Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Looking for Cruise Buddy for Several Future Adventures

Hello!

I'm a 30 y/o SWF looking for a longterm cruise buddy or two for future cruises, hopefully for years to come.

I work from home and don't have kids, so it's easy for me to get away any time of year, but my 40-hour-work-week/2-weeks-of-vacation-a-year friends are chained to their desks, so I'd love to meet someone else who can cruise two or three times a year and would also like to share expenses.

I'm a non-smoker and a light drinker. I'm definitely the introvert type, who enjoys reading and writing somewhere quiet rather than mingling with strangers, but it's nice to have someone to dine with and do the occasional shore excursion with.

I am in good shape and like hitting the gym and going on the active shore excursions (though I'm down for sightseeing and listening to the history of a place too). I also have a nerdy side (I run an Internet business and play World of Warcraft :P) and get along well with fellow geeks.

I'm not a big shopper but don't mind if you are. I'm a liberal, democratic, non-religious type, but don't really care what you are (as long as you're not trying to convert me). Politics and religion aren't anything I'm passionate enough about for lengthy conversations on the subject anyway.

I'm straight, if that matters, but I'm not looking for romance here, just to make a friend who likes to cruise, wants someone to share cabin costs with, and can get away more than once in a blue moon.

I don't care how old you are, but I'd be more comfortable with a female roommate.

Places I'd like to cruise in the next few years:

Alaska, the Caribbean, South America, Australia, and the Mediterranean. (I'm open to other destinations, too, though I'm definitely drawn to warm-weather places).

Anyway, if you've read all this and aren't scared yet, send me a message on here. Please be willing to write more than a sentence, and tell me about yourself. I imagine we'd want to email back and forth a bit before deciding to take a trip together.

I'd love to arrange something for this spring, but if you read this message months down the line, feel free to send me a note any time.

Thanks for reading,

Lindsay
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Looking for Cruise Buddy for Several Future Adventures

Just a tip if you are tethered to the net with your biz - cruise ship internet can be slow and expensive. Might look to scanning your ports for better connectivity.

If y'all are just sunnin' not swimmin' try the Atlantis subs to see what's there - the one in Maui especially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanarrow
Hello!

I'm a 30 y/o SWF looking for a longterm cruise buddy or two for future cruises, hopefully for years to come.

I work from home and don't have kids, so it's easy for me to get away any time of year, but my 40-hour-work-week/2-weeks-of-vacation-a-year friends are chained to their desks, so I'd love to meet someone else who can cruise two or three times a year and would also like to share expenses.

I'm a non-smoker and a light drinker. I'm definitely the introvert type, who enjoys reading and writing somewhere quiet rather than mingling with strangers, but it's nice to have someone to dine with and do the occasional shore excursion with.

I am in good shape and like hitting the gym and going on the active shore excursions (though I'm down for sightseeing and listening to the history of a place too). I also have a nerdy side (I run an Internet business and play World of Warcraft :P) and get along well with fellow geeks.

I'm not a big shopper but don't mind if you are. I'm a liberal, democratic, non-religious type, but don't really care what you are (as long as you're not trying to convert me). Politics and religion aren't anything I'm passionate enough about for lengthy conversations on the subject anyway.

I'm straight, if that matters, but I'm not looking for romance here, just to make a friend who likes to cruise, wants someone to share cabin costs with, and can get away more than once in a blue moon.

I don't care how old you are, but I'd be more comfortable with a female roommate.

Places I'd like to cruise in the next few years:

Alaska, the Caribbean, South America, Australia, and the Mediterranean. (I'm open to other destinations, too, though I'm definitely drawn to warm-weather places).

Anyway, if you've read all this and aren't scared yet, send me a message on here. Please be willing to write more than a sentence, and tell me about yourself. I imagine we'd want to email back and forth a bit before deciding to take a trip together.

I'd love to arrange something for this spring, but if you read this message months down the line, feel free to send me a note any time.

Thanks for reading,

Lindsay
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old November 12th, 2007, 03:19 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Lindsay, sent you a pm, I think we live close to each other so would like to discuss your travel ideas more.
Old November 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Beginner

Hi Lindsey,

I'm a 67 year old straight female who loves to travel. I'm in really good shape taking mostly walking vacations. However, I am planning a cruise to Australia/New Zealand for Jan-Feb-or Mar 2009 (yes 2009). I prefer Holland America. I plan to make a commitment by the end of this month.

