Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2009, 04:38 PM
Beginner

Default SBF iso M or F cabinmate for Caribbean/Mexico cruise in 2010

Hi!

My name is Cynthia. After taking a 15 year hiatus from going on cruises, I’m dusting off my passport and getting ready to start cruising again. I'm very interested in traveling around the world, but my first goal is to take several cruises in the Caribbean and/or Mexico in the next year. Although I have no problem with traveling alone, it would be nice to save money and escape the deadly single supplement.

I'm single/never married with no children. I'm also 44 (will turn 45 next month) and live near Los Angeles with two male roommates. I work as an executive assistant for a property management company and attend school at night. I will graduate in the Fall of 2010 with my bachelor's degree in Human Services. My goal is to earn my master's degree in Social Work, Nursing, or Occupational Therapy.

I don’t smoke and drink very rarely. On my cruises, I prefer to shop, sightsee, lounge beside the pool and read, watch the onboard entertainment, and attend cultural events. I’m a morning person (usually rise around 6 am) and definitely perky without the need for caffeine. I’m also a little on the shy/reserved side until I get to know a person better.

I don’t have any cruise line preference (although I’ve only sailed on Royal Caribbean three times), cabin preference (I’ve sailed both inside/outside cabins), cruise length (I’ve done 4 day cruises and 7 day cruises) or dining time preference (I’ve done both). Also -- we can pal around, or we can go separate ways.

What am I looking for in a traveling companion? I’m looking for someone who has a great sense of humor, a positive outlook on life, and an easy-going nature. I’m very liberal so I don’t care about age, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or marital status.

If you're interested, then send me an email and we can start chatting. I'm pretty open minded, flexible, easy-going, and positive.

Hope to hear from you soon…

Cynthia
Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to ken45 Send a message via MSN to ken45 Send a message via Yahoo to ken45
Default Interested

Hi Cynthia,How are you? I am interested in cruising w/ you. I am a athletic (I will be spending some time in the gym) SBM 52 yr old gent, from NYC. who is a seasoned cruiser, about 7, mostly w/ Princess. I am a non-smoker, non-snorer, (important) and a late sleeper when I can. I am not an early riser but you can knock yourself out. I am also an easy going person, who is simply looking for someone to get past the talking stage and share expenses, as I refuse to pay the single supplement. I am an Education Analyst and Adjunct Professor. Thus, I am on the school schedule. The week of X-mas, Feb 14, March 26, July, & Aug would work fine for me. If you are curious, I am a heterosexual person, who respects all & their boundaries. My other cruise mates were my ex-wife and girlfriends. We can share some activites (dinner, for one) or go our seperate ways on the ship. Either preferance is fine w/ me b/c I am a gregarious person who makes friends easily.I have a strong desire to try one of Celebrity's newer ships, the Solstice or the Equinox. However, I can be open to HAL, or another line, depending on the itinerary. I also prefer balcony's or mini-suites, or aqua-class on Celebrity. On shorter cruises I can be flexible.Well, Cynthia, I hope this brief synopsis peaks your interest. Please feel free to email me @ kpwilliams@yahoo.com. It is to be hoped, that I hear from you.If not, I wish you well.Peace,Ken
Old November 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to ken45 Send a message via MSN to ken45 Send a message via Yahoo to ken45
Default Interested

Hi Cynthia,How are you? I am interested in cruising w/ you. I am a athletic (I will be spending some time in the gym) SBM 52 yr old gent, from NYC. who is a seasoned cruiser, about 7, mostly w/ Princess. I am a non-smoker, non-snorer, (important) and a late sleeper when I can. I am not an early riser but you can knock yourself out. I am also an easy going person, who is simply looking for someone to get past the talking stage and share expenses, as I refuse to pay the single supplement. I am an Education Analyst and Adjunct Professor. Thus, I am on the school schedule. The week of X-mas, Feb 14, March 26, July, & Aug would work fine for me. If you are curious, I am a heterosexual person, who respects all & their boundaries. My other cruise mates were my ex-wife and girlfriends. We can share some activites (dinner, for one) or go our seperate ways on the ship. Either preferance is fine w/ me b/c I am a gregarious person who makes friends easily.I have a strong desire to try one of Celebrity's newer ships, the Solstice or the Equinox. However, I can be open to HAL, or another line, depending on the itinerary. I also prefer balcony's or mini-suites, or aqua-class on Celebrity. On shorter cruises I can be flexible.Well, Cynthia, I hope this brief synopsis peaks your interest. Please feel free to email me @ kpwilliams@yahoo.com. It is to be hoped, that I hear from you.If not, I wish you well.Peace,Ken
Old November 17th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I was looking at Princess out of LA, or Carnival out of San Diego in early Jan. I can usually get a great deal!
Old November 18th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Passenger

