Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Beginner

Default Looking for Roommate out of Galveston July/August

I have been on a cruise once before. I am looking for a cruise buddy to avoid paying double occupancy. I am a young teacher, non-smoker and social drinker. I am easy to get along with. I am maried with 1 daughter. Id like to go on a cruise In July or August returning before the 6th of August.
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2008, 01:11 PM
First Mate

Carnival is the only player in Texas.
Old July 5th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Admiral

Might also try Carnival out of Miami, instead of Galveston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCalBear
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old July 5th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Beginner

ahh I see that now... Well I am looking to not spend money on a plane ticket. I can drive to Galveston.
Old July 5th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Admiral

Just make sure the fare is not a better deal out of Miami - the Galveston fares now seem to have a premium (no competition)? If Galveston, park at a private lot (other than the port authority parking) for the shuttles. Port authority parking is more of a hassle.

BTW, my diver kiddo and I do school presentations locally when our fins are drying out.

Have fun during the rest of the break. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Teach4
ahh I see that now... Well I am looking to not spend money on a plane ticket. I can drive to Galveston.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old July 5th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Beginner

Thats a good point! I did notice that they were cheaper last summer when we went. Thank you!
Old July 5th, 2008, 09:56 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Lousiana isnt far drive from TeXas. You may have better cruise selections from Lousiana. also, check out SWA. very cheap flights to Florida from TeXas.
Old July 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Quote:
Lousiana isnt far drive from TeXas. You may have better cruise selections from Lousiana. also, check out SWA. very cheap flights to Florida from TeXas.
Better selections from NOLA? I don't think so.

OP: I'll look for a deal.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 6th, 2008, 03:01 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman
Quote:
Quote:
Better selections from NOLA? I don't think so.

OP: I'll look for a deal.
Never heard of Nola. Is that the redneck area??
Old July 6th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Default NOLA

If you don't know what it means, you probably shouldn't be giving advise about it.

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 6th, 2008, 04:54 PM
First Mate

Default Re: NOLA

Quote:
If you don't know what it means, you probably shouldn't be giving advise about it.
Pardon me for being young and stupid. I still have many things to learn. So, kindly educate me on the meaning and whereabout of Nola, please. I do know for a fact that Texas has three ports for commercial cruise, but only one is open for business. Unfortunately, Carnival is the only player in Texas (for now). Other cruise lines boycott Texas port authority because of high port tax and fee.

Now, assuming you're from nowhereland, Texas; Lousiana port is still the next nearest port for Texas residents. Am I correct???
Old July 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster

Quote:
If you're Texas resident, I do not recommend Miami. flight is too bloody expensive. I'd suggest Fort Lauderdale instead. Use Delta/SWA. Expect to pay under $200 for roundfare during off-peak. Also, check out Los Angeles port. Sometimes you can find cheap flights to LA, but ground transportation from airport to cruise port is very expensive. Try getting more people to split cab fare.
Old July 6th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Pardon me for being young and stupid. I still have many things to learn. So, kindly educate me on the meaning and whereabout of Nola, please. I do know for a fact that Texas has three ports for commercial cruise, but only one is open for business. Unfortunately, Carnival is the only player in Texas (for now). Other cruise lines boycott Texas port authority because of high port tax and fee.

Now, assuming you're from nowhereland, Texas; Lousiana port is still the next nearest port for Texas residents. Am I correct???
JFGI--or try: NOLA.com

Yes, you have a lot to learn.

Future Cruises:
Old July 6th, 2008, 05:45 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

JFGI--or try: NOLA.com

Yes, you have a lot to learn.
Learning is my passion ;-) btw, can you just tell me in your own word about Nola??
Old July 6th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Admiral

It's the universal (maybe not in California) abbreviation for: New Orleans, Louisiana

NO = New Orleans

LA = Louisiana

NOLA = New Orleans, Louisiana.

Future Cruises:
Old July 6th, 2008, 07:04 PM
First Mate

Quote:
It's the universal (maybe not in California) abbreviation for: New Orleans, Louisiana

NO = New Orleans

LA = Louisiana

NOLA = New Orleans, Louisiana.
Ah! silly name, indeed.
Old July 7th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Admiral

Right, SWA to FLL then shuttle to Miami. BTW, NOLA is the Big Easy although I have never heard it called NOLA locally. My boss certainly never calls it such and she knows her king cakes. 8) Have cruised out of the port - favorite part is when the ship transitions between salt and fresh water on the river. The buoyancy of the water differs so there is a bit of a bump.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster

Quote:
If you're Texas resident, I do not recommend Miami. flight is too bloody expensive. I'd suggest Fort Lauderdale instead. Use Delta/SWA. Expect to pay under $200 for roundfare during off-peak. Also, check out Los Angeles port. Sometimes you can find cheap flights to LA, but ground transportation from airport to cruise port is very expensive. Try getting more people to split cab fare.
Old July 15th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jayc
Default are you still lookin

Im looking to go on a cruise as a last minute trip. Last week of July or 1st week of Aug
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Beginner

Default already have a roommate?

i am looking to book the carnival ecstasy 31july-4aug out of galveston too & wanted someone to share my cabin costs too. have you already found someone? i also am a non-smoker, social drinker.