I won't be taking a cruise in 2008 since I am going on a walking vacation to Hawaii in March and a walking vacation to Peru and Ecuador in May.

I have my own gym in my house with a fitness center class treadmill, a pilates performer, and a spinner bicycle. I try to work out every day. I have lots of energy!

I don't smoke (and don't want to be around it) but I do drink wine almost every night.

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in business and I retired in 1995. I have one daughter and two grandchildren - both in college.

Besides my fitness passion, I love to read and play with my Yorkie.

If you're interested in communicating further, please email me at wandering223@yahoo.com
Old November 19th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Beginner

Hi Lindsay-

My husband and friends either don´t have the vacation time/flexibility I do--or else they have other things going on such as children and the like to occupy discretionary time and income. Let me rephrase that: My husband doesn´t have the time. He has no children that I am aware of....

I´m 39 and often mistaken for younger (I don´t particularly care as it´s a good age to be as far as I´m concerned) and work in critical care/ trauma/ OR. I´m reasonably fit, don´t smoke but enjoy the social martini and turned to these boards because I´m tired of working my vacations around other people´s limited schedules. I enjoy all types of travel, but don´t wish to pay the single supplement. I´m not in the same tax bracket as your state mate Mr. Gates, but I prefer a modicum of creature comforts when I travel. Did the backpack through Europe thing and the drink myself silly Cancun Spring Break thing 20 odd years ago and have little wish to repeat those experiences as I approach what my friends´teens feel is my dotage.

I prefer Celebrity but am open to other lines. Am flexible on itins also. Am basically a few steps up from computer illiterate and have no idea what wizards of warcraft is, but if it makes you happy and doesn´t keep me up at night--it´s ok by me. (is it that game with all the dice and stuff?)

I like travel, pets, books, dining, exercise, beaches, cities, sleeping, museums, shows, concerts, shopping, etc. Not the velcro type but would enjoy doing things with other like minded individuals.
´
That´s more than enough for a first time post. Thanks!
Old November 19th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Beginner

Default Looking for cruise buddy

Hi Lindsay,

I am a soon to be divorced 43 year old female. All of my friends are either married or have little ones at home. I already booked with my husband and need a replacement for Liberty of the Seas for Apr 26, 2008 if you might be interested. I set up a post on the board already with the itinerary. I am a light drinker that ties one on occassionally. I do smoke, but would not smoke in the cabin if you don't.

I love to travel (prefer warmer weather for vacation) and my daughter is old enough that I can go when I choose. I am professionally employed, but I get 4 weeks vacation a year. I live in Southeastern Mass.

I like to read, fish, bargain shop, swim, snorkel, dance, play cards. I paint and do crafts occassionally. I am not as active as years past due to an ankle injury, but I am still pretty fit for a smoker.

There are two other couples I know going on this trip with side by side cabins with balconies. They are all very outgoing and I don't really have a shy bone in my body. One of the couples plans on staying on the ship for the week as this is their 3rd or 4th cruise to the same area. I have been cruisin to the Caribbean before, but I can stay on ship or do excursions.

I have no problems with politics, religion or geeks and will not try to convert you. I get along with most anyone.

Let me know if you are interested and would like to chat.

shazbski@msn.com
Old November 21st, 2007, 08:48 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to gfleo

Hi Lindsay, I'm a 36 year old man from Curacao, Netherlands Antilles (sister island to aruba) and I cruise an average of 1 cruise every 2 months. Most of the time with friends, and sometimes alone. Maybe in the near future if you need a cruise buddy, you can contact me. I don't smoke and drink occasionally, i'm serious but good sense of humor, so i make people laugh all the time.
Caribbean Princess
C. Destiny
N.Pearl Nov
C.Valor Sept 2008
Ruby Princess
C.Splendor
Independence OTS
Liberty OTS 2009
Carnival Liberty
Eurodam
Radiance OTS
Mariner OTS
C. Freedom
C. Triumph
Navigator OTS(TA)
C.Dream
Solstice 2010
Costa Fortuna
Summit
Norwegian Dawn
C.Glory Sept 2011
Brilliance OTS 2012
Mariner OTS (TA)
Liberty of the Seas

C.Liberty (Sept'13)
Serenade of the Seas TA (Nov '13)
Old November 27th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Beginner

Wow! I loved your post. Let's see if I can hit the major points. 37 y/o SWF looking to cruise for the first time ever. Would be open to a travel/cruise buddy for the future. I'm a single mom so I have to choose my time but am currently looking at the summer.