Default Nice to meet you, Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,
I enjoyed reading your posting, and would like to get to know you for possible future cruising. I am completing my doctorate in psychology, hope to graduate in June, 2010, and will be looking to celebrate with some cruising. (I could also be persuaded to steal away for a week sooner than that...) i'm interested in the panama canal, full transit, any of the transatlantic cruises, and anything that involves Venice...don't have a specific trip in mind at the moment, but as I too am single, it would be nice to have someone to share the expenses and some time with. I am a SBF, 49, don't smoke, drink lightly on occasion (especially if in France or Italy), i travel alot by myself, and am interested in just having the occasional partner for dinner and clubs, etc. I typically do excursions independently, and would welcome company there as well, but not required. i enjoy music and love to dance, enjoy conversation, spas, and just taking in the ocean, sun, and relaxing. i'm not a morning person at all, but sharing with someone who is is not a problem. so i just wanted to say hi, and to keep in touch in case our paths cross and times work out well. i typically do the inside cabin for the better rates, but could be flexible depending on the deals available. I have sailed on Celebrity, Royal Carribbean (4 times), and Holland America, and prefer RCI by far.

cheers,
Jean-Marie
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:00 PM
Passenger

Hello Ken,
I am taking a 9 night cruise on March 26, 2010 on NCL Dawn. $1100 plus port charges for a balcony cabin. I am a 47 super fun easy going teacher.
Interested?
terri
Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:24 AM
Familiar Face

Default Hi

I want to go on the 7-day Royal Caribbean cruise to Mexican Riviera, leaving from LA on February 7th. For 2, it should be around $400+. Would enjoy your company. I see you live near LA, so if the time works out for you, lets chat.
I'm a 64 year old SWM who teaches at the local colleges (computers, photography) and enjoy getting away now and then. The winter session has been shortened, so I have a week off with nothing to do.
Want to join me?
Ken
ken@kenbuckner.com
Old December 19th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Familiar Face

Cynthia,
I'm planning on going on a 7-day RC Mariner of the Seas cruise to the Mexican Riviera (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta) leaving from Los Angeles on February 7th.
I'm a 64 year old, straight SWM, looking for someone to share the cost.
Interested?
ken@kenbuckner.com
easyken56@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by topazmoon View Post
Hi!

My name is Cynthia. After taking a 15 year hiatus from going on cruises, I’m dusting off my passport and getting ready to start cruising again. I'm very interested in traveling around the world, but my first goal is to take several cruises in the Caribbean and/or Mexico in the next year. Although I have no problem with traveling alone, it would be nice to save money and escape the deadly single supplement.

I'm single/never married with no children. I'm also 44 (will turn 45 next month) and live near Los Angeles with two male roommates. I work as an executive assistant for a property management company and attend school at night. I will graduate in the Fall of 2010 with my bachelor's degree in Human Services. My goal is to earn my master's degree in Social Work, Nursing, or Occupational Therapy.

I don’t smoke and drink very rarely. On my cruises, I prefer to shop, sightsee, lounge beside the pool and read, watch the onboard entertainment, and attend cultural events. I’m a morning person (usually rise around 6 am) and definitely perky without the need for caffeine. I’m also a little on the shy/reserved side until I get to know a person better.

I don’t have any cruise line preference (although I’ve only sailed on Royal Caribbean three times), cabin preference (I’ve sailed both inside/outside cabins), cruise length (I’ve done 4 day cruises and 7 day cruises) or dining time preference (I’ve done both). Also -- we can pal around, or we can go separate ways.

What am I looking for in a traveling companion? I’m looking for someone who has a great sense of humor, a positive outlook on life, and an easy-going nature. I’m very liberal so I don’t care about age, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or marital status.

If you're interested, then send me an email and we can start chatting. I'm pretty open minded, flexible, easy-going, and positive.

Hope to hear from you soon…

Cynthia