Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Familiar Face

Default 56 yr F seeking F cabinmate on QM2 for 7-6 sailing

I'm looking for a lady to share a cabin on the QM2 on July 6, New York to Southampton. The prices seem to have come down quite a bit this year, but are still too high for a single cabin (double that of half a double cabin), so I'd love to find someone to share expenses.
I'm 54 years old, married, live in the USA and travel to Europe every 2 years to see my family there. I don't like flying, and this is the only way I go. If interested, please contact me at transreise@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sylvia
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Beginner

can you give me info about the cruise please thank you
Old January 19th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Familiar Face

Default QM2 Transatlantic

The cruise(s) that I'm looking at are on the QM2 on July 6, New York to Southampton, and/or back from Southampton to New York on August 17. It's a 6 night cruise, there are no stops, it's just straight from the US to England and vice versa. The QM2 is a great ship, I did a transatlantic crossing on it in 2007, and had a very good time, but having said that, I did like the Queen Elizabeth better, it was smaller and somehow cozier. I always take boats (cruise ships or freighters) when I visit my family in Europe because I don't like flying.

I was looking at an inside cabin, but if sharing, am also open to an outside cabin. From what I see on the Cunard website, here are the prices:

July 6, 6 nights, and August 17, 6 nights (same price)

Inside cabin: $925
Outside cabin: $1,145
plus $34.81 taxes and fees in August, and $27.24 in July

There's also a note saying:
"Please note that fares are listed per person, non-air voyage-only and based on double occupancy and do not include Government Taxes and Fees. Cunard reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement of up to $9 per person per day on all passengers if the NYMEX oil price exceeds $70 per barrel, even if the fare has already been paid in full. Fares are subject to change based on availability. Fares shown in USD. If you do not see the embarkation port you are trying to book, please call 1.800.7.CUNARD for further assistance."

I usually book with VacationsToGo.com. They have the same price, sometimes less, and the insurance is a lot cheaper. I might also be eligible for a discount because I've been on a number of Cunard cruises.

As to myself, I'm 56 years old, married, non-smoker. My parents, sister and some friends live in Germany, so about every 2 years, I take a boat over to visit them. My main reason for wanting to share the cabin is to share the expenses.

If you're still interested, please email me at transreise@hotmail.com. Best, Sylvia