CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   cabinmate for Princess Royal Rome to Manaus Nov 09 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/363626-cabinmate-princess-royal-rome-manaus-nov-09-a.html)

Boca del Verita April 18th, 2009 11:38 AM

cabinmate for Princess Royal Rome to Manaus Nov 09

Hey All,

I'm looking for a cabinmate/ roommate for the Princess Royal Transatlantic sailing from Rome to Manaus (21 days) leaving from Rome on November 28, 2009. It goes from Italy (3 stops) out through Gibralter to Tunis/Carthage, Morocco and Senegal before steaming across the Atlantic and up the Amazon river into the heart of the Brazilian jungle!

I'm wanting to book an oceanview (obstructed view is fine with me--I don't have a ton of money) and don't want to pay the huge cost of a single room! I'm a 47 yr old professional partnered GWM (my partner can't/won't take the time off). I don't smoke, don't drink very much at all, but love to travel. I'm fluent in French, German, Dutch, English, plus some Italian, Spanish, Greek, Hebrew, Russian and Chinese, so I could be useful on shore excursions!

I can be outgoing when the occasion arises, but also value quiet time as well. I'm looking for another independent traveler like myself who is courteous and open-minded, eager to learn and live this trip-of-a-lifetime for all it's worth! Age, race, religion, physical abilities/disabilities are no barriers but opportunities.

If this sounds interesting to you, please contact me ASAP!

warmly yours,
Fred in South Carolina (USA)

fl_tpa_1956m April 18th, 2009 12:53 PM

Rome or Athens, Nov. 16, 2009

I might be interested in that cruise. I would be more interested in Leaving from Athens. I have seen a bit of Italy, but not Greece. Just depeneds, perhaps, I can go back and see Greece later.

I am strictly Hetero though. I am not concerned what you do. Have to have well defined respectful boundries. I do not drink, smoke, or use drugs, expect the same. Well, drinking within reason, ok. Of course no cabin smoking. I am not really a party person.

Remember the 3 R's

Respect
Respect

can also e-mail me at

BBWmath@yahoo.com

ms.mary May 9th, 2009 11:12 AM

Hi Fred. My name is Mary and I am a straight gal from Michigan. Iove to travel also.

I can not go with you but just wanted to say I am so very impressed of your gift of several languages. I hope you find a roommate because that is a really good cruise. Do your thing, be who you are and all the best to you. Peace

FYI, I'm dreaming of Canada/New England on Sept 5 form NY.

danr46 June 7th, 2009 05:28 PM

Hi, Fred. How much does this cost double occupancy? How do you get home from Manaus (fly,obviously). That would add to the cost.

I am retired from US Airways and get great deals on some cruises so if you haven't booked this yet I will see what my rate would be. I get free airfare from the US, Caribbean, Hawaii, some places in Europe but not from Manaus.

Dan
336-414-5328 cell

ms.mary June 9th, 2009 07:07 PM

You responded to me by accident instead of Fred's trip from Europe to Manaus. Sounds like a good cruise. Good luck

danr46 June 11th, 2009 07:50 AM

Hi...Thanks. I wonder how that happened.

calamitypl July 6th, 2009 07:03 PM

Hi Fred!

Wow! You sound like an awesome person and this sounds like an awesome cruise. I'll bet we would have fun. Of course, if you are only looking for a cabin-mate, that is fine, too. I like traveling single, but don't like the prices. I'm a VERY YOUNG 54 year old female looking for interesting people to travel with and hang out with. If you think this may work out, let me know the cruise, itinerary, etc. You can email me at globalbejeweled@yahoo.com Patty

danr46 July 6th, 2009 09:31 PM

Hi, Patty. I received a note on cruisemates that was addressed "Hi Fred" so I don't know if you were replying to my request for a roommate or Fred's for his cruise. Anyway, if you were responding to me...I have a roommate for my Maasdam cruise (departing July 25th) and I will probably not be going on the Australia/New zealand cruise as much as I would like to. That one leaves September 26th. If I did that one I would be gone from home too much time so I decided I had probably better not go on that one. Also, the price was too high but the first half of it has come down in price and maybe the second half will too.