Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Beginner

Default 27 SWF needs cruisemate for caribbean cruise Jan or Feb 08

hi,
looking for a cruisemate m or f to split the cost of the room never been on a cruise eager to go sounds like fun. I was looking for a 1 week caribbean cruise, but am open to other areas and length of cruise if this sounds interesting to anyone let me know
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Passenger

hi there, I too am a first time cruiser, and havent decided yet whether the idea of a cabin share is what I want. There are some really useful hints and tips on the forum for cabin sharing. I am looking to cruise the Carribean in January, and I know cruisemates are organising a group cruise on Carnival Freedom 19th Jan from Miami, sounds like it could be a lot of fun, and since I wil be celebrating my 40th birthday on the 21st, I am seriously considering this cruise.
Just a thought, if you dont manage to find a cabinmate, and decide to book your own cabin, at least you could get to know a few people on the forums before travelling.
But I am plunging into the unknown as a solo traveller, so I dont have much advice to give Im afraid.

Bay Islands Trip Reports
Old October 9th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: 27 SWF needs cruisemate for caribbean cruise Jan or Feb

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandra
hi,
looking for a cruisemate m or f to split the cost of the room never been on a cruise eager to go sounds like fun. I was looking for a 1 week caribbean cruise, but am open to other areas and length of cruise if this sounds interesting to anyone let me know

I strongly recommend that you consider booking a Singles Cruise. There are several web sites that offer information regarding booking Singles Cruises.
1. CruiseCritic.com - go to their Boards and click onto their Singles Board
2. CruiseMates.com - go to their Message Boards, click onto People, and then select Singles

From my personal experience the singles groups are evenly balanced with the same number of males and females. The ages vary a lot. About half are between 25 & 35 years old, with about 35 % between 35 & 50 years of age, with the remaining 15 % ranging from age 50 on up! Not everyone is always single. Some folks are just traveling solo and aren’t interested in romance or playing games.

By Definition….
A pleasure voyage on a ship, usually with stops at various ports with persons pertaining to the unmarried state or sometimes married folks traveling solo.

By Experience….
The singles vacation is a vacation of a lifetime! If you’re single and perhaps a first time or experienced cruiser, singles cruises are the ultimate way to vacation.

Singles cruises usually provide private singles activities and events hosted by professional group cruise directors on the worlds leading cruise lines and cruise ships. You’ll receive all the standard amenities’ available onboard the ship, PLUS entrance to all exclusive singles events. Singles guests are offered private meet and greet singles events, cocktail mixers, lectures, theme & costume parties, a separate dining area for their group and ongoing activities organized by dedicated cruise directors. They also feature pre-cruise activities including a private message board (you will be given access about 60 days prior to sailing) and invite all of their single guests to an optional pre-cruise dinner party, sometimes they also secure discounted group hotel rates for those choosing to arrive early at the embarkation city.

The entire ship is not just for singles, however only members of your Singles group will be invited to the special singles activities. They provide you with a detailed program of activities customized for the entire trip. The encourage you to participate in all the fun & games as this is the best way to fully experience what singles cruising is all about.

Bon Voyage
Old October 9th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Familiar Face

Another valid consideration for going on a singles cruise is that the agency booking the singles cruise will upon request assign a cabin for you to share with another passenger of the same sex, smoking preference, and same age group, thereby reducing your overall cost.

Here are three leaders in the Singles Cruise business:

http://www.cruisingforlove.com
http://www.vacationstogo.com
http://www.singlescruise.com
Old October 10th, 2007, 01:38 PM
First Mate

Default Re: 27 SWF needs cruisemate for caribbean cruise Jan or Feb

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandra
hi,

Check out Carnival Conquest from Galveston, TeXas for Jan 27th 2008. The price is $550 (all taxes and port fees included). Go to: VacationsToGo dot com if you're interested in this sailing. VTG will find you a cabin mate if you need one. Plus, you get free liquors. anyway, hope to see you on this sailing.

xcalbear@gmail.com
1-516-504-3466 (North America)
011-33-253440418 (France)
Old October 17th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to ultimatetiger Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatetiger

HI, I am a 33 year old white male from South Carolina. I would love to hear more about you. You can find me at cmltiger on y messenger and y mail. Have a great day

33/m/sc
white
athletic
5'10 190lbs
educated
business owner
single
brown hair blue eyes
great smile
Old October 26th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Beginner

Default Im planning to go cruising Jan/Feb too*

Have you looked at what Vacationstogo.com is offering for Jan 27th out of Galveston ,TX?
I have done some deep research, and it seems to be the best deal out there.
Comes with singles activites(which we dont have to participate),a free T-shirt, and Free drinks! Woo Hoo!
If you are looking for something shorter out of Galveston, TX, I can def work with you.
Im open for a 4 -9 day cruise During late Jan/ early Feb.

Im 24, and this will be my first cruise as well...........let's Cruise!

~Veronica~
Old October 26th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Beginner

Default Responding to your inquiry

Hi alejandra-

I also live in Chicago. I'm a SWM 38 years old, looking to try cruising for the first time. My friends all get sea sick and therefore will not go with me. I have no interest in a romantic contention but really want to try a cruise as it seems like it would fun. I'm not great at meeting strangers so I didn't want to post a blind ad looking for someone to go on a cruise with. If you are interested, why don't you send me an e-mail and we can find out if we have any of the same interests to see if we would we would be good cabin mates. If your interested, please send me an inquiry to toddbrown1212@yahoo.com, if not, I hope you have a great experience on your cruise.

Todd
Old October 31st, 2007, 07:53 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to nathalie

how about november? I was looking to go on a 7-8 days carribean cruise nov 16 to 25 or so?
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:10 AM
Passenger

Default fun

very interested call me at 920-331-4597 tim
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:13 PM
Beginner

Hi Alejandra,
I'm looking at going on a cruise ASAP. Coming out of a broken marriage and I just want to get away. I've never been on a cruise, let alone trying to find someone to go with me. If your interested please call or text me @ 724.777.2663. I want to start having fun and travel. I work for the airlines and it's time to get out and start doing things.
Take care and have a great New Year
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to jtba1981

I am go on a cruise on feb. 3, 2008 out of houston area. I have payy for the unit for two person. Email me at jtba1981@yahoo.com
Old January 6th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Beginner

Default mature sbf to share cabin from tx for jan 2008

1st time cruiser, want to visit jamaica, &c from galveston. would prefer to share room to get cheaper rate! available throughout january 2008.

also available to share cabin on the vacationtogo singles cruise on jan27.

pls, not looking for romance/intimacy/babysitting!!!

if interested, email new.cruiser at yahoo. thx!