I am also a non-smoker and drink occassionally. Also somewhat shy so I'm not sure how that will play out on a cruise. It really seems like a good idea to set up my own roommate. Someone to talk and plan out excursions.

I love to read, play Scrabble and the TV show the West Wing. I don't work out but I keep meaning too, I'm hoping to maybe hit the gym on ship and develop that habit. I do like to shop but that's not my focus for the cruise, I really want down time without having to drive, etc.

As for politics and religion, same here - aren't anything I'm passionate enough about for lengthy conversations on the subject anyway.

Trips I like to take: Alaska, the Caribbean, South America, Canada, and the Mediterranean. The only difference is Canada and it just seems cool to take a cruise out of NYC, plus I've never been to Canada.

Okay, so hopefully my reply didn't scare you off and you'll reply. Or happy cruising if you're already set.

Monica
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Admiral

Monica:

Might consider dragging the kiddo on a cruise - mine has done about a dozen since age 1, most just with dad, and he's enjoyed them all. Big ships make for big impressions with little people. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolishgirl
I'm a single mom so I have to choose my time but am currently looking at the summer.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old December 1st, 2007, 09:33 AM
Beginner

I am from Calif. I am 56 y.o. d.f. and might be your last choice for a cabin mate because of my age but I am fairly active. I too enjoy having a bud to go to dinner with and possibly some shore trips. I like the on-board shows, I walk at least a mile a day (at home and often on cruises, usually in port) but I do not do the very active (i.e. zip line) shore trips. I cruise 2 to 3 times a year I am friendly, helpful and easy to get along with. I have been traveling with single groups to avoid the single supplement but I have to admit they leave a lot to be desired. I am happily single (no overnites in the cabin!)and not looking for love onboard ship. I do smoke but I do not have to smoke in the cabin, I don't drink and I'm not religious; politically left. I would like to go on a cruise in late March '08 on the Spirit (Carnival) to Acapulco, Ixtapa and Manzinillo. Also interested in the destinations you mentioned. I can go pre-planned or last minute. You can email me: JeanieRich@aol.com
Old December 12th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Beginner

Hi Lindsay!

Please keep me in mind for an upcoming cruise - I like to do warm weather in the winter/spring but would also love to do an Alaskan cruise in summer/early fall. You can read everything about me in my "Hunting Widow" post and if that doesn't scare you to death you can email me, lol.

Have a great day!

HeloChick@rocketship.com
Old December 15th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Passenger

I just retired at 69yr. Female, 3 cruises. I would like to share expenses out of Tampa since that is where I live. I haven't seen to any of the Maya ruins yet. Looking at Royal Caribbean on Grandeur of the Sea. Sounds like an interesting job that uou have. I like being on the computer a lot but am not a geek. I used it a lot at work and got used to it's value. Love paying my bills on line which scares some people.
Good luck with finding a room mate!
Old December 19th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Beginner

I have friends in Palmetto, so departures from Tampa would work for me. I am not into the "party ships" that a lot of younger, spring-breakers are into. I think we would get along swell. I like RC and I'm spending Christmas on Monarch of the Seas for a quick holiday cruise. I just love to travel and get away, especially during extreme cold or extreme heat. Thank you for your reply - keep me posted on deals that you find!

HeloChick
Old January 9th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Beginner

I am interested in cruising in late March early April if you are. I am a 37yo married female who loves to cruise but doesn't have a lot friends with time or money. I'm a non smoker and hoping you might be as well. I love to do the adventurous active type of shore excursions, sun bathe, hit the gym, go to the spa. Basically take as much in as possible. I'm looking for someone to share the cabin and hang out with and am not looking for someone on the prowl for a romp or romance. At night I like to go to dinner, watch the shows and then dance for a bit. I want to see as many places as I can. I am a true sagitarius when it comes to adventure and fun. If your interested I would like to chat with you and get to know you more, maybe even see a picture of you and your adventures.
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Passenger

Default cruise buddy

Any chance you're available for a cruise from San Diego between Feb. 9-19?? I'll be visiting there (from NC). I'm a senior lady, NOT in need of a caretaker and share your interests of reading, writing, etc.
sk
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Familiar Face

Hello Lindsay

I really liked your posting for future travel companions...

