Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Passenger

Default Cruisemate Needed June-Sept 2008 ~ 20s

I am a 21-year-old female, non-smoker, light drinker from Western NY. I recently graduated from college and now I'm working full-time. I didn't take any time off after graduation, and I'm ready for a getaway!

I only have 4 vacation days to use, so I would prefer a 3-4 night cruise, but I am able to go on a 7-night cruise if it's over Labor Day because then I can still use only 4 vacation days. For budget reasons, I am looking for an inside stateroom, but if there's not a huge price difference, I'd consider an "upgrade". Here are some suggestions for specific cruises (but I'm open to other suggestions):
Carnival Inspiration (5 nights: Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel)
Carnival Valor (7 nights: Miami, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan, Belize)
Royal Caribbean Enchantment (5 nights: Ft Lauderdale, Key West, Belize, Cozumel)
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas (4 nights: LA, San Diego, Catalina Island, Ensenada)
Royal Caribbean Sovereign (3 nights: Pt Canaveral, CocoCay, Nassau)

I've had plenty of experience with roommates over the past few years, so I'm respectful of sharing the room. I'm laid-back, sociable, and just looking for a relaxing but fun vacation. Like I said, I'm just ready to relax, hit the beach, and have a good time!
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruisemate Needed May-Sept 2008 ~ 20s

Just a tip - look into a Southwest Airlines VISA card with 8 credits at sign up. Run your bills through the card to the amount of $8,000 (paying the card in full each month) and you will have the 16 credits needed for a free flight. SWA does Albany and from there you can get to the Florida cruise hubs. Your best fit is probably Carnival, Western Caribbean. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bqkali
I am a 21-year-old female, non-smoker, light drinker from Western NY. I recently graduated from college and now I'm working full-time. I didn't take any time off after graduation, and I'm ready for a getaway!

I don't have tons of time or cash, so I am looking for someone who's interested in sharing an inside stateroom on a 3-5 night cruise. I'm pretty flexible as to the exact cruise, with the following preferences:
*travel anytime May 15-September 30 except 9/3-9/5
*cruise price (pre-tax) must be $100/night or less
*must stop at 2 or more ports

I've had plenty of experience with roommates over the past few years, so I'm respectful of sharing the room. I'm laid-back, sociable, and just looking for a relaxing but fun vacation. I'd also like someone who's willing to go to dinner with me most or all nights. Other than that, we can hang out onboard or in port as much or as little as you'd like. I'd prefer a female roommate in her 20s, but even if you only fit one of those categories, I'd consider cruising with you. Like I said, I'm just ready to relax, hit the beach, and have a good time!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old March 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Just a tip - look into a Southwest Airlines VISA card with 8 credits at sign up. Run your bills through the card to the amount of $8,000 (paying the card in full each month) and you will have the 16 credits needed for a free flight. SWA does Albany and from there you can get to the Florida cruise hubs. Your best fit is probably Carnival, Western Caribbean. 8)
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, SWA doesn't fly out of ROC and paying to drive/park at Buffalo doesn't really make a free ticket worth it IMHO. I'll have to look into credit cards for other airlines - I never thought of doing that before :)
Old March 27th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Admiral

Could also Amtrak down, not necessarily to FLL, but to BWI which is a SWA airport? The card trick is doable with other airlines - just takes longer IMHO. If you want to rust, not tan, you could grab a western coastal repositioning cruise from San Diego/Los Angeles to Seattle or Vancouver BC - they can be 1-4 days and cheap, or try a transatlantic and ditch the ship at Bermuda after a few days - some in the $500 range pp?

I believe Carnival stockholders may also get a discount on the line - might look into that angle, too. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bqkali
Quote:
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, SWA doesn't fly out of ROC and paying to drive/park at Buffalo doesn't really make a free ticket worth it IMHO. I'll have to look into credit cards for other airlines - I never thought of doing that before
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old March 31st, 2008, 03:56 PM
First Mate

Quote:
This is bad idea. I do not recommend this unless you have full control of your finance and money.

In 2007, an average American saved -1.0%. And, 4% rise in productivity, but 100% rise in debts (in 2006, at least there was a +1% saving)

Americans LOVE to spend, but are clueless when it comes to saving. There are ways to get free stuffs w/o spending...have you tried boyfriend?? j/k

consider this b4 opening new credit card acct:

1) annual fee
2) if you close your credit card acct, you will hurt your credit score.
3) each time you open a new acct, you give your creditor/bank permission to sell your private info. have you noticed why you get many credit card mail spams??

and, if you decide to open a new card, get cash back option! 'tis better than above offer.
Old March 31st, 2008, 04:42 PM
Admiral

XCB - agree debt is bad. However, an advantage over cashback is that SWA had their gift card special - 1 credit per $100 gift card w/5 card max. Hence, 8 credits for signing + 5 credits for gift cards (gift to me<g>) leaving 3 for a flight worth about $400. Cost for card = $50, so a RoR much higher than a bank account, stock, or RE investment!

The keyword is control. I'm an auditor, so that is my bag. In my opinion, the only way to fly cheaper is to become the District Attorney of Bexar County and fly using stolen SWA vouchers. That works well until you get caught!<g>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=009

"Proudly giving the Bexar County DA hell in honor of cousin JM Rose, who died in 1836 fighting a corrupt public official named Santa Ana."

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCalBear
Quote:
This is bad idea. I do not recommend this unless you have full control of your finance and money.

In 2007, an average American saved -1.0%. And, 4% rise in productivity, but 100% rise in debts (in 2006, at least there was a +1% saving)

Americans LOVE to spend, but are clueless when it comes to saving. There are ways to get free stuffs w/o spending...have you tried boyfriend?? j/k

consider this b4 opening new credit card acct:

1) annual fee
2) if you close your credit card acct, you will hurt your credit score.
3) each time you open a new acct, you give your creditor/bank permission to sell your private info. have you noticed why you get many credit card mail spams??

and, if you decide to open a new card, get cash back option! 'tis better than above offer.
Old April 17th, 2008, 05:17 PM
First Mate

good read:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/17/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Government needs to stay far away from cred companies. People oughta take responsibilities for debts!
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:20 PM
Beginner

Hi my name is bo Im 22 and male live in eagle river, alaska just outside of anchorage. Ive been lookin for caribbean cruises and would love to go and I dont like being cold here when it is. so im looking for a cruise mate too. my email is skydiverbb@hotmail.com
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:21 PM
Beginner

Hi my name is bo Im 22 and male live in eagle river, alaska just outside of anchorage. Ive been lookin for caribbean cruises and would love to go and I dont like being cold here when it is. so im looking for a cruise mate too. my email is skydiverbb@hotmail.com
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:22 PM
Beginner

Old May 1st, 2008, 09:30 PM
Beginner

oops sorry I accidently triple posted my bad
Old May 14th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to prakash

Hi,

I am Prakash from India. 58, civil engineer, planning to go on a cruise in August-September this year.

First timer and like to have a companion.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Prakash