CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   ALASKA RCCL Radiance July 17 &/or July 24, 2009 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/364511-alaska-rccl-radiance-july-17-july-24-2009-a.html)

onfirst1 May 16th, 2009 01:20 PM

ALASKA RCCL Radiance July 17 &/or July 24, 2009

I am seeking a cruise share partner for any one or both of the following back to back Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas Alaska cruises departing Vancouver and Seward in 2009:

July 17 to 24
July 24 to 31

I will be lecturing on these cruises and I am seeking a cruise share partner who would like to cruise on these cruises at a discount rate. You would have no working responsibilities on the cruise.

I am a retired University Professor who has completed over 2 years of delivering lectures on cruise ships. I had the opportunity to lecture on 9 different cruise ships during that time with cruises all over the world lasting for 9 to 32 days duration.

I am aged 69 and an experienced cruiser, with over 40 lifetime cruises, going on 5 to 6 cruises a year now that I am retired. I can go on a cruise at a moments notice and don't mind repeating past destinations. It is the cruise experience that I enjoy with the good food, service, dancing, entertainment and meeting people. I am well travelled having visited every continent and most countries. My interests include cruising, travel, dancing, cooking, gardening and wine making.

Please PM me or
email me direct at onfirst1@yahoo.com

Don.

swampduck2u May 23rd, 2009 02:51 PM

Hi Don,
I'm a 62 year old female who also enjoys cruising. I live in Clearwater, FL. Have been on many cruises all over but currently do not have anyone to share the fun. I like history, reading & dancing. Looking for someone to visit in July. Please drop me a line if you're interested. Diane
my email is swampduck2u@yahoo.com thank you

H2O4Me May 29th, 2009 04:05 AM

Hello,
I don't know if I can make the Alaska trips, but i wonder if you could give me some information about how you got started delivering lectures on cruiseships, and which types of topics are in demand. I would be interested in aiming for doing lecturing gigs when I retire as a way of cruising...what kind of lectures do you do? I am a psychologist, but could begin developing expertise in other areas so as to be marketable in the future, 5 or six years...

by the way, what is the cost of sharing your room for the alaska cruises?

thanks,
jean-marie

onfirst1 June 2nd, 2009 12:17 PM

Hello Jean-Marie

I would be pleased to answer your questions and provide you with some helpful information if you would email me direct at onfirst1@yahoo.com

Takr care and enjoy.
Don.

onfirst1 June 16th, 2009 12:10 PM

Thank you to all of you who responded to my posting.

I have confirmed a lady to share both legs of the Alaska cruises on Radiance. If you want to be a back up standby for the Alaska cruises in case I have an uunexpected vacancy email me at onfirst1@yahoo.com

I also have other lecture cruises under consideration throught the year. If you are interested in future cruise shares also email me at onfirst1@yahoo.com

Happy cruising.
Don.

onfirst1 July 1st, 2009 01:01 PM

Hello Jean-Marie

I would be pleased to answer your questions and provide you with some helpful information if you would email me direct at onfirst1@yahoo.com

Take care and enjoy.
Don.

travelguy5 April 27th, 2010 01:01 AM

We were in touch on CruiseMates last June about a cruise.
I'm planning another.......... 8 day Carnival cruise from Puerto Rico....Novmber 28-Dec 5, 2010. ............ one port a day. $379. Interested?
Steve

onfirst1 April 29th, 2010 12:08 PM

Hi Steve,

I am not interested in that cruise.
But thank you for letting me know about it.
Keep me informed of other interesting cruises that you are considering.

Don.