CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Cabin Share - Will try to match (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/368763-cabin-share-will-try-match.html)

Mikey2611 October 15th, 2009 08:53 AM

Cabin Share - Will try to match

Single Cabin Share

There are all kinds of sites, which have been created in an attempt to allow users to find a compatible cabin mate. Regrettably I have yet to find any that have been successful in finding that ideal travel mate. A decision to share a cabin is not one most of us take lightly as we all have a natural tendency to be very wary of sharing a small space with someone we do not know, or at least know well.

Most single men and women who wish to find a cabin mate, are looking for a purely platonic, no strings cabin companion with the main aim being to get rid of that “dreaded single supplement”. If the share is such that you really get along, dining together, sharing on board entertainment and perhaps land tours is a nice plus but not an essential ingredient of a cabin share.

I have been on these sites for a few years and have yet to find the ideal travel share/companion. This is because trying to match the itinerary, preferred cruise line, budget and timing is a nightmare, which results in several back and forth e-mails with no resulting conclusion.

I am therefore considering setting up a database where those of us who are interested can register our details and on a purely voluntary basis I will attempt to match individuals from the data provided. When I find a good match, I will notify the individuals that I have found a potential match and ask if you wish me to share your profile with the other party. It will then be up to the two parties to take this further by contacting each other and trying to negotiate a mutually acceptable Cruise.

There are no catches and information will remain confidential until you give approval for it to be shared with another user of the service. There is also no liability on my part – I am going to try to find someone who appears to match but its up to the parties to determine if it is the right fit.

If you are interested, please e-mail me the following information to mikescruising@yahoo.com

First Name:
Sexual Orientation
Favored Cruise Lines
Preferred Itinerary (please be specific)
Preferred Departure Country
Length of Cruise ( 7 or less, 7-14, over 14 days)
Time Frame (please be specific) example Month 2010 or From /To 2010.
Whether you will Share with Male/Female/Either
Budget for Cruise (less than $1000, 1000/2000, 2000/3000, 3000/4000).

I have a more detailed questionnaire, which I will share with you after the initial database is set up. Please I am doing this in my spare time so allow time for this to be set up.

ednotmilkman October 15th, 2009 11:35 PM

I've only cruised once, but that was sharing a cabin with the leader of the singles group that I went with. He was so busy he never sent me any personal e-mail or anything before the trip, but no problem- I can get along with, or at least get out of the way enough, going with anybody for a week (so far) That would even include 20+ years difference in age, the other sex, as well as the "opposite" orientation.

Well, maybe not the opposite sex if we started getting along too well. I say that as a Christian who still tries to honor God in what I do.

I'd say if you, like me, are the type that is used to college dorm type accomodations - i.e. youth hostel vacations and tent camping outdoors with public bathhouse, any cruise cabin share is still much better than a hostel !

If you are looking for a PERFECT cabinmate, then what Mikey is trying to do may help. I have learned to bring earplugs, sleeping mask, Bible, and lots of patience and humor.

Mikey2611 October 16th, 2009 11:09 PM

Just to be clear

I am not advertising that I will find a perfect cabin mate. All I can promise is that I will try to match individuals needs with other individuals with the same needs. Then its up to the individuals to determine if they are a match and want to share. No one has to participate but I feel that if I can provide a service by doing some of the leg work it should be worthwhile.

Most of us will not even consider sharing with someone without having significant information on which to make that decision. I am sure most of us when presented with an opportunity will pick up the phone and chat and even perhaps meet before making a final decision.

I have already found a potential match and understand the parties involved are moving ahead after contacting each other. Hope it works for them...we are all just trying to cruise more but not pay the single supplement.

Ode2Joy October 18th, 2009 03:49 PM

Soliciting here for a new private schem to match 'us' CMates

Look, I know it is tempting to do make beaucoup bucks from the Internet by working from your bedroom, kitchen table or basement. But I personally do not care to respond to your email.

Go ahead and set up a working website with your own effort and money and do not look for "seed" money here; at least not from me. Thanks a $ million!

PS. Cruisemates Moderator(s) please note! This may not meet your basic rules.

Mikey2611 October 18th, 2009 07:05 PM

I don't know what you are reading

I have not asked anyone for any otherwisemoney and will not do so. I have no idea where you got that thought from.

I am offering to try to match people as a free service. I have not asked for help in any way. If you cannot write anything good about anyone don't write anything at all.

Mikey2611 October 18th, 2009 07:26 PM

Just to make it clear

I offered to try to build a data base of those people looking for cabin mates purely as a voluntary service. I have no web site, dont intend to have a web site and have never and will never ask anyone for money or help of any kind.

I dont know where the previous individual got his venum from but I want to assure him that this is purely voluntary. If he doesnt wish to participate thats fine - dont. But dont go around casting doubt as to my integrity. I resent that very much.

I simply cant understand people like that - maybe he should consider that he cant say anything good about someone never to say anything at all.

I am happy for the moderator to take a look also...he will find nothing wrong.

Ode2Joy October 19th, 2009 05:05 PM

This is a forum already set up to match people who want to share a cabin.

You came along and wrote me and presumably other people here, for which the broad term is is soliciting, and asked me to participate in a private scheme away from this website.

You may not like the way I put it. I am sorry if it offended your sensibilities and sensitivities; perhaps you do have some altruistic scheme and purpose that you seem to feel will be such a new and extraordinarily successful way of pairing strangers that has not been tried before. Good Luck to you.

Remember you started all this. I only reacted to your email to me. Calling me nasty names and turning this upside down is silly and as such only reveals that you are less than holy yourself. Go away!

Please let me and others get on with finding a partner for a cruise on our own. Laissez faire!

Mikey2611 November 4th, 2009 09:03 AM

I have about 30 people who have provided information. So far I have found 2 possible matches. I dont know whether these individuals have been able to agree on a specific cruise but at least they have been introduced.

The more names I get the easier it is to find matches. Again its voluntary its just that by looking at the entire list I can easily tell if there are two people with the same interests and timing.

If you think I may be able to help, just PM me the info.

gudguy_us November 26th, 2009 03:13 PM

Mikey-
You are providing a FREE service? Why and for What? I'd encourage you to divert your time and energy providing FREE meals to the hungry.

We can't write at all if we don't find any good?? What!!?? You want us to be silent, huh ;) Consider this as our FREE service to those who might be lured into your scheme :)

We STILL want to know why and what for you are providing the "FREE" service. The figure, 30, you threw at us who "signed" up is BOGUS!

EasyHG December 2nd, 2009 08:55 AM

Re: Free Service

Mikey2611, I understand your frustration trying to find a cabin mate and trying to help. But I doubt your efforts/site will make it any easier to find a cruisemate. It's not easy.

I tried for several months to find a cabin mate on this site. No luck. I placed an ad in a regular non-cruise dating site and in two days found a cruise mate. Go figure. I went on my first cruise in July. My mate and I got along great and if our schedules allow will we go cruising again. She wanted to go this month, but my work schedule did not allow this.

In conclusion, let this site do its magic. If it doesn't work, do like me and look someplace else. I enjoy reading all of this board and check in from time to time.

dolfinluvr December 2nd, 2009 10:30 PM

Hello Edwin,
Interested in 9 night cruise on NCL Dawn on March 26, 2010? Cool to be with another Christian, though it isn't necessary.
terri