CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Seeking Room Mate for Feb 15-22, 2008 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/360158-seeking-room-mate-feb-15-22-2008-a.html)

lstewart January 12th, 2009 10:09 AM

Seeking Room Mate for Feb 15-22, 2008

Looking for female room mate for Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan February 15-22, 2008. The cabin price is down to $658 including taxes and port charges!

salsera0624 January 12th, 2009 03:16 PM

Roommate wanted

Hello-I might be interested in the cruise that you mentioned...can you tell me a little bit about yourself, such as age, types of activities that you like, smoker, etc.?
I am a 38yo SWF, non-smoker....I have been on 5 prior Carnival cruises but would love to try RCI. I was going to try to find a roommate for the Freedom of the Seas, but the one you mentioned sounds really good, and I have not been to the Southern Caribbean before. Are you flying in a day early and staying at a hotel in Old San Juan? Have you bought your ticket yet?
Thanks, Deb

lstewart January 12th, 2009 03:27 PM

RC Cruise

I am a 53 yr-old white female. I have cruised on RC before and I find the ships very luxurious compared to the Carnival ships I have cruised on. Although I must say that I have not been on any of the newer Carnival ships. No, I have not yet purchased my ticket because I was waiting to find a roommate. I want to go on this particular trip because my sisters (also in their mid 50s....but we are ALL young for our ages!) and their husbands are going. My sisters are both a lot of fun...just like me! :) I am not a smoker. And I do not snore. I sleep with a white noise machine (sounds like fan) because i am a very light sleeper. When I cruise, I like to hang out mostly on the ship, but will sign up for a beach excursion if there's a good one. My sister tells me there are a couple of good beaches at the ports on this cruise. Otherwise I am a do-your-own-thing kind of travel partner. I like to sit by the pool during the day...sometimes with a book...sometimes just sipping a cocktail and chatting with my travel companions, which in this case would be you if you are interested, my sisters, and my brothers in law. I am not a super early riser....like to laze around a bit in the morning so you likely won't find me out of the cabin until at least 8:00, 9:00, or sometimes even 10:00am. I live in Tampa and was planning to book a flight out of Orlando for the day of the cruise since it does not leave port until 8:00pm. The return flights aren't until evening though so I'd have practically the entire day sunday the 22nd to check out San Juan....something I really would like to do.

salsera0624 January 12th, 2009 03:56 PM

Hey-Well it sounds like we might be compatible roommates...I had to laugh, I always have to have white noise too!! And I am not that early of a riser either. The only area of concern I would have is the age difference, although from your description of yourself it may not be an issue at all. Some activities that I enjoy are salsa dancing (I am an avid intermediate level dancer), shore excursions, going to the shows, and working out, but I do like to spend time while on the ship just hanging out at the pool.
The only snag that I might encounter is the higher airfare to PR....the flights I found are around $600 so I was going to check if I have enough miles to cover that, otherwise if I have to pay that out of pocket I probably can't do it.
What are the ports for this cruise? Thanks!