will – if you know how to do this, please respond and also want the same.

Not sure of how the money will exchange, but once a cruise is decided on, I expect that you will keep to your commitment as much as possible. I understand things happen, thus they call it cruise insurance.

Prefer not to chat by IM – I am busy running a side business and getting into the busy season – it is agriculture based.

Thanks,
Bill