Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Passenger

Default Gal seeks 1-2 same South America Cruise Around Horn

December through March is "summer" there

the January 2009 cruise includes Port Stanley while the others from Nov
through March dont.

14 Nt Buenos Aires - Valparaiso Cruise on RCL

"From ancient Incan ruins to the vast Amazonian rain forests, the towering Andes mountain chain to the otherworldly beauty of Patagonia, South America is a stunning study in contrasts. A place where the diverse and spectacular are the norm. "

and dont forget the Penguins )

Day Port *** Arrive Depart Activity

Day 1 Buenos Aires, Argentina 9:00 PM

Day 2 Montevideo, Uruguay 10:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

Day 3 Cruising Cruising

Day 4 Puerto Madryn, Argentina 9:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked

Day 5 Cruising Cruising

Day 6 Port Stanley, Falkland Islands 9:00 AM 6:00 PM Tendered

Day 7 Cruising Cruising

Day 8 Cape Horn, Chile 4:00 PM 6:00 PM Cruising

Day 9 Ushuaia, Argentina 6:00 AM 4:00 PM Tendered

Day 10 Punta Arenas, Chile 9:30 AM 7:00 PM Tendered

Day 11 Strait Of Magellan Cruising

Day 12 Chilean Fjords Cruising

Day 13 Puerto Montt, Chile 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered

Day 14 Cruising Cruising

Day 15 Valparaiso, Chile 4:00 AM

I prefer a balcony cabin, but haven't booked yet, pretty sure the prices are going to come down...some agencies are offering air with trip which is a very good deal - would like to spend a couple of days in Buenos Aires
before boarding boat - if 2 more gals were interested the price for three would be much more reasonable.

Please PM me if interested.
straight divorced female 60-ish seeks gal cabin mates 40's to 60's interested in sharing expenses for Caribbean and European Transatlantic-repositioning cruises and land trips: Bahamas, southern Caribbean cruise, Mediterranean cruise Greece Prefer balcony when affordable.
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Gal seeks 1-2 same South America Cruise Around Horn

Might check concerning the typical condition of the waters rounding South America - my first choice would be inside, low and center of the ship FWIW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLady
December through March is "summer" there

the January 2009 cruise includes Port Stanley while the others from Nov
through March dont.

14 Nt Buenos Aires - Valparaiso Cruise on RCL

"From ancient Incan ruins to the vast Amazonian rain forests, the towering Andes mountain chain to the otherworldly beauty of Patagonia, South America is a stunning study in contrasts. A place where the diverse and spectacular are the norm. "

and dont forget the Penguins )

Day Port *** Arrive Depart Activity

Day 1 Buenos Aires, Argentina 9:00 PM

Day 2 Montevideo, Uruguay 10:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

Day 3 Cruising Cruising

Day 4 Puerto Madryn, Argentina 9:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked

Day 5 Cruising Cruising

Day 6 Port Stanley, Falkland Islands 9:00 AM 6:00 PM Tendered

Day 7 Cruising Cruising

Day 8 Cape Horn, Chile 4:00 PM 6:00 PM Cruising

Day 9 Ushuaia, Argentina 6:00 AM 4:00 PM Tendered

Day 10 Punta Arenas, Chile 9:30 AM 7:00 PM Tendered

Day 11 Strait Of Magellan Cruising

Day 12 Chilean Fjords Cruising

Day 13 Puerto Montt, Chile 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered

Day 14 Cruising Cruising

Day 15 Valparaiso, Chile 4:00 AM

I prefer a balcony cabin, but haven't booked yet, pretty sure the prices are going to come down...some agencies are offering air with trip which is a very good deal - would like to spend a couple of days in Buenos Aires
before boarding boat - if 2 more gals were interested the price for three would be much more reasonable.

Please PM me if interested.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old May 18th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Passenger

Actually the ship isn't one of the little ones like the Explorer ... if it was going to hit an iceberg I'd rather be up top
straight divorced female 60-ish seeks gal cabin mates 40's to 60's interested in sharing expenses for Caribbean and European Transatlantic-repositioning cruises and land trips: Bahamas, southern Caribbean cruise, Mediterranean cruise Greece Prefer balcony when affordable.
Old May 20th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Lady, Was just browsing Fodors website forums-Europe. One girl ;Apree Londee did exhausive blog on her budget Paris trip. Look it up . Fodors great site, lots of informed people. Hows your cabinmate quest coming?? I did book Solstice Jan. 18 09. Its a little over rack rate but they find me a cabinmate if I fail at it. Lots of good deals out there now. I would do your S.A. if it was Celebrity. Do you ever get tired of RCL? I did NCL 3 times in row because of great Euro itin. last year; this year they are doing Britain market which I hate. Kathy
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Passenger

Default Celebrity

Kathy, I canceled my Celebrity Concierge balcony cruise and I wont be
sailing them anytime in the future either. I book balconies because I smoke. Not in the cabin but out on the balcony . For the prices I pay for a balcony I expect to be able to go out there and have a cigarette with my coffee.

I suspect a lot of other people feel the same way because they are lowering and lowering their prices.

thanks, I am very familiar with Fodors and it is an excellent site.

Bon Voyage and have a good trip.
Old September 7th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Passenger

Hi

I am a young 60ish WFS nonsmoker who loves to travel and have fun, social drinker. The idea of a cruise around the Horn is very appealing.
Old September 21st, 2008, 02:00 PM
Passenger

This is a great cruise which I was interested in but the cost is just too high at this time so I have been concentrating on a Panama cruise from San Diego.

If the cost is reasonable I might be able to consider. I am SWF 60ish nonsmoker social drinker.

What ships are you considering?

Peggy
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

cruise fare for s. amerca has gone down, but air has trippled. sheeesssh.. econ is in bad shape....I can afford cruise, but air is too much for my pocket.
Old October 12th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Passenger

Default No Air to pay for involved in 48 day S America cruise

Hi Travel Bum,

I noticed that too - for the shorter Soth America cruise the air is $1000 plus ,

but on the 48 day cruise there is no flying to meet the boat in south america...you leave from Prt Canaveral and it takes you through the Caribbean to South America through Mexico to LA...
Old October 12th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: No Air to pay for involved in 48 day S America cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMyLady
Hi Travel Bum,

I noticed that too - for the shorter Soth America cruise the air is $1000 plus ,

but on the 48 day cruise there is no flying to meet the boat in south america...you leave from Prt Canaveral and it takes you through the Caribbean to South America through Mexico to LA...
I concur. Flying to S. America, Asia, Aussie continents will cost you a pension plan. Unfortunately, I can't afford it. With Asia, it's cheap to fly from the West coast (under $900)
Old November 2nd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Would you be interested in cruising on the Carnival Splendor Feb 17, 2009 around the horn Buenos Aires to Santiago Chile? This is a 14 day cruise. You would have the cabin to yourself but in need of a boarding pass!!! I am a 50ish female.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
Passenger

thanks Randy. But that trip would not be of interest to me.

I have found a wonderful cabin mate for the trip -