CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Senior Cabinmate (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/353273-senior-cabinmate.html)

mystro July 9th, 2008 12:01 AM

Senior Cabinmate

Am a recent widower ..62 yrs old straight WM grandfather
love to have fun but also enjoy mello kickbacks.
I am very respectful of others.
I am an easy going non-smoker who enjoys a drink or two.

Kids are grown but keep after me to get on with my life.
I know they are right, but the thought of single travel leaves me
a little cool but then, who wants to stay at home forever?

Opening a search for a non smoking roomie someone to share some expenses.
Hopefully we can be compatable but this not an absolute requirement.
I would prefer a male companion but female would be OK.
I think once we get on board we can go our separate ways.

I'm open for any distination but would prefer 9+ days.
I'm currently looking at exotic western carib for the winter but lets talk.

Divemaster July 9th, 2008 01:44 AM

Re: Senior Cabinmate

So Mystro, are you an a Mariner who sailed the Rotterdam V? Interested in sailing Rotterdam VI?

mystro July 10th, 2008 01:24 PM

Ahh the grand-dame SS Rotterdam V, flagship extraordinaire in the days when ships were ships not floating super malls. She was very close to one to the greatest ships ever and truely built for around-the-world cruising.

I'll PM Ya..thanks for reminding me of her. :)

Divemaster July 10th, 2008 05:41 PM

Yeah, I took it you also had the priviledge to sail her. Still my favorite ship after 20 years at sea. 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystro
Ahh the grand-dame SS Rotterdam V, flagship extraordinaire in the days when ships were ships not floating super malls. She was very close to one to the greatest ships ever and truely built for around-the-world cruising.

I'll PM Ya..thanks for reminding me of her. :)

mystro July 17th, 2008 12:36 PM

I've had several people who responded via Private Messages which I've sent messages too but only 2 have followed-up..I suspect some are not checking their PM's.

I'll repost if I don't find a match so anyone interested enough to send a PM please also include contact info. thanks

Divemaster July 17th, 2008 10:52 PM

Relevance expired.

PiggyTiger September 29th, 2008 12:02 AM

I am a budget traveller and would like to share cabin for cruise in Nov or Dec 98. Send me an e-mail piggytiger8@yahoo.com.

dhult15 October 15th, 2008 01:49 PM

Hi,

I am a non-smoking female, married (but husband does not travel), 60, retired (but substitute teach part-time) well-traveled (72 countries), over 40 cruises (most on HAL), non-drinker, avid reader, enjoy ship games especially trivia, see a lot of theater locally in Dallas.

I am not looking for a short cruise roommate, but one for longer, exotic cruises - just a room share to lessen the financial burden. I want to go on the the following cruise in 2009:

65-DAY AUSTRALIA, GREAT BARRIER REEF, & ORIENT
Ship: ms Volendam
Ports of Call: Auckland, New Zealand; Sydney, Australia; Whitsunday Island, Australia; Cairns, Australia; Ribbon Reef Region; Far North and Torres Strait; Darwin, Australia; Slawi Bay, Komodo, Indonesia; Padang Bai, Bali, Indonesia; Semarang, Indonesia; Singapore; Kemaman, Malaysia; Bangkok, Thailand; Phu My, Vietnam; Kotakinabalu, Malaysia; Puerto Princesa, Philippines; Manila, Philippines; Hong Kong, China; Shanghai, China; Xingang (Beijing), China; Dalian, People's Repulic of Ch; Cheju City,South Korea; Kagoshima, Japan; Kobe, Japan; Tokyo, Japan; Hakodate, Japan; Otaru, Japan; Petropavlovsk, Russia; Cross International Dateline; Kodiak, Alaska; Homer, Alaska, U.S.; Sitka, Alaska; Ketchikan, Alaska; Vancouver, British Columbia
Departure Port: Auckland, New Zealand
Departure Dates: Mar 16, 2009

And then another cruise in 2010:
Voyage from Asia to Africa aboard OCEAN PRINCESS April 2 - June 7, 2010 for 65 days from Singapore to Dover. Itinerary: Depart from home city to Singapore and transfer to hotel for overnight stay before embarking Ocean Princess and sailing to Kuala Lumpur, Yangon, Madras, Bombay, Mina Oaboos (Oman), Dubai, Mahe, Nosy Be, Durban, East London, Cape Town (3 days), Luderitz, Walvis Bay, Cotonou, Lome, Tema, Banjul, Dakar, Mindelo, Tenerife, Madeira, Casablanca, Ceuta, Cadiz, Lisbon, LeHavre and conclude in Dover, then transfer to airport for return flight home. Rates start at $11,485 per person, double occupancy including stateroom, round trip air transportation, 1-night hotel in Singapore, transfers, all taxes and fuel supplement. Unprecedented itinerary on a 670-passenger ship!

Diane

john august smith October 19th, 2008 11:40 AM

Hello, I am a straight male, 74, cruised 30 times, non smoker, like wine with meal, easy going. Would be interested in 9-14 day cruise in March/April 2009 in Caribbean. Would enjoy hearing from you. I go out on the Solstice Feb 1st. John

Meg's Mom November 6th, 2008 08:34 AM

Hi,
I am an experienced cruiser, am singlefemale 61. Always need a ship mate, male or female. Thinking of the future possibly fall 2009 or winter 2010. Already have a trip planned this year with my daughter.
My preference is the caribbean or pacific, but am open to other locations as long as it is warm, hot summery weather. Perhaps you are not interested in waiting that long, but I find it more enjoyable with the build up waiting and the cruise is paid for ahead of time.
Lil

Valentine216 November 26th, 2008 08:15 AM

Hi There,

How about the Star Princess on December 22, 2008 to South America for 14 days?

Valentine

dhult15 November 26th, 2008 05:52 PM

Sorry, I've already done South America a couple of times. I'm trying to go to new countries. I will be with my husband for the holidays.
Diane

vic22rus December 2nd, 2008 12:51 AM

NCL cruise companion needed

I am looking for a cruise companion to save on cabin price.
My family booked a cabin early I am joining them last minute.
I am ready to book please contact me at e-mail vic22rus@aol.com.
About a cruise
NCL line, Norwegian Gem sailing on 12/6/08 from New York to Bahamas 7 days
We have a 2 single ladies in our group few years younger than you...

Valentine216 December 2nd, 2008 08:29 AM

Hi Diane,

Thanks for reaching out. I can only vacation when schools are closed. I'm a school counselor. Happy Holidays.

Lorraine