CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (
-   -   ALASKA RCCL Radiance July 17 &/or July 24, 2009 (

onfirst1 May 16th, 2009 12:20 PM

ALASKA RCCL Radiance July 17 &/or July 24, 2009
I am seeking a cruise share partner for any one or both of the following back to back Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas Alaska cruises departing Vancouver and Seward in 2009:

July 17 to 24
July 24 to 31

I will be lecturing on these cruises and I am seeking a cruise share partner who would like to cruise on these cruises at a discount rate. You would have no working responsibilities on the cruise.

I am a retired University Professor who has completed over 2 years of delivering lectures on cruise ships. I had the opportunity to lecture on 9 different cruise ships during that time with cruises all over the world lasting for 9 to 32 days duration.

I am aged 69 and an experienced cruiser, with over 40 lifetime cruises, going on 5 to 6 cruises a year now that I am retired. I can go on a cruise at a moments notice and don't mind repeating past destinations. It is the cruise experience that I enjoy with the good food, service, dancing, entertainment and meeting people. I am well travelled having visited every continent and most countries. My interests include cruising, travel, dancing, cooking, gardening and wine making.

Please PM me or
email me direct at

swampduck2u May 23rd, 2009 01:51 PM

Hi Don,
I'm a 62 year old female who also enjoys cruising. I live in Clearwater, FL. Have been on many cruises all over but currently do not have anyone to share the fun. I like history, reading & dancing. Looking for someone to visit in July. Please drop me a line if you're interested. Diane
my email is thank you

H2O4Me May 29th, 2009 03:05 AM

I don't know if I can make the Alaska trips, but i wonder if you could give me some information about how you got started delivering lectures on cruiseships, and which types of topics are in demand. I would be interested in aiming for doing lecturing gigs when I retire as a way of cruising...what kind of lectures do you do? I am a psychologist, but could begin developing expertise in other areas so as to be marketable in the future, 5 or six years...

by the way, what is the cost of sharing your room for the alaska cruises?

onfirst1 June 2nd, 2009 11:17 AM

Hello Jean-Marie

I would be pleased to answer your questions and provide you with some helpful information if you would email me direct at

Takr care and enjoy.

onfirst1 June 16th, 2009 11:10 AM

Thank you to all of you who responded to my posting.

I have confirmed a lady to share both legs of the Alaska cruises on Radiance. If you want to be a back up standby for the Alaska cruises in case I have an uunexpected vacancy email me at

I also have other lecture cruises under consideration throught the year. If you are interested in future cruise shares also email me at

Happy cruising.

onfirst1 July 1st, 2009 12:01 PM

Hello Jean-Marie

I would be pleased to answer your questions and provide you with some helpful information if you would email me direct at

Take care and enjoy.

travelguy5 April 27th, 2010 12:01 AM

We were in touch on CruiseMates last June about a cruise.
I'm planning another.......... 8 day Carnival cruise from Puerto Rico....Novmber 28-Dec 5, 2010. ............ one port a day. $379. Interested?

onfirst1 April 29th, 2010 11:08 AM

Hi Steve,

I am not interested in that cruise.
But thank you for letting me know about it.
Keep me informed of other interesting cruises that you are considering.