CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Professional Single male, 41 seeks compatible m/f cabinmate (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/367764-professional-single-male-41-seeks-compatible-m-f-cabinmate.html)

sk123usa September 7th, 2009 11:59 AM

Professional Single male, 41 seeks compatible m/f cabinmate

Looking for: Mutually compatible cruise mates (male or female) to share a cabin with strictly for the purpose of avoiding the singles supplement...NO HIDDEN AGENDA!!!

It would be much simpler if the cruise lines didn't have such a steep singles supplement...mostly twice the double occupancy rate. I wish cruise lines will do more to accommodate single cruisers. I looooovvvvvvvveeee to cruise, but the singles supplement puts a damper on my desire to cruise frequently.

About me: Divorced, presently single, straight College grad professional male, non smoker, 41 years old who loves to cruise about 3-4 times annually.
Profession: Clinical Pharmacist
Hobbies: Sailing, karaoke, Travel

Instead of a picture, you may wish to check me out in my recent cruise videos on www.youtube.com/sk123usa …for the video where I’m singing karaoke…I will apologize in advance :D

From time to time I get eager to book a cruise when no one I know can go with me. When I start dreading the singles supplement, I return to this site in hopes of finding a suitable cabin mate. However, I have yet to book one with someone I met through here.

Once again, please let me emphasize the point that I'm not looking for anything else except to find a mutually compatible person who loves to cruise like I do and may wish to share a cabin in order to avoid paying double fare. You will pay your share directly to cruise lines, so I'm not asking for your money.
It doesn't matter if you are a male or a female, as long as you are cordial, courteous, drug, disease, and crime free, not more than a mild drinker, have a good sense of adventure and as well as a sense of humor., Smokers are ok, as long as you limit it to outside the cabin. During the cruise we may hang together (sometimes) or do our own thing.,,,it doesn't matter to me.

Thanks for reading.

PeterFLA September 7th, 2009 09:48 PM

Clinical Pharmacy Cruise

Hello: I am 57, male, and retired from the pharmaceutical business. I am divorced and easy going looking for a cabinmate for oct. 18 on the Ryndam from Tampa for $399 for 7 nites. A tremendous price for a very nice ship with tremendous food and without the kids and teenagers on Carnival for a change. Regards, Pete From Clearwater, Fl.

sk123usa September 7th, 2009 11:18 PM

Clinical Pharmacy Cruise :)

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your post. As you can see from my list of past cruises, I prefer larger and newer ships. Ryandam is I believe 55K gross tons. My smallest ship was Miracle and I actually took it out of Tampa before it was replaced by Legend. It was fine, but I did miss the larger jogging track and the roomy spa. If I'm going to eat well, I've got to workout as well :) My first ship and my first love of cruising was Carnival Glory...and you know what they say...all the rest will be compared to it. :D

I must admit I'm getting tired of the Carnival's day time activities and many of the night time shows all seem the same because I cruise w/ Carnival so much. I'm sure the food on HA would certainly be a change...but I'm not yet tired of Carnival's menu. Actually, I look forward to eating some of my favorites again. There's something comforting about the same old menu w/ only slight changes. I do like the lively atmosphere of Carnival ships.

In the end, I'm sure I would enjoy any cruise including Ryandam, but I'm gonna hold out for my 10th platinum Carnival cruise this fall.

I'm interested in a TA and would consider celebrity, HA or RC, probably not NCL. But that may have to wait till next year. Alaska is also on the horizon for summer 2010, but will probably cruise on the Carnival spirit or one of Princess' ships.

But getting back to Tampa, I may consider Legend in Nov if nothing else works out. No, I've never shared a cabin with a total stranger. If I was going to pay double the fair, I often brought a deserving friend, my son, or old standby, my elderly Mom with me. She's got salt water in her veins and loves the ships. But, sadly she became quite ill on our August cruise. She has sailed her last cruise. She has advanced CHF. Hence, I'm on this board. Can't say I'm extremely optimistic about finding a cruisemate this way, but who knows.

