Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Familiar Face

Default Seeking Cabin Mate for Asian Cruise mid/late 2010

Single discreet GWM 60's semi-retired professional is seeking to find a socially compatible cabin mate. I am seeking a purely platonic share arrangement and hence age or sexual orientation is not important.

I am independent, but friendly, articulate and considerate of others. I enjoy my freedom and independence but would welcome sharing a cabin and a dining table and perhaps some social and shore time with another with similar interests.

I would love to take a Cruise in Asia but most of the better itineraries are not inexpensive (especially taking air into consideration) and the 100% supplement is a killer. Sharing the costs makes taking some of the more interesting and perhaps longer cruises affordable.

I have looked at Holland America (generally 16-30 days), RCL -Legend of the Seas (13 nights Hong Kong to Singapore) and some Princess Cruises.
but would consider any Asian itinerary. As I already have a Transatlantic booked for April 2010 I would prefer something in the Sept/Nov 2010 time frame.

Obviously it would be easier to find someone living in or close to Ontario Canada as i live just outside Toronto. This because we could meet beforehand and gain a comfort level difficult to attain by correspondence.
I am however prepared to consider interested parties from anywhere.

Decisding to share a cabin is a major decision as a bad match would spoil the Cruise for both parties. Hence my desire to be completely upfront. Incidentally, while posting for a male cabin mate, I have no objection to sharing with a female as long as there is a complete understanding that this is purely platonic and I will not be a dance partner (hehe).

Serious Private Message replies only please. Meaning that you have to be interested (1) in sharing (2) in Asia and Pacific (3) have the budget to make the trip (4) the timeframe has to fit.

Many thanks for reading through this long post. Mike
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Familiar Face

Default Other Options

Azamara Cruises also has a 24 night cruise starting in Athens and ending in Singapore with stops in Alexandia Egypt, Suez Canal passage, Dubai overnight, Mumbia(Bombay) India overnight, Cochin India, Phuket Thailand and Singapore. The cost is about C$3000 per person with inside cabin for the Cruise (works out at only C$125 per day). Airfare will likely be in the region of $1800 (not available right now).

These ships are smaller but absolutely beautiful and the service, food etc are said to be out of this world.

If anyone has any interest, (it leaves November 27th 2010) I would love to discuss the possibilities.

Thanks Mike
Old September 27th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Familiar Face

Just moving this post up a bit in case anyone missed the original posting. Dont be shy, not looking for anything other than a cabin mate to share the expenses.