I'm a SWF, 40ish, non-smoker, light drinker; somewhat more introvert than extrovert; in fair shape, but I do eat healthy and am not averse to spending time in the gym; college-educated, medical professional; liberal minded and not into discussing politics or religion.

I've travelled a lot, and there are still a great many places I want to visit. I'ved travelled alone, and I enjoy my own company; I've also had great times travelling with family, friends, and newly met travel companions. It's great to be able to share travel expenses, even more so when you can have a pleasant dinner and cocktails with interesting and fun people at the end of the day.

At least twice a year I get together with an unusual group, a great bunch of alternative minded people. I guess you could call some of them geeks; at least one of our group goes by the name "geekers". We've gone on at least 4 cruises so far (between 55-125 of us on each cruise).
I've brought non-freaks along at different times, and they have felt quite comfortable and had a great time. The group even sets time aside on board for games; I wouldn't be surprised if Warcraft might be one of the many that they enjoy. (they also play Lunch Money, Life With Master, Fluxx and other such). One of the group, from the UK, creates games actually.

Cruise #5 is this fall, 10 days to the Mediteranean, and I don't have a travel companion as yet.

I am not a hot weather lover, but all the previous cruises have been to hot destinations! I go for the company, and because I've never been to some of those places, and I always find cool things to do and to challenge myself. I've climbed Dunn"s River Falls, and on this last cruise went Helmet Diving in 15 ft of water (I don't even swim). These were things I chose for myself to do, and I am so glad I did---so cool!!

Much as I enjoy the group, I cannot be with them constantly, and actually look forward to the sanctuary of the cabin for peace and quiet, to read or relax; I enjoy a certain amout of quiet time to myself. Not looking for romance or cabin overnights, or wild escapades.

When traveling, I like to walk around places, see and do as much as I can; art, museums, historic places, scenic views, even the touristy stuff.
I'm more likely to be shopping for day of the dead figures, while everyone else is buying jewelery, but I buy other touristy crap too.

I have many interests that take me to many different places; I've gone on some paranormal conferences in the past few years, and along the way I've seen the King Tut exhibit, Mt St Helens, the St. Louis Arch,
Alcatraz prison, the Liberty Bell. This past fall I also went on the Dracula Tour in Romania--it was my second time. So it's not all cruising!

I love film, french language and culture, well, most of European culture acutally; halloween, comedy, reading, art, writing, history; eclectic taste in music.

Some of the places I'm hoping to visit in the near future:
Egypt (Nile cruise?), Japan, and most of the orient, Alaska, more of the Carribbean and more of Europe, India, French Polynesia, Hawaii, as well as pursue my other travel interests. (Like maybe the Moosefest, a gathering of people who are fans of Northern Exposure) as well as more paranormal conferences. And of course, some more cruises.

You have had so many interesting replies! There should almost be enough people here to start a girlfriend getaway group!

Hope I didn't ramble on too much---and maybe I'll hear back from you
sometime!

Sandrine
Old January 15th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Admiral

Sandrine, you might add Winchester House to your to do list when next on the west coast. Sarah Winchester's estate seems like one of your kind of places - unique, haunting, historic, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine
Hello Lindsay

I really liked your posting for future travel companions...

I'm a SWF, 40ish, non-smoker, light drinker; somewhat more introvert than extrovert; in fair shape, but I do eat healthy and am not averse to spending time in the gym; college-educated, medical professional; liberal minded and not into discussing politics or religion.

I've travelled a lot, and there are still a great many places I want to visit. I'ved travelled alone, and I enjoy my own company; I've also had great times travelling with family, friends, and newly met travel companions. It's great to be able to share travel expenses, even more so when you can have a pleasant dinner and cocktails with interesting and fun people at the end of the day.

