CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Mexico from Long Beach/San Diego - Female 1st Time Cruiser (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/357057-mexico-long-beach-san-diego-female-1st-time-cruiser.html)

Margaret3728 October 7th, 2008 03:23 PM

Mexico from Long Beach/San Diego - Female 1st Time Cruiser

Hi,
I am looking for a cabinmate, ideally female, to share expenses. Since i have never cruised, would like to start with one of these short (3 - 5 days) Mexico cruises.
I am happy to be on my own but looking to cut the single supplement.
About me: SWF, straight, divorced for many years, early 50s, smoker but will not smoke in cabin, successfully self-employed, so have flexibility on dates.
I am interested in the whole cruise experience, i.e.the experience in being on a ship, the food, entertainment, reading, relaxing.
Look forward to hearing from you!

DebNan October 8th, 2008 02:21 AM

Hi Margaret, As you can see from my post below, I'm thinking of a cruise over Thanksgiving. I know most people are with their families then, but I love to get away whenever I'm off from work. There's a three or four day cruise out of San Pedro that leaves on Friday, which means you could still have Thanksgiving with your family. I did this cruise last year with a friend who visited from Michigan. We had a great time. Any interest?

xsealteamone October 10th, 2008 09:44 AM

Mexico

Hi,
Ihave cruised this 3 day cruise and it was not as good as the the east or west carb cruises out of FL. If you have the time, the fares are about the same except for the airfare. You also could book a Panama Canal cruise from CA or FL. Orbitz has a 105.00 one way for January. Good luck.

Margaret3728 October 10th, 2008 12:41 PM

Thank you very much for your E-mail. This is a great website. I have received several responses to my posting.
Kind regards, Margaret

Margaret3728 October 17th, 2008 06:08 PM

Female 1st Time Cruiser-Mexico-"Sapphire Princess"

I want to say "Thank you" to everybody to has replied to my posting.
Posting on cruisemates.com has been a very positive experience.

Ended up booking a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise over Thanksgiving with the 1st person who made contact. It happened to work out that way.

But after E-mailing and talking on the phone with most everybody who made contact, I would consider "cruising" with each of them - they all were so very nice.
Is anybody else going on this cruise??
Thank you,
Margaret3728, also RSands3728@aol.com

tlr7735 November 2nd, 2008 11:09 PM

Delete

JeanieRich1 December 21st, 2008 04:28 PM

Re: Mexico from Long Beach/San Diego - Female 1st Time Cruis

Hi, I am 57 divorced and interested in finding a female to cruise with. I have a 7 day cruise out of So. Calif. booked for April 19, 2009. It is a Who Dun It Murder Mystery Cruise and I think it will be a lot of fun. I also tried the short cruises but I prefer the longer ones as you may after you have done a short one! I smoke also, I am a retired professional and do not drink to excess. If you are interested you can email me at JeanieRich@aol.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret3728
Hi,
I am looking for a cabinmate, ideally female, to share expenses. Since i have never cruised, would like to start with one of these short (3 - 5 days) Mexico cruises.
I am happy to be on my own but looking to cut the single supplement.
About me: SWF, straight, divorced for many years, early 50s, smoker but will not smoke in cabin, successfully self-employed, so have flexibility on dates.
I am interested in the whole cruise experience, i.e.the experience in being on a ship, the food, entertainment, reading, relaxing.
Look forward to hearing from you!