Have you ever shared a cabin w/ someone you met online? What cruiselines have you sailed with in the past. You mentioned you plan on several other caribbean cruises in the next few months (in another post)...what other ships and dates are you considering? Ryandam's price is attractive, no doubt.
Thanks again and lets keep in touch.
Sail

PeterFLA September 8th, 2009 12:12 AM

Tampa cruise in November

Yes, I noticed your affinity for Carnival. I have sailed 13 times half with Carnival including my last in August. I enjoy Carnival but it would be nice for a change to have less children and teens and a program that appeals to the HEAVY mass traveler. At our age and level of experience, it would be a real pleasure to have so many aggressive people coming at you from so many angles. Although the Ryndam is a small ship, it is a fine ship with all the activities we enjoy. The food on the Ryndam is noted as fine. Carnival's food on the Lido is marginal. I believe that I have someone to go with me now through cruisemates for the first time. I will keep in touch and would you be interested in the RCCL Legend on Sept. 17, 2010 from Hong Kong to Japan, 13nts. for $1400, another excellent deal. I enjoyed your videos with your son; you are a good person. Please let me know about Hong Kong and I may even want to get out on Carnival in Nov. on the Legend. Regards, Peter

MagScriven September 10th, 2009 11:43 PM

Hello! I just found this website tonight because I would like to book a cruise and do not have a cruising partner for this trip. I have never looked at the single supplement in detail before and I'm appalled! I understand the companies' standing on losing revenue on a single sailor but, with the economy being what it is and the ships sailing at far less than capacity, you would think they would put a temporary waive on those fees!

I am beginning a new job mid-Nov. and expecting a grandchild mid-Oct, so wanted to try to get one more cruise in before then. I was very excited when I saw the very low prices for the 3-4 day trips out of FL, but probably can't afford it if the single supp. is added (although I intend to call to see if I can talk them down :) Your post was interesting and I thought I would write. I am a 52 year old married woman who has no problem rooming with a guy (nor does my husband - with me, that is). I am also a karaoke singer - maybe I'll see you there! I am a light drinker, avid reader, and enjoy nothing more than sitting in a lawn chair in the shade and reading. I am also a writer and may be working part of the time.

I sailed 4 times this year, everywhere from Nassau to Alaska.

If you believe you would be interested in talking further about sailing late this month or early next for a short trip, please drop me a line at MagScriven@aol.com (or AIM, same name). Good luck!

sk123usa September 24th, 2009 08:42 PM

Re: Tampa cruise in November

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter of florida
Yes, I noticed your affinity for Carnival. I have sailed 13 times half with Carnival including my last in August. I enjoy Carnival but it would be nice for a change to have less children and teens and a program that appeals to the HEAVY mass traveler. At our age and level of experience, it would be a real pleasure to have so many aggressive people coming at you from so many angles. Although the Ryndam is a small ship, it is a fine ship with all the activities we enjoy. The food on the Ryndam is noted as fine. Carnival's food on the Lido is marginal. I believe that I have someone to go with me now through cruisemates for the first time. I will keep in touch and would you be interested in the RCCL Legend on Sept. 17, 2010 from Hong Kong to Japan, 13nts. for $1400, another excellent deal. I enjoyed your videos with your son; you are a good person. Please let me know about Hong Kong and I may even want to get out on Carnival in Nov. on the Legend. Regards, Peter

Hi peter,
Sorry for the delay in replying. Instead of cruising, I decided to spend some vacation time with my Mom in NJ. After our August cruise, Mom has had one setback after another in terms of her health.

Anyhow, thanks for your comment about my vids on youtube. Actually, there are one or two videos of mine that I would like to remove, esp. the one where I'm singing karaoke or the one where my son says 'He he... he eats all the time'
But my son thinks those two are the funniest and best since he shot them. How do you argue with a teenager???

As for your choice of RCCL next fall, I don't think I would be interested in that one, because I usually don't plan that far ahead and flying to and from Asia simply cuts into my limited vacation time and my cruising budgett. Besides, I'm 6'4" and don't do too well on very long flights cramped in coach <--designed for leg less people :)

As for late October, Nov, or December, I'm seeing some amazing deals for 7 day cruises from either FL or CA either on Carnival or RCCL...amazing means less than $400 for 7 day cruises

Are you or any other reader out there interested in sharing a cabin, especially someone over 55 years old (this gets us the senior rate and they are more amazing then my previous military rates at this time????
We can talk about specific week or ship off the board or right here, it doesn't matter to me.

Happy Sailing.

PeterFLA September 25th, 2009 11:16 AM

Cabinmate

Hello and thanks for getting back to me. I am interested in sailing out of Florida in Jan. for 7 nts. I am 57 and flexible on the time. I live in Tampa Bay. Maybe we can get together then. Yes, there are some nice cruise values at this time. I am leaving on the Legend Carnival on Nov. 1. What do you think? Are you willing to sail non-Carnival this time? Regards, Pete

sk123usa September 27th, 2009 10:55 PM

Re: Cabinmate

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter of florida
Hello and thanks for getting back to me. I am interested in sailing out of Florida in Jan. for 7 nts. I am 57 and flexible on the time. I live in Tampa Bay. Maybe we can get together then. Yes, there are some nice cruise values at this time. I am leaving on the Legend Carnival on Nov. 1. What do you think? Are you willing to sail non-Carnival this time? Regards, Pete

I think I have my last two cruises for 2009 lined up...Nov 1 on Mariner of the Seas out of San Pedro, LA and Carnival Dream on Nov 23rd out of NY.
I was considering Legend for Nov 1, but RCCL had a great rate for this sailing even with more for the air to LA, vs to Tampa. A friend came through for the Mariner and Dream is booked with family.

