Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
Familiar Face

Default South America! Anyone?

Is there anyone who would like to share / split the cost of a cruise around the tip of South America? This season, i.e. from December 2009 on.

I'm open to suggestions about different itineraries and iterations. Simple English: Choices. For example, leave from Valparaiso, Chile and debark at Buenos Aires in Argentina.

"Experts" have written that the eastwards crossing is easier. But it can also be the other way. Some cruises include the Falklands and get closer to Antarctica, while that is nice, it is more expensive and takes longer.

Flights into one airport and out of the other are very easy to arrange, I would like to meet up with you before the cruise, perhaps explore either Santiago or Buenos Aires together?

I have cruised once, it was the maiden transatlantic crossing of the NCL Gem two years ago. My cruise companion, who I found right here on Cruise Match, is encouraging me to go on another prepositioning cruise, I hope that serves as an indication or commendation that I can be easy going and 'nice' person. Of course, I will vouch for it and expect you to do the same. Maybe we can communicate offline.

Oh, almost forgot, I am straight, divorced and pretty much self contained or independent. Whether you are female or male does not really matter; the fact that I might be 'younger' than you should not stop you either. You, on the other hand should also have a certain "joie de vivre" too! (That is the reason for my 'moniker').
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Familiar Face

hey there I was also on that norwegian gem cruise from barcelona-boston? it was dec 3 2007 I believe..nice stop in madeira best wishes and happy cruising,Frank
Old October 12th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Familiar Face

Default Are you ready to go to South America?

Hi, Frank,

Yes that cruise, on the NCL gem Dec '07, was a lot of fun and leaving Funchal, Madeira with the sun setting, etc, it was literally picture perfect.

But are you thinking of cruising to South America soon, like Dec - Mar?
Old October 12th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Familiar Face

well they had a south america cruise that ws a repositioning cruise..I think it was from san fran to valparaiso..excellent value if in double occupancy cabin..its either in the spring or fall.. maybe with norwegianthe others look good from valparaiso to BA..when are you thinking of going?
Old October 12th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Passenger

Default Princess Jan/Feb Antarctica/B.A.

Princess runs 2 cruises out of B.A., Argentina. Starts and ends at same port. Does a cruiseby Antarctica. It goes on sale next month or so for $899, or did during better economic times.

Some drawbacks for me of flying in and out of two airports. Well, Chile for one charges a $100 or more Visa. If something goes wrong, I might imagine higher flight change costs. And the biggest reason is...I want to spend extra time at each place, so a 5 or 6 week trip ends up being 8 weeks.

But, aside from the above, I might be interested if the cruise is cheap enough.