Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Passenger

Default Meeting for San Diego/S. Calif. Seeking Cruise Companions

It seems there are a few of us interested in meeting cruise companions who live in the San Diego/southern California area. A few of us are meeting on Wednesday, October 1 at 1:15p.m.-2:15 p.m. at Subway, 13350 Camino Del Sur, #2, San Diego. You can use mapquest or call Subway at 858-538-6153 for directions. It is just off Hwy. 56 (Ted Williams Pkwy.) between Interstate 5 and 15.
Feel free to bring any brochures, notes, etc., of cruises you are interested in to share with others.
This is an opportunity to meet others with similar interests before we book a cruise with each other to avoid that dreaded "single supplement'.
Hope to see you there. If you have questions, etc., you can contact Nancy at this site or at mysummer2@earthlink.net or Peggy at pegmarlow@sbcglobal.net.
Old September 26th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Admiral

What a great concept Nancy! Bob
Old September 26th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Passenger

Thanks so much, Bob. Will you be attending? Nancy
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:29 AM
quahog03

Default Great Idea

I'd be there in a heartbeat if I lived out that way.
Again Great idea.
Ed
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Passenger

Thanks Ed.
Old October 6th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Passenger

How did your get together go? Any potential cruises come out of it? I live in the L.A. area and would love to do a cruise that leaves from L.A. or San Diego either for a long weekend or over Thanksgiving week. Any interest?
Old October 6th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Passenger

Hi Deb,
Gee, thanks for asking. Yes, three of us met-August, Peggy and myself met at Subway last week. We got to know each other a bit. I would gladly travel with either lady, and hope to do so in the future. Peggy is going on a Panama Canal trip on October 16, I think, and August is going on a 4 day cruise on October 18. We talked about a trip to the Mediterranean in the future. Peg and I talked about cabins with a low single supplement cost so we could cruise together but still have our own room. In fact, she found the Panama Canal cruise that is only $230 more for a single. I thought that concept was a great idea, and with so many of us searching out cruises, I think there is a good possibility we could find others like the one Peggy found.
Al, Bob and Tom as well as a lady from Hawaii whose email I lost, also expressed interest in cruising out of San Diego, Long Beach or LA and meeting up sometime. Their names are on this forum if you want to go back and look. Even though I didn't get to meet any of them, they all seemed like good people.
I am having knee replacement surgery on October 17. I'm watching cruises and people wanting roommates passing me by. It is so frustrating, but I know I'll be back soon, but not quite by Thanksgiving.
Stay in touch. Nancy
Old October 7th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Passenger

I hope your surgery goes well. It would be great to go on a cruise together some time.
Old October 7th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Beginner

such a wonderful idea! I would love to go on a cruise leaving out of the West Coast myself and am newly single (no cruise buddy). Great idea!
Old October 8th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Passenger

Thanks
Old November 2nd, 2008, 10:16 PM
Beginner

Delete
Old November 2nd, 2008, 10:55 PM
Passenger

Hi Terri,
Three of us met. It was good putting faces to those I've emailed on this board. There have been a few people since who wanted to attend if we have another meet-up. If you are going to be in southern California in the near future, and plan to be in the San Diego area, I can plan the group around your dates. Let me know, OK? Nancy
Old November 2nd, 2008, 10:59 PM
Passenger

Terri,
One more thing-we were just brainstorming, but we did talk about renting a suite on a cruise. I thought it might be about the same price as sharing and it would accommodate several of us if there was a trip that several wantoed to go on. Just a thought. Nancy