At least twice a year I get together with an unusual group, a great bunch of alternative minded people. I guess you could call some of them geeks; at least one of our group goes by the name "geekers". We've gone on at least 4 cruises so far (between 55-125 of us on each cruise).
I've brought non-freaks along at different times, and they have felt quite comfortable and had a great time. The group even sets time aside on board for games; I wouldn't be surprised if Warcraft might be one of the many that they enjoy. (they also play Lunch Money, Life With Master, Fluxx and other such). One of the group, from the UK, creates games actually.

Cruise #5 is this fall, 10 days to the Mediteranean, and I don't have a travel companion as yet.

I am not a hot weather lover, but all the previous cruises have been to hot destinations! I go for the company, and because I've never been to some of those places, and I always find cool things to do and to challenge myself. I've climbed Dunn"s River Falls, and on this last cruise went Helmet Diving in 15 ft of water (I don't even swim). These were things I chose for myself to do, and I am so glad I did---so cool!!

Much as I enjoy the group, I cannot be with them constantly, and actually look forward to the sanctuary of the cabin for peace and quiet, to read or relax; I enjoy a certain amout of quiet time to myself. Not looking for romance or cabin overnights, or wild escapades.

When traveling, I like to walk around places, see and do as much as I can; art, museums, historic places, scenic views, even the touristy stuff.
I'm more likely to be shopping for day of the dead figures, while everyone else is buying jewelery, but I buy other touristy crap too.

I have many interests that take me to many different places; I've gone on some paranormal conferences in the past few years, and along the way I've seen the King Tut exhibit, Mt St Helens, the St. Louis Arch,
Alcatraz prison, the Liberty Bell. This past fall I also went on the Dracula Tour in Romania--it was my second time. So it's not all cruising!

I love film, french language and culture, well, most of European culture acutally; halloween, comedy, reading, art, writing, history; eclectic taste in music.

Some of the places I'm hoping to visit in the near future:
Egypt (Nile cruise?), Japan, and most of the orient, Alaska, more of the Carribbean and more of Europe, India, French Polynesia, Hawaii, as well as pursue my other travel interests. (Like maybe the Moosefest, a gathering of people who are fans of Northern Exposure) as well as more paranormal conferences. And of course, some more cruises.

You have had so many interesting replies! There should almost be enough people here to start a girlfriend getaway group!

Hope I didn't ramble on too much---and maybe I'll hear back from you
sometime!

Sandrine
Old January 16th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Familiar Face

Actually, I have been to the Winchester House; pretty amazing, and I wish I had been able to spend more time there.
Old January 16th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Passenger

Default Cruisemate response

Hey, I liked your expose, Lindsay!! Ditto on the reading, writing, exercise (yoga mostly), straight-ness, preference for warm weather, and frankness.
I've done the Alaska cruise, last cruise in Nov. was Lisbon to Rio, fantastic transatlantic. Have been to the Caribbean several times. Lately I've been researching that Moscow to St.Petersburg river cruise.
Next month I'm heading to San Diego for a couple of weeks and had hoped to make the Mexican Riviera Ryndam cruise but couldn't find anyone to go with and now they are sold out. Oh well, will just spend time in that beautiful city and perhaps pick up a short cruise at the port.
Best time for me to cruise is in the fall, Oct./Nov. or the holidays through Feb. Charlotte, NC is beautiful in the spring and I have lots of yard/garden so I like to be here, and for summer, the coast is only half day away.
Do keep in touch,
Sally charlottetravel@earthlink.net
Old January 16th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Admiral

Cool, over east is The Monumental Church, which nutured the mind of young Edgar Alan Poe. It is now open again after some years closure. My cousin, his wife, and niece, and 69 other souls hang out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine
Actually, I have been to the Winchester House; pretty amazing, and I wish I had been able to spend more time there.
Old January 19th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello Everyone!!

I am interested in finding a cabin mate for a specific cruise... But I am also open to meeting cabin mates for life! I seem to be the only person in my circle of friends that likes cruises!!! Stinks for me! I need better friends!! I am excited however, to find such a forum that meets my addiction!!!

I will copy and paste my original post if any of you are inerested then please do e-mail me... I am interested in talking further. But I rather do it privately through e mail rather than a message board! Thank you.