2010 is wide open. Nothing booked as of yet. Peter, if you don't mind please send a bit more info about yourself, profession (I think you said Pharmaceutical business...sales, academia? Legal Pharmaceuticals I hope :D ) may be a pic as well (you've seen me in the vids on youtube).
My email is sk123usa at Yahoo dot com. Perhaps we should look at something not yet in the penalty phase. That would make it easier for each of us to make the payment directly to the cruise line, etc.
I'll have more to say off the boards in the email, and perhaps swap phone num.

Btw, are you sailing solo on the Ryndam or did you find someone from this site. Happy sailing.
Sail.

PeterFLA September 28th, 2009 01:41 PM

CruiseMate

Hello: It's good that you are booked up cruising through the end of the year as I am, also. I am booked on the Legend from Tampa on Nov. 1 with someone I connected with from Cruisemates for the first time. Would you be interested in a 7nt. from Florida and possibly Tampa in January? It looks like the first week offers the best rates. I am 58, divorced, retired from pharmaceutical sales and college teaching. I am easy going and looking for a platonic, male cabinmate. Are you interested in January? What is your name? If it looks like we can do a cruise, yes, then let's exchange phone #'s. Are you the person who suggented that I stay with his wife on a cruise? Pete

Goldengirlsofu March 15th, 2010 11:10 PM

Hello,

Are you still interested in Cruising? I would like to find a cabin mate for a 12 day Princess cruise around the British Isles in late August. Thanks.

vinodpuran March 16th, 2010 01:02 PM

I am interested! Seems we like we would get along great as I too love to cruise, but hate paying the single supplement fee. I am a 63 year old CPA from the Chicagoland area. Male, straight, non-smoker. I am just interested in sharing a room. We would each be free to pursue our own interests. My oldest daughter is a clinical pharmacist, as well. Seems like we would get along great.

Please email me at Vinodpuran@live.com if you are interested!
Thanks,
Vin

penelope March 16th, 2010 02:38 PM

Well if your looking to cruise a short notice and with a classy ship join me Transatlantic 22 april. Cruise is all payed so not looking for money either lol, just some comfort from paying the single supplement. Price to be agreed.

sk123usa March 19th, 2010 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldengirlsofu (Post 1280432)
Hello,

Are you still interested in Cruising? I would like to find a cabin mate for a 12 day Princess cruise around the British Isles in late August. Thanks.

Thanks for inquiring, but cruises across the pond shall have to wait. I'm kind of getting all booked up for this year, except seeking a mate for the Alaska cruise in May or June and may be one more in Dec 2010. (see my future booked cruises listed below)

I hope that you'll find a suitable mate for your cruise.
Happy sailing.
Sail.

sk123usa March 19th, 2010 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinodpuran (Post 1280500)
I am interested! Seems we like we would get along great as I too love to cruise, but hate paying the single supplement fee. I am a 63 year old CPA from the Chicagoland area. Male, straight, non-smoker. I am just interested in sharing a room. We would each be free to pursue our own interests. My oldest daughter is a clinical pharmacist, as well. Seems like we would get along great.

Please email me at Vinodpuran@live.com if you are interested!
Thanks,
Vin

Hi Vin,
As you can see from my updated signature below, I have a couple booked for 2010, but would like to book one in may-jun for Alaska and then one in Dec 2010 for Caribbean...no specific ship in mind as of yet...just kind of watching the prices bop up and down.

I'll add you as a friend since there is a pharmacy connection ;)
If you're not interested in AK cruise, you never know, if I see an irressistable price for another month not already booked, I may come back on this board and post. Also, Dec 2010 to caribbean is not yet booked.
Sail

sk123usa March 19th, 2010 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penelope (Post 1280520)
Well if your looking to cruise a short notice and with a classy ship join me Transatlantic 22 april. Cruise is all payed so not looking for money either lol, just some comfort from paying the single supplement. Price to be agreed.

Hi Penelope,
Although in 2009, I was planning a transatlantic cruise for 2010, it just didn't pan out for me. Europe shall have to wait until 2011.

Wish you a pleasant cruise.
Sail.