Tara
Kkayllie@msn.com

--------

Hi, I am looking to go on a cruise alone on March 7th, 2008. I would rather not pay double the price, so I am looking for a cabin mate or two.

This is a Royal Caribbeans Empress Of The Seas 3 night cruise leaving from Puerto Rico. It stops at St Thomas and St Maarten.

It is $608 per person at cheapest ocean view.

This is Empress OTS LAST cruise.. they will be selling their ship to their sister company.

I am 24 female, non smoker, no kids and i am in a relationship- Not interested in hooking up. I dont care if you are a male or female (or both), gay, bi or straight, young or old, smoker or drinker,etc .. I am not judgemental, opinionated, or picky. I am not looking specifically for a hang out friend, just someone to share the cost of the room with. If we should get along well, then of course we can party the night away. I only say that because some people on here are looking to find a friend to do everything with, go to the beach, excursions, dinner, night life, etc... my first objective is just to get on the ship lol... then we can see how it goes.

If interested reply and then we can exchange emails. Thanks.

The RCI page-

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...litary=&state=
Old January 19th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Passenger

Default Possibly a repeat reply

Hi Lindsey,
I do believe I've replied to you previously. Having a time keeping track of emails on this site. Let me know.
Sally - charlottetravel@earthlink.net
Old March 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Passenger

Default Hey Lindsay!

I am in the same boat as you!! Iam a 30 years old female that can also pick up and go , I am looking to get in on the cruise for 20's and 30's coming up in April 6,2008. I am a non smoker like to stay in shape and also get the most out of any vacation. I wonder the same thing why my peers are chained linked to work and find trouble trying to say yes to a planned vacation since they are single?? Go Figure??? Here is the link for this cruise I am trying to do
http://www.singlescruise.com/cruises...Caribbean.aspx
Looks like a blast,! I will be flying into Lauderdale from Washington D.C.

Hope to hear from you soon!

JoAnnett
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Default Peers are chained

Chained is the appropriate term. Not just your peers - see the pattern from the 20YOs through the 60YOs. Seems we reinstituted slavery about the late 80's when we put electronic chains on folks called cell phones. Slavery = 24 x 7 availability and the inability to own any free time. See loads of folks doing nothing but accumulating vacation days these days with never a chance to use them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valsun
I wonder the same thing why my peers are chained linked to work and find trouble trying to say yes to a planned vacation since they are single.
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Beginner

Default Cruise on March 14th??

Hi Lindsey,

Would you be interested in sharing a cabin for either a 7 day or 9 day cruise on March 14th/March 16th...

I know it is last minute, but the prices are great..

Thanks,
Melissa Kane
melanne@mindspring.com
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Beginner

How much is this cruise JoAnnette? I tried looking it up and it seems they want you to call.
Robin
Old March 7th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Passenger

Default Hi Robin,

I think it will be under 600 for each of us, or we can book one with a ocean view which is 825 ish each. I sooo want to go to this cruise are you seriously considering? If so let me know if you are a smoker or not, and other information that may be good to know,!! Hope Hope this wil work and I can find someone soon so I can book flight from DC.

JA
Old March 7th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Beginner

see my post under beedabird, closer to the top.
I'm at work now so can't write much.
Robin
Old March 7th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Passenger

Default Great

It sounds like you will be a good cabinmate, this is my first cruise so I just want to take it all in and get some relaxing, exercise and mingling in. It is a "Singles" focused cruise so there will be all kinds of events going on. (Not sure if you will be wanting to participate being married and all) ?

At the same time, do not worry about any type of invasion of space , if I do want to get to know another single better I will not make you feel uncomfortable

JA
Old March 7th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Beginner

I'm married but not boring married. I'm up for it all except for bringing guys back to the room. Let me see what kind of airfare I can get and see if my boss will let me have some time off. My work email is rlancaster@pugetsound.org. There is another gal that may want to go also that I've been in touch with. Not sure how you feel about three to a room. It might make the room rate cheaper. I have done three or four cruises and have found the room with the small window is not worth $125 more. We will be spending more time outside than in the room and that $125 can be used for shore excursions, spa or more importantly drinks. However I think I spent about that in bingo last time I was cruising. Those days on the ship get you $$ching $$ching.